Welcome to Gaia! ::

Witty Hunter

8,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Emrakul
Thraxamundar, Sedris, lord of tresserhorn, Garza Zol, Nicol Bolas and Sol'Kanar are the most common ones.

is there any Grixis general that has a "mill" effect? Thraximundar looks like the best idea for a general

Witty Hunter

8,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
The Plague

I also need advise for the green-black sac deck. With that new Green-White Legendary Angel and the couple cards that make it so I can't pay life or sac in order to activate abilities.. I'm going to need to make changes to the deck in order to keep the deck up to date..

Any suggestions?

Girl-Crazy Grabber

There are no grixis colored commanders who mill. Thrax is the best as a Goodstuff general but doesn't really add to the mill plan. As far as beating the G/W angel with the b/g deck goes there are only a handful of cards that can just deal with it, Damnation, BSZ, Plague wind, Creatures with deathtouch and reach/flying. The angel does turn off the synergy portion of your deck, so you may have to specialize in removing some of the synergy cards to make it more powerful so you can match that cards quality, Maybe some swords to swing past it, or some dragons/demons ect to outclass it.

Witty Hunter

8,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Emrakul
There are no grixis colored commanders who mill. Thrax is the best as a Goodstuff general but doesn't really add to the mill plan. As far as beating the G/W angel with the b/g deck goes there are only a handful of cards that can just deal with it, Damnation, BSZ, Plague wind, Creatures with deathtouch and reach/flying. The angel does turn off the synergy portion of your deck, so you may have to specialize in removing some of the synergy cards to make it more powerful so you can match that cards quality, Maybe some swords to swing past it, or some dragons/demons ect to outclass it.

I was thinking of putting in "Sever the Bloodlines". ya or neigh?

Girl-Crazy Grabber

I think sever is good in EDH but its terrible Vs. Sigurda.

Witty Hunter

8,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Emrakul
I think sever is good in EDH but its terrible Vs. Sigurda.

oh s**t.. I just realized that she has Hexproof...

So her 2nd ability says that abilities opponents control can't make Sigarda's controller sacrifice right? Now does it mean that player can't be targets (barter in blood, Geth's Edict, etc) but if the effect is global would it still work? Or just in general that player will no longer have to sac?

Because Sarva's ability is global. So is Gravepact and Butcher of Malikar's

Girl-Crazy Grabber

She turns off all abilities that would cause Sigarda's controler to sac anything you control. No Barter, no Liliana, no Tribute to hunger, no Gravepact/butcher. Heres the full run down of rulings.

5/1/2012 As a spell or ability an opponent controls resolves, if it would force you to sacrifice a permanent, you just don't. That part of the effect does nothing. If that spell or ability gives you the option to sacrifice a permanent (as Brain Gorger's ability does), you can't take that option.
5/1/2012 If a spell or ability an opponent controls instructs you to perform an action unless you sacrifice a permanent (as Ogre Marauder does), you can't choose to sacrifice a permanent. You must perform the action. On the other hand, if a spell or ability an opponent controls instructs you to sacrifice a permanent unless you perform an action (as Killing Wave does), you can choose whether or not to perform the action. If you don't perform the action, nothing happens, since you can't sacrifice any permanents.
5/1/2012 You may still sacrifice permanents to pay the costs of spells you cast and abilities you activate, or because a resolving spell or ability you control instructs or allows you to do so.
5/1/2012 You may sacrifice a permanent to pay the activation cost of an ability, even if that ability comes from a permanent an opponent controls (such as Excavation).
5/1/2012 You may sacrifice a permanent as a special action, even if the effect that allows you to do so comes from an opponent's permanent (such as Damping Engine or Volrath's Curse). No one controls special actions.
5/1/2012 This ability affects only sacrifices. It won't stop a creature from being put into the graveyard due to lethal damage or having 0 toughness, and it won't stop a permanent from being put into the graveyard due to the "legend rule" or the "planeswalker uniqueness rule." None of these are sacrifices; they're the result of game rules.

Hope this helps.

Witty Hunter

8,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Emrakul
She turns off all abilities that would cause Sigarda's controler to sac anything you control. No Barter, no Liliana, no Tribute to hunger, no Gravepact/butcher. Heres the full run down of rulings.

5/1/2012 As a spell or ability an opponent controls resolves, if it would force you to sacrifice a permanent, you just don't. That part of the effect does nothing. If that spell or ability gives you the option to sacrifice a permanent (as Brain Gorger's ability does), you can't take that option.
5/1/2012 If a spell or ability an opponent controls instructs you to perform an action unless you sacrifice a permanent (as Ogre Marauder does), you can't choose to sacrifice a permanent. You must perform the action. On the other hand, if a spell or ability an opponent controls instructs you to sacrifice a permanent unless you perform an action (as Killing Wave does), you can choose whether or not to perform the action. If you don't perform the action, nothing happens, since you can't sacrifice any permanents.
5/1/2012 You may still sacrifice permanents to pay the costs of spells you cast and abilities you activate, or because a resolving spell or ability you control instructs or allows you to do so.
5/1/2012 You may sacrifice a permanent to pay the activation cost of an ability, even if that ability comes from a permanent an opponent controls (such as Excavation).
5/1/2012 You may sacrifice a permanent as a special action, even if the effect that allows you to do so comes from an opponent's permanent (such as Damping Engine or Volrath's Curse). No one controls special actions.
5/1/2012 This ability affects only sacrifices. It won't stop a creature from being put into the graveyard due to lethal damage or having 0 toughness, and it won't stop a permanent from being put into the graveyard due to the "legend rule" or the "planeswalker uniqueness rule." None of these are sacrifices; they're the result of game rules.

Hope this helps.

********... So I'm going to need to put wipes into the deck.. yeah thanks for the info. Its better to know then for me to try to figure it out mid game.

Girl-Crazy Grabber

I wouldn't be too paranoid about this card unless your group really loves it (I think its a very powerful card that can go into most G/W builds but I don't see it replacing Teeg/Sissay/Rhys as the general of choice for this color combo). If it will be an issue an issue, adding some sweepers and some tutors to find them may be the best plan.

Witty Hunter

8,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Emrakul
I wouldn't be too paranoid about this card unless your group really loves it (I think its a very powerful card that can go into most G/W builds but I don't see it replacing Teeg/Sissay/Rhys as the general of choice for this color combo). If it will be an issue an issue, adding some sweepers and some tutors to find them may be the best plan.

My group hates playing against my Grn/blk deck so i'm usually the 1st target that they go after. You pulled turn 4 Sholdred and people start to get all butt hurt about playing against you>_<

Girl-Crazy Grabber

It seems like some eldrazi spawn makers (mostly awaking zone) would fit right in (not that it helps with the Sigarda issue just something I noticed). This deck doesn't look super abusive but I suppose if you are the guy doing the sickest thing at the table (IE turn 4 Sheoldred) you are gonna inspire a lot of hate weather your mean to or not.

Witty Hunter

8,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Emrakul
It seems like some eldrazi spawn makers (mostly awaking zone) would fit right in (not that it helps with the Sigarda issue just something I noticed). This deck doesn't look super abusive but I suppose if you are the guy doing the sickest thing at the table (IE turn 4 Sheoldred) you are gonna inspire a lot of hate weather your mean to or not.

Yeah T4 Sheoldred was a lucky fluke but they still hold that against me. I just got lucky that I happen to have her, deathrender and carrion feeder in my hand w/ a couple ramp cards.

Witty Hunter

8,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PLague Deck

I made some changes to my green-Black sacrifice deck. I wanted to see what everyone might think of it now..

I've gotta update the changes I've made to the RDW EDH and once I do that, I hope to get some input.

and I dismantled the G/W>_<

Magical Lunatic

I love the Commander format. So fun for casual. Makes me sad that people around here don't play it. As for advice, I can't really say. I imagine a lot depends on what people in your area play. It almost makes you sad you aren't playing white huh? For that enchantment that makes your opponent sack anything that you lose. I wonder if a white/black version of this deck would be viable?

Witty Hunter

8,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Celisasu
I love the Commander format. So fun for casual. Makes me sad that people around here don't play it. As for advice, I can't really say. I imagine a lot depends on what people in your area play. It almost makes you sad you aren't playing white huh? For that enchantment that makes your opponent sack anything that you lose. I wonder if a white/black version of this deck would be viable?

I think you're thinking of "barren waste" or something like that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff