No 0.064566929133858 6.5% [ 41 ]
I'm Alpha testing it 0.056692913385827 5.7% [ 36 ]
Whats pathfinder? 0.15433070866142 15.4% [ 98 ]
I'm a whore 0.028346456692913 2.8% [ 18 ]
I'm a bigger whore 0.088188976377953 8.8% [ 56 ]
Total Votes:[ 635 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 3 4 5 6 7 ... 167 168 169 > >> >>> »|

Aged Informer

I am slightly worried about the domain powers and class of the Cleric and Wizard. CoDzillia still seems alive and well. However I won't really mind if the Fighter and other martial classes can be given new higher level abilities that make them a competitive match in their specialization. Nothing will beat spells in the 3e system. It would require really pulling the carpet out from under the whole spell casting system to balance it against Fighters and the like.

I almost think more needs to be done for the Fighter. To be more precise, more stuff at higher levels.

(check the date) Oh, and the Bard needs a total rework. It's such a cheese factory. whee

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
*squee* There IS somewhere to gush all about Pathfinder! *dances all over the thread and gets comfy* Now I can stop cluttering up the It's D&D!!! thread with Pathfinder stuff. ^^ Since they're technically two separate games now. ninja
I made this thread a while ago. :-p

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
4O4 Error
Who else is playtesting?

What HP method are you using?
What Level Characters?
What kind of Characters are in the group?
Is it fun? (for you)
What do you think of the new Domain Powers and Specialization Powers?

I'm playtesting in a couple of spots with the same character; I have Gilusa Ruque, a 1st level elven wizard who's accompanying a dwarven cleric and a human fighter into a kobold minefield. She's also over at Rustmonster forums in a Pathfinder adventure called the Curse of the Crimson Throne. So far, I completely love it/her. I hated wizards in 3.5 because I thought they were too weak and too complicated. Well they aren't any more!
We're using the Paizo HP rule of a d6 hp of for my wizard (max at first level) plus her con score, not modifier. She ended up with 17hp at first level (with an extra +1 for taking her favored class) and it was great because not only did I get hit by a crossbow quarrel once or twice, I also fell in a hole once and I didn't die!

5,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
*sneaks in* ninja

I'm running a playtest. We're doing level 1 currently. Fighter, Cleric, Wizard, and a rogue will be added next session. Most likely much to the relief to the Trapspringers.

So far the player of the fighter is pleased with the new feats, but in comparison we won't know until we start playtesting in the higher levels.

Currently I've got 4 adventures planned. I intend on running a 20th level module with a group once all the class are released, but not before.

Session One

There's the link for where I'm going to be recording feedback for our playtests. Plus all the updating I'm doing. I've already did minor updates to NPC classes to reflect the new system.

I did some 1st level builds to check out the different starting hp too. I found that Constitution is too much, Standard and Racial are not enough, Double or Flat seem the best options currently. Though I beleive the flat needs to be at least +8 not +6 to make the durability worth while. I'm more personallly favourable to the double for its simplicity, but at the same time it refects your class selection stronger.

Skills need regrouping. Theft with Open Lock I'm not a fan of, belongs in Disable Device. There's a thread of talk of revisement for the Heal skill, so that you can heal minor amounts of actual hp dmg. As for preference for skill system, not for the ranks system, I'm going to try the hybrid in the second game, but I think starting skill points may need to be increased for a few classes to make it viable.

Though my thread says Session One, I'm pretty sure I'm just going to put everything in there.

5,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
As for my opinions on clevage showing armor, I beleive Brasten's banner said it all. It can be seen in my profile. lol
Wait its + con score? Since when? What I'm confused.

BRASTEN

*goes and shifts though the books again*

5,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
What's are your guys thoughts on scrapping Profession as a skill and converting it to a feat that gives additional class skills and/or a +1 bonus if they are already class skills.

Examples of skill sets for Professions.

Apothecary: Heal, Knowledge (nature), Craft (Alchemy)
Merchant: Appraise, Deception (as it is currently in the new skill list), Diplomacy
Lawyer: Diplomacy, Deception, Knowledge (local)
Sailor: Swim, Climb, Acrobatics

I'm sure I could come up and remember more, but its a bit late.
Turns them just into class skills or also trains you in them?

5,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
windleaf
Wait its + con score? Since when? What I'm confused.

BRASTEN

*goes and shifts though the books again*

That's a new option suggested in a side bar in the alpha rules for starting hp. They're trying to increase durability. I find that one too much, its like giving a flat bonus of +10 plus more ontop. Just too much.
yeah i noticed that. Brasten is using +6 extra hp ontop of max at first and +1 for favored class.

5,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
windleaf
Turns them just into class skills or also trains you in them?

Only the former, doing the latter would be a bit much under the current Pathfinder skill system. Though Jason has indicated that in the next release the system will be revised in some way, just don't know how. I'm not for ranks returning though.

Anyways, so only making them "class" skills, and if any were already class skills for you gain a +1 bonus on them.

I'd probably set it as a prereq, 1st level only.

5,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
windleaf
yeah i noticed that. Brasten is using +6 extra hp ontop of max at first and +1 for favored class.

That's the flat option, I like it, it makes things simple. But I believe it needs to be +8.

The favoured class thing I like, no more xp penalty, and now if you follow your favoured class bonus hp!
I really like their skill system. And your idea seems pretty nice. biggrin

5,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
Part of me wishes I could be apart of the players side of a playtest game. Just to get my grubby rules lawyerish hands upon them new classes and sink my teeth deep into them. twisted Then again I may be a bit crazy. sweatdrop

I like the simplicity of the skill system, but I dislike the lack of customizeability AND the single dips I could see happening. AND the auto-maxed, which really goes back to customizeability.

I can tell you this, it is really freakin easy to whip NPCs with the PRPG system though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff