Welcome to Gaia! ::

Phantom

I have a lot of fun playing this deck and I look forward to playing it all the time in standard.
Win or lose, this deck is just so fun to play! I haven't played a fun deck in years .___.
It's always, "Oh that isn't up to the standard par, blahblah." Whether I suck or not, gonna have fun! xD

4 Geralf's Messenger
4 Dreg Mangler
4 Gravecrawler
4 Diregraf Ghoul
4 Lotleth Troll
4 Highborn Ghoul

4 Rancor
2 Murder
2 Abrupt Decay
2 Mutilate
4 Tragic Slip

4 Woodland Cemetery
4 Overgrown Tomb
4 Cavern of Souls
10 Swamps

60 Cards.

Do not reconstruct.
(If I don't get a single reply because of this, so be it, just don't.)

Just tell me what you would do differently, or
share with me your Golgari Zombies you made ^^

Girl-Crazy Grabber

Me and my team have been working on zombies for the new format (I'm currently short a majority of the green cards so my build skews more towards RB but once optimized I'll prolly be playing something like Jund zombies with all the good ones.

B/r Zombies

Creatures
4 Diregraf Ghoul
3 Falkenrath Aristocrat
4 Geralf's Messenger
4 Gravecrawler
4 Rakdos Cackler
4 Blood artist

Instants
3 Brimstone Volley
2 tragic slip

Sorceries
2 Flames of the Firebrand
4 Pillar of Flame
3 Sign in Blood

Basic Lands
12 Swamp

Lands
4 Blood Crypt
3 Cavern of Souls
4 Dragonskull Summit

Not quite optimized, but pillar is insane in the mirror.

B/g (friends list)

Creatures
4 Diregraf Ghoul
4 Dreg Mangler
4 Geralf's Messenger
4 Gravecrawler
4 Lotleth Troll
4 Rakdos Cackler

Enchantments
3 Rancor

Instants
3 Abrupt Decay
4 Tragic Slip

Sorceries
3 Sign in Blood

Basic Lands
11 Swamp

Lands
4 Cavern of Souls
4 Overgrown Tomb
4 Woodland Cemetery

Closer to what I'll be playing once I have the mana base. I think junds prolly the way to be cause you get the best of both worlds, but I'm waiting till the lands flood the market and dip before I go out of my way to pick them up.

Phantom

Emrakul
Me and my team have been working on zombies for the new format (I'm currently short a majority of the green cards so my build skews more towards RB but once optimized I'll prolly be playing something like Jund zombies with all the good ones.

B/r Zombies

Creatures
4 Diregraf Ghoul
3 Falkenrath Aristocrat
4 Geralf's Messenger
4 Gravecrawler
4 Rakdos Cackler
4 Blood artist

Instants
3 Brimstone Volley
2 tragic slip

Sorceries
2 Flames of the Firebrand
4 Pillar of Flame
3 Sign in Blood

Basic Lands
12 Swamp

Lands
4 Blood Crypt
3 Cavern of Souls
4 Dragonskull Summit

Not quite optimized, but pillar is insane in the mirror.

B/g (friends list)

Creatures
4 Diregraf Ghoul
4 Dreg Mangler
4 Geralf's Messenger
4 Gravecrawler
4 Lotleth Troll
4 Rakdos Cackler

Enchantments
3 Rancor

Instants
3 Abrupt Decay
4 Tragic Slip

Sorceries
3 Sign in Blood

Basic Lands
11 Swamp

Lands
4 Cavern of Souls
4 Overgrown Tomb
4 Woodland Cemetery

Closer to what I'll be playing once I have the mana base. I think junds prolly the way to be cause you get the best of both worlds, but I'm waiting till the lands flood the market and dip before I go out of my way to pick them up.

Other than Cackler for Highborn Ghoul, and Sign in Blood for Mutilate/Murder.
Your friend and I have the general same idea lol...
Pump out creatures fast, supercharge em with Rancor, and remove the threats lol.

Yeah I'm tempted to try Jund myself, just because I can throw a Bonfire in the mix and 4 Pillars, for starters. Which would be yeah, great in a mirror of GB Zombies.

Oh and I pull the 2 Murders out for 2 Human Frailty when facing Humans, other than that, 4 Deathrite Shaman for Mirrors in my sideboard. Then a Tormod's for Mirrors as well.
Not a lot for the Side Deck yet...

Girl-Crazy Grabber

Jund is prolly the worst for the mirrors (8 shocks can really screw with your life total in such a brutally fast mirror) My friends list is pretty much what I'll be playing once I get everything but the budgets tight and just porting my list prerotation and making it stronger in the mirror was the first step. I like the reach of the red deck a little bit more and its not just cold to the silly exalted problack white knight like the g/b version (people seem to have a strange fixation with exalted at the shop I've been playing at so it pops up just enough to annoy and red spells make me happier in dealing with it but pretty much everything is up for debate until the format solidifies (I'm sure I'm too fixated on the mirror right now and will have issues beating a deck that goes all in on the centuar, into huntmaster, into thragtusk plan (with some resto angels to really stick it to me). Its a delicate balance and maybe I'll get enough of the lands (and sick removal spells) to play a greedy control deck. 5cc seems like it could be viable (it may take until gatecrash to have the perfect mana base tho).

Tipsy Loiterer

I know in my groups Jund Zombie list we run 4 Huntmaster to take the mirror.

Girl-Crazy Grabber

Yea we have discussed the going bigger plan but I was kinda hoping I could just combo kill them if they gain a little life XD.

Tipsy Loiterer

It's gonna be dirty for awhile.

Also 5cc is just unplayable right now. You lose too much life too fast to catch up with any aggro deck.

Girl-Crazy Grabber

I assumed about as much but was hoping someone could crack it. Theres a TCGPlayer event on saturday and I'm pretty sure its not worth the effort as well states coming up and I'm not even enthused about that. It just feels like zombies vs the world and if teh world really wants to beat zombies it can.

Tipsy Loiterer

I tried 5cc, and even with 4 thragtusk you have issues stabilizing. I think I'm taking UWr Miracles to states. 4 Terminus helps a lot against Zombies.

Phantom

Kaim Arouet
I tried 5cc, and even with 4 thragtusk you have issues stabilizing. I think I'm taking UWr Miracles to states. 4 Terminus helps a lot against Zombies.

Yes it does..
I'm considering dropping in 4 Blood Artist and 4 Killing Waves,
and dropping 4 Highborn Ghoul, 2 Mutilate, 1 Tragic Slip, 1 Rancor.
Just for some extra hate in my game, because I just played a Blue/White/Black Esper Control Deck and it was nuts... 4 Terminus, 2 Verdicts, 3 Detention Sphere etc, and when he sidedecked he threw in 4 Grafdigger's Cage and wrecked my face x_____x

Told me something along the lines of, "Sorry, but I refuse to lose to another RTR Zombie Deck.
Thanks for the match." ...lol... but! This has just made me want to make changes so I can have other wincons in my deck xD

Tipsy Loiterer

CodeBlueMtnDew
Kaim Arouet

Yes it does..
I'm considering dropping in 4 Blood Artist and 4 Killing Waves,
and dropping 4 Highborn Ghoul, 2 Mutilate, 1 Tragic Slip, 1 Rancor.
Just for some extra hate in my game, because I just played a Blue/White/Black Esper Control Deck and it was nuts... 4 Terminus, 2 Verdicts, 3 Detention Sphere etc, and when he sidedecked he threw in 4 Grafdigger's Cage and wrecked my face x_____x

Told me something along the lines of, "Sorry, but I refuse to lose to another RTR Zombie Deck.
Thanks for the match." ...lol... but! This has just made me want to make changes so I can have other wincons in my deck xD
I can tell you the UWr has even more removal with Bonfires as well as 4 terminus and 2 Verdicts. Blood Artist at least makes people pause.

Shameless Exhibitionist

8,750 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
i have a B/U hyperswarmer zombie deck i'm in the middle of modifying. if i can get it to run it may be the most powerful standard legal deck possible. .... i had at one point 80 4/4 zombie tokens summoned in one turn. how do you stop that, short of a phyrexian rebirth... the answer: you don't. you just sit there and take 320 damage, and go to -300. that's what you do.

Tipsy Loiterer

damagedalice
i have a B/U hyperswarmer zombie deck i'm in the middle of modifying. if i can get it to run it may be the most powerful standard legal deck possible. .... i had at one point 80 4/4 zombie tokens summoned in one turn. how do you stop that, short of a phyrexian rebirth... the answer: you don't. you just sit there and take 320 damage, and go to -300. that's what you do.
With have a dozen removal spells? Even a overloaded Mizzium Mortars does the job...

Shameless Exhibitionist

8,750 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Kaim Arouet
damagedalice
With have a dozen removal spells? Even a overloaded Mizzium Mortars does the job...
hmh, maybe, but on the next turn i'd still have a dozen more zombies to bash your skull in and eat those sweet delicious brains.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff