No 0.28571428571429 28.6% [ 2 ]
Total Votes:[ 7 ]
< 1 2 3 4

Combative Soldier

9,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • PvP 200
  • Guildmember 100
Bump...so i tweaked the deck if anyone is interested?

High-functioning Hellraiser

Col.Beowulf

I'd be interested.
Also I feel like Voltron is probably the strongest option for Jenara, being that she can make herself huge fairly easily.
Plus Bant colors give you a lot of options to do some fairly easy infinite mana and infinite turn loops. & with Jenara's ability, tossing in some gimmicky combos would push you to a very early victory.

Combative Soldier

9,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • PvP 200
  • Guildmember 100
AvalancheZer0
Col.Beowulf

I'd be interested.
Also I feel like Voltron is probably the strongest option for Jenara, being that she can make herself huge fairly easily.
Plus Bant colors give you a lot of options to do some fairly easy infinite mana and infinite turn loops. & with Jenara's ability, tossing in some gimmicky combos would push you to a very early victory.
Just one catch i dont use or even support infinite combos. I feel they cheapen the game and its boring to win that way. but im interested in hearing your other ideas? here is the new updated list that i need help with tweaking.
Land ( 38 )
1x Alchemist's Refuge
1x Breeding Pool
1x Celestial Colonnade
1x Command Tower
1x Evolving Wilds
1x Forbidden Orchard
6x Forest
1x Ghost Quarter
1x Glacial Fortress
1x Hallowed Fountain
1x Hinterland Harbor
1x Homeward Path
6x Island
1x Mana Confluence
6x Plains
1x Reflecting Pool
1x Reliquary Tower
1x Seaside Citadel
1x Stirring Wildwood
1x Sunpetal Grove
1x Temple Garden
1x Thespian's Stage
1x Vesuva
Enchantment (10)
1x Aspect of Mongoose
1x Bow of Nylea
1x Copy Enchantment
1x Diplomatic Immunity
1x Finest Hour
1x Leyline of Anticipation
1x Rancor
1x Shield of the Oversoul
1x Shielding Plax
1x Steel of the Godhead
Instant (21)
1x Bant Charm
1x Blue Sun's Zenith
1x Blustersquall
1x Capsize
1x Chord of Calling
1x Counterspell
1x Cryptic Command
1x Cyclonic Rift
1x Deicide
1x Hinder
1x Krosan Grip
1x Last Word
1x Path to Exile
1x Render Silent
1x Rewind
1x Rootborn Defenses
1x Spell Burst
1x Spell Crumple
1x Swords to Plowshares
1x Trickbind
1x Voidslime
Sorcery (10)
1x Austere Command
1x Cultivate
1x Explosive Vegetation
1x Kodama's Reach
1x Rampant Growth
1x Rite of Replication
1x Supreme Verdict
1x Tooth and Nail
1x Wargate
1x Wrath of God
General
Jenara, Asura of war
Creature (20)
1x Acidic Slime
1x Archetype of Endurance
1x Avacyn, Angel of Hope
1x Avenger of Zendikar
1x Birds of Paradise
1x Clone
1x Consecrated Sphinx
1x Craterhoof Behemoth
1x Eternal Witness
1x Noble Hierarch
1x Nylea, God of the Hunt
1x Phantasmal Image
1x Phyrexian Metamorph
1x Progenitor Mimic
1x Purity
1x Restoration Angel
1x Soul of New Phyrexia
1x Soul of Theros
1x Sun Titan
1x Thassa, God of the Sea
Artifact (10)
1x Chromatic Lantern
1x Darksteel Ingot
1x Darksteel Plate
1x Gilded Lotus
1x Lightning Greaves
1x Sensei's Divining Top
1x Sol Ring
1x Swiftfoot Boots
1x Sword of Feast and Famine
1x Vedalken Orrery

High-functioning Waffles

4,775 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but Rite of Replication. Thats all I got XD When I read Bant I thought you'd be using Derevi and I had some cute maneuvers for that but alas no. You could also consider Craterhoof Behemoth if you plan on having a ton of creatures out. And if you need some awesome things to clone throw in a few eldrazi, like It that Betrays, or others that have fun effects. Oooh! Also Biovisionary if you want an alternative win condition

Gatecrash-Biovisionary

Combative Soldier

9,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • PvP 200
  • Guildmember 100
Amaya5
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but Rite of Replication. Thats all I got XD When I read Bant I thought you'd be using Derevi and I had some cute maneuvers for that but alas no. You could also consider Craterhoof Behemoth if you plan on having a ton of creatures out. And if you need some awesome things to clone throw in a few eldrazi, like It that Betrays, or others that have fun effects. Oooh! Also Biovisionary if you want an alternative win condition

Gatecrash-Biovisionary
Funny story. In my new updated one here I already have Rite of replication and craterhoof. I Just took out bioviosnary because it was going to be to complicated and stuff to flash in a bout of clones to try and win that way

High-functioning Hellraiser

Col.Beowulf
Just one catch i dont use or even support infinite combos. I feel they cheapen the game and its boring to win that way. but im interested in hearing your other ideas? here is the new updated list that i need help with tweaking.

I completely understand. Having played with and against infinite combos before, some groups just aren't as okay with them.
That being said, here's some other advice I can offer your deck.

arrow Mirari's Wake / Dictate of Karametra / Heartbeat of Spring
Even without crazy combos, your commander makes excellent use of leftover mana. So why not double up on the value? Mirari's wake will probably be the most effective as it only helps you, but the other options I've listed cost considerable less to purchase & the Dictate even has flash, so you can ensure that you're always the first person to benefit from it.

arrow Prophet of Kruphix / Seedborn Muse
More mana rampy goodness! Again though, these cards tend to go for a pretty penny. You'll always have untapped everything on your opponent's turn. Prophet of Kruphix is probably the better choice of the two as it gives all your creatures the Leyline/Orrery effect as well.

arrow I noticed you're already running Finest Hour. Angelic Arbiter and Silent Arbiter and even Medomai the Ageless would all work well with it, ensuring you're getting even more of a benefit from attacking alone while at the same time slowing your opponent's down. To be honest though I'm not really sure how great Finest Hour is in your deck as you've also got Craterhoof Behemoth with Avenger of Zendikar & Soul of Theros. I guess my concern is, you need to decide whether your deck wants to attack with a lot of things all at once, or just one thing for really hard.

arrow Speaking of Soul of Theros, while it is pretty good, True Conviction is way better if only because you don't have to keep paying mana for it. While you don't get the +2/+2 buff, its still harder to get through double strike than first strike.

arrow I'm not quite sure what Restoration Angel is restoring, but if you want to get more use out of her ability for flickering your ETB effect creatures, maybe try Deadeye Navigator, Nephalia Smuggler, or Conjurer's Closet instead. Heck even Flickerform would be great for a few of the creatures you have.

arrow While Noble Hierarch and Birds of Paradise are great mana fixers and fairly good early game, it can be rather frustrating to draw into one of them late game instead of something more useful. Plus people tend to run more board wipes in commander & they die pretty easily. Maybe I'm just not the biggest fan of mana dorks, but they would be one of my first choices to cut for something like Mirari or Prophet of Kruphix.

arrow You've got enough really good enchants to make easy use of something like Idyllic Tutor or Plea for Guidance

That's kinda all I can think of for now, but I'll hop back in if I come up with something else.

Combative Soldier

9,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • PvP 200
  • Guildmember 100
AvalancheZer0
Col.Beowulf

I completely understand. Having played with and against infinite combos before, some groups just aren't as okay with them.
That being said, here's some other advice I can offer your deck.

arrow Mirari's Wake / Dictate of Karametra / Heartbeat of Spring
Even without crazy combos, your commander makes excellent use of leftover mana. So why not double up on the value? Mirari's wake will probably be the most effective as it only helps you, but the other options I've listed cost considerable less to purchase & the Dictate even has flash, so you can ensure that you're always the first person to benefit from it.

arrow Prophet of Kruphix / Seedborn Muse
More mana rampy goodness! Again though, these cards tend to go for a pretty penny. You'll always have untapped everything on your opponent's turn. Prophet of Kruphix is probably the better choice of the two as it gives all your creatures the Leyline/Orrery effect as well.

arrow I noticed you're already running Finest Hour. Angelic Arbiter and Silent Arbiter and even Medomai the Ageless would all work well with it, ensuring you're getting even more of a benefit from attacking alone while at the same time slowing your opponent's down. To be honest though I'm not really sure how great Finest Hour is in your deck as you've also got Craterhoof Behemoth with Avenger of Zendikar & Soul of Theros. I guess my concern is, you need to decide whether your deck wants to attack with a lot of things all at once, or just one thing for really hard.

arrow Speaking of Soul of Theros, while it is pretty good, True Conviction is way better if only because you don't have to keep paying mana for it. While you don't get the +2/+2 buff, its still harder to get through double strike than first strike.

arrow I'm not quite sure what Restoration Angel is restoring, but if you want to get more use out of her ability for flickering your ETB effect creatures, maybe try Deadeye Navigator, Nephalia Smuggler, or Conjurer's Closet instead. Heck even Flickerform would be great for a few of the creatures you have.

arrow While Noble Hierarch and Birds of Paradise are great mana fixers and fairly good early game, it can be rather frustrating to draw into one of them late game instead of something more useful. Plus people tend to run more board wipes in commander & they die pretty easily. Maybe I'm just not the biggest fan of mana dorks, but they would be one of my first choices to cut for something like Mirari or Prophet of Kruphix.

arrow You've got enough really good enchants to make easy use of something like Idyllic Tutor or Plea for Guidance

That's kinda all I can think of for now, but I'll hop back in if I come up with something else.
I took a look at some of these and edited my deck a little I sent you a pm for more n depth questions

Liberal Voter

Other than plenty of draw and mana ramp, I've always kind enjoyed Exalted with Bant, including stuff like Refiq of the Many, Finest Hour, Sword of Vengeance and Savor the Moment. Also, you get the tutor, Wargate. Since everybody blows up my stuff anyways, I like to play small stuff like Elephant Grass to dispel attacks in conjunction with defensive lands and Crawlspace. I ran Arcades as my General though...

Oh Snap, if you're gunna' be flickering with Deadeye, you may well run Venser and Mystic Snake while you are at it.

Bounce is a classic by the way.

Oh, I forgot Bant Charm, it tucks as does random stuff like Spin into Myth.

Combative Soldier

9,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • PvP 200
  • Guildmember 100
Adiriel
Other than plenty of draw and mana ramp, I've always kind enjoyed Exalted with Bant, including stuff like Refiq of the Many, Finest Hour, Sword of Vengeance and Savor the Moment. Also, you get the tutor, Wargate. Since everybody blows up my stuff anyways, I like to play small stuff like Elephant Grass to dispel attacks in conjunction with defensive lands and Crawlspace. I ran Arcades as my General though...

Oh Snap, if you're gunna' be flickering with Deadeye, you may well run Venser and Mystic Snake while you are at it.

Bounce is a classic by the way.

Oh, I forgot Bant Charm, it tucks as does random stuff like Spin into Myth.
I have bant charm and am leaning away from the exalted trigger for now seeing as a buddy of miine is playing rafiq i dont want to copy his deck.

GaYnus's Husband

Shameless Man-Lover

10,950 Points
  • Married 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
Empyrial Archangel + Vigor is just funny and Guardian of the Gateless is really good too. You should probably have more creatures. You have fewer creatures than most standard decks.

GaYnus's Husband

Shameless Man-Lover

10,950 Points
  • Married 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
Just a few suggestions 3nodding

1x Alchemist's Refuge
1x Breeding Pool
1x Celestial Colonnade
1x Command Tower
1x Evolving Wilds