Welcome to Gaia! ::

xd I always have fun finding people who hate D&D, and being a fan of it myself, it's just hilarious to see something like this. Enjoy! xd

D&D Article

Dangerous Lunatic

Believe me, there are equally humorous ones against Magic: The Gathering.

Mainly all of them revolving around the roles...

Hmm, I suppose Christians believe kids should portray as bloody conflicts as David and Goliath, and the crucifixion of Christ... But when it comes to made up bloodshed and sparing an ounce of creativity and thought, the kids are pulled away from the "dark side" (aka devil) that has sprung up to envelop their souls in eternal fire and brimstone.

Look, if you don't like this kind of stuff, go live your lives as some Amish dorks who go without electricity to power your D&D console games, and have to make dice out of raw materials. The chances of a kid fashioning a 20 sided die from some "god given" material is enough to make you think that God wants him to play D&D.
so much fun to watch the christian soccer moms make a**'s of themselfs and blame DnD for bad children when its really there fault that their children are depressed and homocidale, and lets not forget my favorit bible quote from psalms 137 vs. 9, king james version "happy shall he be that taketh and dasheth they little ones against the stones"
Who hasn't seen Jack Chick by now? Also, fun fact: On the WotC forums, it's against the CoC to link to JC. It's considered hate speech.
DyingCulture
Who hasn't seen Jack Chick by now? Also, fun fact: On the WotC forums, it's against the CoC to link to JC. It's considered hate speech.

CoC? Call of Cthulhu?
Threx
DyingCulture

CoC? Call of Cthulhu?
Code of Conduct. Think Gaia's ToS, but with a lot less stupid.
DyingCulture

It is, just look at some of the things he writes:

Quote:
However, the fantasy component in D&D and related games is mostly defined as inhabiting a quasi-medieval (or even Paleolithic) world full of magic and magical-related characters such as wizards, trolls, orcs, etc.

Quote:
One other issue needs to be raised about alignment. The morality expressed in D&D is fuzzy at best, and is certainly NOT the morality of the Bible. The same handbook tells us "…that goodness has no absolute values. Although many things are commonly accepted as good (helping those in need, protecting the weak) different cultures impose their own interpretations on what is good and what is evil."6

For example, you can have a "lawful evil" character. A handbook states that: "A lawful evil villain methodically takes what he wants within the limits of his code of conduct without regard to whom it hurts. He cares about tradition, loyalty and order, but not about freedom, dignity or life."7 Talk about a mish-mash of moral ambiguity. Our young people are having enough trouble getting their values straight without being immersed in this sort of material!

He sounds full of hate indeed.
He is full of hate, and it's retardedly funny. "It's not the morality of THE BIBLE, so it's evil and wrong!" rolleyes
DyingCulture
He is full of hate, and it's retardedly funny. "It's not the morality of THE BIBLE, so it's evil and wrong!" rolleyes

Well, duh! If it's not in the Bible, or conflicts with the Bible, it's evil.

xp Sometimes I do hate people.

Edit: Oh, dear gods, he's blaming D&D partially for the growth of wicca. gonk
question Any one ever notice that its only the high strung Christians that get all pissy, none of the other religions seem to care (so it seems to me at least, though I may be wrong) so why do they feel the need to b***h when no one else does? What that say about them? That they are insecure? unstable? Maybe alittle OCD? question
DyingCulture

Hate speech? Trolling, MAYBE... kinda like going into a Pokemon fan thread and saying "Pokemon sucks, Charizard is a dragon therefore Pokemon is satanic, etc."

And I must wonder if WotC would allow linking to Schnoebeln's article on a resource other than Chick. That'd be interesting to research.

As for "magic is an abominable sin..." why doesn't fellow quote the fact that one of the Judaeo-Christian patriarchs, Jacob, actually practiced sorcery? (See Genesis 30.) razz
As stated elsewhere Jack Chick and Derek Smart are my personal heros ;P
West Pickman 47
question Any one ever notice that its only the high strung Christians that get all pissy, none of the other religions seem to care (so it seems to me at least, though I may be wrong) so why do they feel the need to b***h when no one else does? What that say about them? That they are insecure? unstable? Maybe alittle OCD? question

I think this is rather because you live in a primarily Christian society. While Eastern religion/philosphies tend to be very live-and-let-live, the Muslim world probably frowns very deeply on D&D in a similar fashion to the cross-followers.
Sandokiri
As for "magic is an abominable sin..." why doesn't fellow quote the fact that one of the Judaeo-Christian patriarchs, Jacob, actually practiced sorcery? (See Genesis 30.) razz

Well, he's dead now, isn't he? That must prove he was a sinner! blaugh

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces