Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cesihl's Prince

Supreme Hero

27,100 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
Explain to me why it's becoming so popular?
I can't get past the first episode of the horrible show.
I've seen game play and I've seen the cards and I just don't get it.
I know it was supposed to be a children's game with how the cards are designed and the WAY to simple game play but what's the allure?

Why am I seeing adults, especially the typical "Swag" players, play this game?

Hilarious Codger

Buddyfight is popular?
Huh, not in any store I go too.

And people probably like it because it's like Vanguard.
It's super easy and decks pretty much build themselves.(Don't know if that's true for Buddyfight, but it's true for vanguard)

Shirtless Shapeshifter

I don't personally know anybody who independently decided to start playing Buddyfight. There's a group of about fifteen of us at my locals who have decks, but nobody's consistent enough with it for us to get regular tournaments going and we all just play because three or four of us decided to get into the game while it was cheap and wanted something new to play with each other.

As for the gameplay, it's not quite as autopilot as Vanguard. There are different timings and ways to counter your opponents during their turn, and in the English version at least there's a sideboard for best-of-three matches. You can run a spell-heavy deck or a monster-heavy deck or a balanced deck. It's kind of like a cross between MTG and Vanguard, and it's fairly new, so if people are getting into it now it's either because they legitimately find it fun or because it's a good time to get in.

Plus, everything after the second booster can come in a parallel foil, so you can holo out your deck if you want. I guess "swag" players are into that.

Can't comment on the anime because I haven't seen much of it either. It's basically an extended commercial for the game, so you can't really expect much substance.

Adorable Lunatic

16,225 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Waffles! 25
Because it's fun.

At first I thought the game was kinda poop at first too. Then I played with actual decks and not flash/trial decks and realized the game does have potential.

Hell, if you can get past the show's ultimate cheese factor, it really isn't terrible either.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff