Welcome to Gaia! ::

I would recommend going with elves. they're what I started out playing.
Green decks are easier for begginers, just big creatures and spells that make them bigger.

Dapper Explorer

Which can easily be stopped cold by an Ensnaring Bridge.... stare Start 'em on green and you'll stunt 'em permanently.
FenixAran
Which can easily be stopped cold by an Ensnaring Bridge....

Which can easily be destroyed by green spells like Oxidize, Naturalize, Tel-Jilad Justice, Viridian Shaman, Deconstruct, Creeping Mold, Wear Away, and Viridian Zealot to name a few Standard cards. Not to mention that Ensnaring Bridge isn't exactly the most popular card in the world.

I think green is a fine color to start out on. Either green elves, green beasts, red goblins, or red burn. All are good decks to start with.

Dangerous Lunatic

Yeah... no one color is totally in the gutter to another color in Magic. Basically, you've just gotta figure out what you feel comfortable playing with.
deathjester111
i was thinking of plaing it and was wondering if anyone could tell me how to play........i heard tha it is kind of like Duelmasters.....If i play i want to build a ninja deack are they good

to set you straight Dual masters is like MTG Not the other way around and Magic is much harder!!!

Dapper Explorer

DarkMagicRev
deathjester111
i was thinking of plaing it and was wondering if anyone could tell me how to play........i heard tha it is kind of like Duelmasters.....If i play i want to build a ninja deack are they good

to set you straight Dual masters is like MTG Not the other way around and Magic is much harder!!!

That and Magic is THE first and original trading card game. Most comic book and collectables stores in your area should have the materials handy to get you started. But by no means will it be a cakewalk...
Blue and black are probably the hardest colours to start on. Both have pretty weedy creatues and very...specific spells.

Red is good if you like offensive magic.

Green is good if you like big bad creatures.

White is good if you like immunities and healing.

Play for fun first, to compete last. It's just a game.
Habuki Arcana Kuragari
Magic: The Gathering is about as fun as any other card game.

Ninja decks seem to be the craze anymore, but the downfall of them is the fact that you can't get it to work if your opponent blocks all creatures that are attacking him or her.

That's very easily solved with unblockable/fear creatures.
Kage_Mane
FenixAran

Which can easily be destroyed by green spells like Oxidize, Naturalize, Tel-Jilad Justice, Viridian Shaman, Deconstruct, Creeping Mold, Wear Away, and Viridian Zealot to name a few Standard cards. Not to mention that Ensnaring Bridge isn't exactly the most popular card in the world.

I think green is a fine color to start out on. Either green elves, green beasts, red goblins, or red burn. All are good decks to start with.

Yeah, green is the perfect newb color. Absolutely no strategy involved with green. Unless you combine it with other colors, green is so boring.
Toriyatsu
Kage_Mane
FenixAran

Yeah, green is the perfect newb color. Absolutely no strategy involved with green. Unless you combine it with other colors, green is so boring.

I started with a red deck, then went to a multicolor sliver, then to a burn deck.

I won mostly with the slivers, but on the other hand, the first deck was pretty good.
Magic the gathering is probably the longest lasting current card game, and the reason for that is the fact that it is such an awsome game. Like with the possibilities of decks and the color/creature choices you can almost make anything into a magic deck. Sure most ppl will use 'Ninjas' or 'Samurai' becauase they have their special ninjitsu and boshido abilities. but the people who can create a deck that is not already mabe by the creators of magic shows real skill. Like for instance when u build a Artifact deck, it used to be all hell for your opponent because artifact decks let u get out lots of creatures really fast. But because of the skill in deck creation. The ruels of magic have made a Artifact deck practically useless. By banning artifact land, and cutting affinity in half. it screws over ppl like me who have been editing their artifact decks for a long time.
Magic has one big turn of:
It's so expencive if you want to compete!
I mean, ppl I played with had like, 20+ different decks build to crush any deck they might encounter, with uber card combo's... And there I came with my standard green deck... turn 3 ko anyone?

But then I play vs a former top3 woman world tournament player, or something like that -_-

Just make sure you find ppl who play for fun, and not to win.
And if you can only find real good players, ask them to make a 'normall' deck so you stand a chance blaugh

Or just spend a whole lot of money on a deck.

I'd reconmend taking green, for most beginners its cool to have like 7/7 creater's running around stare
Personally, I think the older versions used to be fun, but now, with an expansion coming out every two minutes, it has devolved into making the best uber-deck. "I can make infinite life! Yeah, well, I can make a 1,000,000/1,000,000 creature! So there!"

1,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
First I would recomend going to Wizards Of The Coast and downloading the demo so u can learn that way then I would say find others that play and get a deck u wish to have and try and play

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff