Welcome to Gaia! ::

Improved Counterspell: no prerequisites.

Reactive Counterspell: Improved Counterspell, Improved Initiative.

Spell Stowaway - Time Stop: Spellcraft 24 ranks, caster level 12th, must know Time Stop.

Multispell: Quicken Spell, ability to cast 9th level arcane or divine spells.
intensify maximizes and doubles all random variables of a spell, and costs a spell slot 7 higher than normal.

sorcerers tend to be weaker epic casters than wizards, because they don't have as high an int stat as a wizard, which makes their spellcraft checks lower, which makes their epic spells weaker.

for epic blaster magicians, shameless, unrelenting metamagic assault is the way to go. find Complete Arcane and look for Energy Admixture and Twin Spell, two very good metamagic feats. also, look into the Improved Metamagic epic feat, which lowers the spell slot adjustment of all of your metamagic feats by 1 (to a minimum of +1, and it doesn't work on heighten spell... i don't think). if you want more efficient use of your spell slots, you might want to do the Improved Metamagic thing rather than intensify spell.
elindred
intensify maximizes and doubles all random variables of a spell, and costs a spell slot 7 higher than normal.

sorcerers tend to be weaker epic casters than wizards, because they don't have as high an int stat as a wizard, which makes their spellcraft checks lower, which makes their epic spells weaker.

for blaster magicians, shameless metamagic is the way to go. find Complete Arcane and look for Energy Admixture and Twin Spell, two very good metamagic feats. also, look into the Improved Metamagic epic feat, which lowers the spell slot adjustment of all of your metamagic feats by 1 (to a minimum of +1, and it doesn't work on heighten spell... i don't think).

Hmmm...This Improved Metamagic feat sounds good. What's it prerequisites?

Peddy

Improved Counterspell: no prerequisites.

Reactive Counterspell: Improved Counterspell, Improved Initiative.

Spell Stowaway - Time Stop: Spellcraft 24 ranks, caster level 12th, must know Time Stop.

Multispell: Quicken Spell, ability to cast 9th level arcane or divine spells

Improved Counterspell : Wouldn't I need Counterspell, or something?

Reactive Counterspell : I can only choose 1 feat, and I don't have Improved Initiative.

Spell Stowaway - Time Stop : What does this do?

Multispell: Don't have Quicken Spell.
improved metamagic is in the epic level handbook, which i assume you're consulting if you're making an epic character.
if you don't have a copy on hand, you can find the info in the epic section of this online SRD:
http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/35/sovelior_sage/home.html

i hope you'll get a chance to redo some of your feats. do you really need investigator or toughness twice? those could be used for more metamagic feats.
elindred
improved metamagic is in the epic level handbook, which i assume you're consulting if you're making an epic character.
if you don't have a copy on hand, you can find the info in the epic section of this online SRD:
http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/35/sovelior_sage/home.html

i hope you'll get a chance to redo some of your feats. do you really need investigator or toughness twice? those could be used for more metamagic feats.

Now THIS helps! Thanks!

Probably not. I chose Investigator cause Gather Information was made a class skill for me, and my group relies on me to be the info gatherer. I chose Toughness twice to build up HP.
God...I think I should reconsider choosing Dire Winter as a Epic Spell if I choose Epic Spellcasting.
well, at least see if you can replace one of those toughnesses with improved toughness (gives you 1 extra hp each level) and another metamagic feat. that extra toughness is really screwing you.
anyway, that's just my opnion. if you really can't do it, then that's fine.
and epic spells cost tons of xp to make. you likely won't be 28th level anymore if you make epic spells.
elindred
well, at least see if you can replace one of those toughnesses with improved toughness (gives you 1 extra hp each level) and another metamagic feat. that extra toughness is really screwing you.
anyway, that's just my opnion. if you really can't do it, then that's fine.
and epic spells cost tons of xp to make. you likely won't be 28th level anymore if you make epic spells.

I also just noticed that. gonk

Well, there goes Epic Spellcasting.

Here's three feats I would like:

Improved Combat Casting
Spell Stowaway
Spell Knowledge

The Spell Knowledge I already have in put into LV 5 Spells.
Still could use some help... gonk

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces