Welcome to Gaia! ::

Amateur Prophet

wanala
TheDiceman
The Mythos card game based on Lovecrafts writings is a lot of fun. I have two boxes worth back home but have yet to get any of the last expansion for the base game.

Mythos has always been one of my favorites. I'm only a couple cards away from a complete set.

You might take a look at the new Cthulhu CCG. It's not the same as Mythos, but the demo I saw looked pretty similar in gameplay, and the theme is certainly the same.

Yeah, I saw that at my local shop last week. It is not selling so the starters and boosters are all half price. I will prlly pick up a few, but I doubt it will compare to the original Mythos game. I still need to get a box of Legends of the Necronomicon and try to hunt down a few limited edition starters to get together a full set. I am not sure if I should botehr with Dreamlands or New Aeon though.

Amateur Prophet

DrkPhreakX
Not sure how close to complete my Jyhad set is but I know I have over 1,000 cards, as well as about 750 M:tg 500-700 Rage cards, 400 SW Series 1 cards, A deck of sim city cards, and some YYH. Of all of them I miss Jyhad the most. Political Intrigue, hunter prey relationships, the edge. Oh and Malkavian Madness Network. Need I say more?

Unfortunatly all of my friends who played Jyhad lost thier cards. I honestly think I was the only idiot to buy sim city cards. I never had anyone to play Rage or SW with. YYH I bought to check it out, but kinda lost my interest in the end.

You may not know this but White Wolf has release two tins with sets of the old Jyhad cards. The price is not bad and they would be good for anyone who missed out/wants to get into the game. I am going to try and get them myself since I never played back when ti was actully in circulation.
DrkPhreakX
Not sure how close to complete my Jyhad set is but I know I have over 1,000 cards, as well as about 750 M:tg 500-700 Rage cards, 400 SW Series 1 cards, A deck of sim city cards, and some YYH. Of all of them I miss Jyhad the most. Political Intrigue, hunter prey relationships, the edge. Oh and Malkavian Madness Network. Need I say more?

Unfortunatly all of my friends who played Jyhad lost thier cards. I honestly think I was the only idiot to buy sim city cards. I never had anyone to play Rage or SW with. YYH I bought to check it out, but kinda lost my interest in the end.

I own several boxes of Sim City cards. Great game if it wernt collectable. and didnt require so many calculations for points.
TheDiceman
wanala
TheDiceman
The Mythos card game based on Lovecrafts writings is a lot of fun. I have two boxes worth back home but have yet to get any of the last expansion for the base game.

Mythos has always been one of my favorites. I'm only a couple cards away from a complete set.

You might take a look at the new Cthulhu CCG. It's not the same as Mythos, but the demo I saw looked pretty similar in gameplay, and the theme is certainly the same.

Yeah, I saw that at my local shop last week. It is not selling so the starters and boosters are all half price. I will prlly pick up a few, but I doubt it will compare to the original Mythos game. I still need to get a box of Legends of the Necronomicon and try to hunt down a few limited edition starters to get together a full set. I am not sure if I should botehr with Dreamlands or New Aeon though.

Really the new Cthulhu CCG isn't sellign where you are? Whe have people going aboslutly apeshit over that game down here. People love it. I would kill to get some starters half off. It is a great game that I recomend, I definatly recomend it at half off.

In other news the Shardowrun books have just appeared at http://www.drivethrurpg.com they are a company that sells roleplaying books in .pdf format. They used to have this hella annyonying DRM copy protetion on thier stuff but now its just pleasently and unobtrusivly watermarked.

If you like shadowrun I highly recomend you run over there now and sighn up, they have the critters book, the quick start guide, and the GM screen all available as free downloads for this week only.

By the way THANKYOU for the heads up on the Jyhad release I'll definatly look into picking that up.
Didn't Ani-mayhem die? What about legend of the five rings?

Amateur Prophet

Yes, Ani-Mayhem died. And as I said earlier if it had only come a few years later it would have been successful.

L5R on the other hand is still in print and played. I no longer play myself though and plan on selling my old collection.
TheDiceman
Yes, Ani-Mayhem died. And as I said earlier if it had only come a few years later it would have been successful.

L5R on the other hand is still in print and played. I no longer play myself though and plan on selling my old collection.

The tins for vampire you were talking about are the 10th annaversary tins right?

Amateur Prophet

Excelent. In other good games that died, Battleball. It is from the same makers of heroscape, it is an ultra simplistic future fotball boardgame. It was made pretty much in the same tradition of Mutant League football. Where there were supposed to be expansions like new teams and rules coming out for it but the game is dead unfortunatly. Of course if you can find a copy it goes for about $5-10 and it is worth every penny.

I hope that with the sucess of heroscape that this game will come back, or at least the figgures will make it into heroscape.

Lucien Corvo's Significant Otter

Fasa's Shadowrun I've yet to play though I do play the new edition of Shadowrun(well run it is more accurate). Also There was Earthdawn,also created by Fasa. Though that too has had the license picked up and two companies are producing it once more. Which makes me very happy as the newer company is thinking of a lot of things to do beyond the orginal material.
Galateal
What RPGs and CCGs have you played that just couldn't keep up with competition or the company died out for other reason?

CCGS: Shadowrun, Overpower
RPGs: TSR's version of Ravenloft
Other Notes: I have at least one card from the following CCGs: Sim City, X-Files, L5R, Redemption, Middle Earth (Iron Crown Entertainment's CCG), Hyborean Gates, Illuminati: New World Order, Warlord, DBZ, DBGT, Yu Yu Hakusho, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon off the top of my head.
Warlord's still stron-ish, but Yu-Gi-Oh will be dead soon

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces