Welcome to Gaia! ::

Who plays Hunter? It seems like no one knows about it.

And I dont mean the new WoD version. The old one. Because the new one sucks.
I have a slighlty new one, the one thats out for gamecube.
Notch-o-man
I have a slighlty new one, the one thats out for gamecube.

i beleive that he is talking about the original white wolf pen and paper game
Akujo
Who plays Hunter? It seems like no one knows about it.

And I dont mean the new WoD version. The old one. Because the new one sucks.
You mean like the DnD kinda game?
If so then no. I have not yet, however I have heard of it.
Ive played it, wasnt really a fan of it. It as intersting enough, just to much rawr! Kill it... for my taste.
I have the core book and some of the supplements, but haven't had a chance to play it. It's difficult to find WOD players where I live.
I have every book worth owning of it, and probably a few that aren't. I picked up everything that wasn't an ENEMY sourcebook. Love the game, its a total deviation from standard wod, of course you have to find the right people to actually play it....
Its nice having a WoD that isnt about combat.

Why else would they give you weak humans with the powers to see the future and keep people away from you?
I've wanted to start up a campaign but for some reason none of my friends feel like playing.
Probaly for the best the last time we played a D&D campaign we got ourselves killed trying to walk across a bridge 30 minutes into it.
And I thought that I was nerdy.
Not a fan of the Hunter series. I think its much more fun to hunt Vamps without super powers. But thats me.
They dont really have "super" powers. How super is being able to keep weaker monsters a few feet away from you? Anything strong can beat on you, and they can still shoot you.
I didn't think they had made a version of Hunter for nWoD. I played the Gamecube game, but I agree with the above comment about preferring to hunt the supernatural without being one of them.(Unless it's a Vampire Hunter D thing)
One of the main themes of Hunter is that you arent supernatural. Along with the fight against the undead (And other creatures) characters are expected to battle against themselves. They try to keep themselves sane, since they see monsters no one else can, and try to justify to themselves that they arent supernatural and that their powers are normal. They try to justify it in terms of freak accidents, holy power given to them from their God, or just happenings associated with whatever they use for a trigger, like holy crosses highly emotional objects and etc.

Hunter isnt about killing the supernatural, or being an allpowered freak of nature weilding magic. Its about regular people suddenly realizing that they arent alone, and trying to keep the world safe by any means neccesary while still trying to keep themselves sane and retaining their humanity.

At least thats the setting. Storytellers can do whatever they want.
Akujo
One of the main themes of Hunter is that you arent supernatural. Along with the fight against the undead (And other creatures) characters are expected to battle against themselves. They try to keep themselves sane, since they see monsters no one else can, and try to justify to themselves that they arent supernatural and that their powers are normal. They try to justify it in terms of freak accidents, holy power given to them from their God, or just happenings associated with whatever they use for a trigger, like holy crosses highly emotional objects and etc.

Hunter isnt about killing the supernatural, or being an allpowered freak of nature weilding magic. Its about regular people suddenly realizing that they arent alone, and trying to keep the world safe by any means neccesary while still trying to keep themselves sane and retaining their humanity.

At least thats the setting. Storytellers can do whatever they want.

Too much of the WoD was based in perceptions for me. I just wanted something concrete I could know, but I guess that's not their style.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff