Seems good 0.16377952755906 16.4% [ 104 ]
No 0.064566929133858 6.5% [ 41 ]
I'm Alpha testing it 0.056692913385827 5.7% [ 36 ]
Whats pathfinder? 0.15433070866142 15.4% [ 98 ]
I'm a whore 0.028346456692913 2.8% [ 18 ]
I'm a bigger whore 0.088188976377953 8.8% [ 56 ]
Total Votes:[ 635 ]

Aged Informer

I'm mostly using PDFs these days. (Wizards, why won't you let me re-buy your older D&D books at near or full retail value in electroinc form crying ). The recent updates to GoodReader on iOS make it very convenient to have a portable gaming library. Considering I still have 6 magazine cardboard holders for my collection of Dragon magazines for which I keep a kind-of visual mental database as to what issue have which information... it sometimes gets maddening when I'm don't have ready access to them and get asked a question I know has an answer or solution in them.

Having my iPad for gaming also lets me carry the 818 page Tome of Horrors Complete without throwing out my back. However I will miss not being able to literally hurl such a massive volume at players.

Shroomygirl's Husband

Distrustful Hellraiser

It seems ok. I'm willing to try it. The only problem I have, one of my friends wants to update the campagin we're using 3.5 for to PF.
But with how our characters are, It doesn't feel like it would work well.

Aged Informer

BoboTheIceMan
It seems ok. I'm willing to try it. The only problem I have, one of my friends wants to update the campagin we're using 3.5 for to PF.

There really shouldn't be any issues unless you've prestige classed heavily. In which case you may need to recalculate your savings throws. There is a quick conversion guide which you may find useful. It's really no worse then switching from 3.0 to 3.5, and you will likely be happier with the end result.

Post your character builds and supplements used and I can tell you what you're in for.

Dapper Explorer

Brasten
From ‎Adamant Entertainment? Uh... that took a moment to find. Errata

"p.38: The range on an Arcane Bolt is 100ft. + 10ft./ level."

So Medium range.

I was not impressed with Tome of Secrets. It really does deserve it's 3 start rating, maybe 2.5. It was not edited well. It was a super early release into Pathfinder and does kinda suffer for it.

Thanks smile

I was just using the srd site for my information and they had omitted range in the description there.

I was interested in trying to re-make a 3.5 Warlock I enjoyed playing for a while and kinda wanted to continue playing in Pathfinder (if I ever got a chance). As it turns out the end result was different enough to be too far removed from the old character to be a direct translation in the new rules but close enough to be a relative/descendant, which works well enough anyway.

On the topic of tablets for gaming, it's something I was thinking would be good, but was thinking of going with something other than an iPad ... maybe something that plays flash razz

Shroomygirl's Husband

Distrustful Hellraiser

Brasten
BoboTheIceMan

There really shouldn't be any issues unless you've prestige classed heavily. In which case you may need to recalculate your savings throws. There is a quick conversion guide which you may find useful. It's really no worse then switching from 3.0 to 3.5, and you will likely be happier with the end result.

Post your character builds and supplements used and I can tell you what you're in for.

Plus I do have a conversion book. So it's all good.

Oh I know I'm in for a lot of hell.

we have two Half-Fey's one is half Star Elf, the other is half Changling. base classes. NBD on their part.
alsot a half dragon, half giant. Expanded Psi. We lowered the ECL for the half giant by one, just because we removed the fire accl and all the psi stuff. He's a war mage. The one from the Minatures hand book. And the other two are a Teifling from the MM. and the other is a half Orge half human(I think on the latter part).

Aged Informer

I can see how that will get a bit complex. It may actually require a bit of a rebuild on the PCs then and some may actually come out lower level then you expect. Your group may like Dreamscarred Press Psioncs Unleashed book which Pathfinderizes the 3.5 XPH classes and rules. I'm not at a place where I can really sit down and work out the differences.

As a general rule as long as you follow the changes to Skills, add on the extra feats, understand changes to damage reduction, then you really don't need to fuss with Race or Class as much. Characters are likely to come out slightly underpowered, but again keep in mind the power creep in later 3.5 books and supplements. Pathfinder tried to bring the Core to that "meta" level so often you can jut plug and go with virtually no changes.

@ Fan_Boy, there shouldn't be anything wrong with using the 3.5 Warlock as is from Complete Arcane. It was fairly spot on for power in 3.5 and may be a tad underpowered in Pathfinder, but overall just fine.

Dapper Explorer

Well, the old character was a Fighter/Warlock using Hideous Blow and a Whip-dagger. Plus improved disarm/trip with spring attack being worked on.

The new one doesn't get access to Hideous Blow but I did find a weapon enhancement (conductive) that lets you channel a special ability through that weapon which works just as well. Many of the abilities available seem to work well for the devil-pact aspect I was going for, plus the addition of the Eldritch Heritage feats tie into the theme. Same pact focus, different powers. Works for me.

Single Divorcee

Dangerous Prophet

Evening. I was pointed here since I'm interested in maybe finding an online pathfinder game.

I play a half-elf synthesis summoner.

Demonic Enchantress

27,500 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Brandisher 100
Ooooh, Pathfinder. Love it.
Love it. Love it. Love it. heart

It's a pity that I can't get a group together where I live.
So I am trying to DM a game for a group of my friends. Sadly being a first time DM. I do need som clarifications on how crafts work and how many different craft types there are in the game. Secondly how does magic work in the game, so I don't accidently say oh you ran out of you aloted uses for the day. Examples may help me out a lot. Reason being one person in the group wants to be a wizard but do not know how to go about and neither do I because I stayed away from playing Wizards in 3.5. Please help.
I'm still looking for players for my games. Also as for crafting >.> You need custom craft rules. Trust me on that one.

Dangerous Prophet

Insanity Logic
I'm still looking for players for my games. Also as for crafting >.> You need custom craft rules. Trust me on that one.

Are you hosting yours online by chance?

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
Mortane
Insanity Logic

Are you hosting yours online by chance?

Not to speak for him, but yes. He typically has his games online, in forum, on Gaia. As far as I know, few else.

As for myself? If you're willing to live and learn a gritty, unforgiving world, I've got one myself [x]
But I must put extra emphasis on the gritty

Dapper Explorer

It's brainstorming time!

I'd like for my Warlock/fighter character to at some point gain fiendish qualities. How would you go about applying the Fiendish template to a character during a game? What mechanics specifically? Would it be a feat (please note that the character has already taken Eldritch Heritage (Infernal) and prerequisites). Would a feat be enough to take on the qualities given the 2 other associated feats? Should there be another prerequisite feat?

Also, I wanted to have a Death Knell warlock ability, and a potential upgraded version that allows the character to steal (temporarily) a supernatural and/or spell-like ability of the Death Knell target. What level ability should it be? I was thinking 4th for Death Knell and 8th for the ability stealing one.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff