Welcome to Gaia! ::

Original Gaian

Regarding intimidate, that actually is STUPID to intimidate something bigger than you!
You take -4 to your intimidate rolls for every size category bigger your target is!
Seph Baelzara
Bah, every good party needs a necessary evil to keep it balanced. Otherwise they'll always be gung-ho about stopping some unnamed evil, helping every damsel, etc.
It's that evil that keeps them grounded, and at the task at hand (and going with the necessary evil's plans).

At least, this is my view

I think I love you XD is that wrong <.<' Good is an option, evil is a necessity. I can't stand the people that are like everyone has to be good and this is a LG game where you HAVE to play nice with everyone X.x mind you it is annoying when everyone tries to be that one evil char. XD ...

and as for this "Regarding intimidate, that actually is STUPID to intimidate something bigger than you!
You take -4 to your intimidate rolls for every size category bigger your target is!"

yeah its stupid...but its sure as hell fun to try, and even better when you actually succeed, nothing says wtf like seeing a 4foot tall char, intimidating a 9foot tall heavily armored battle hardened Orc war chief or something XD
RohanAridia
Yeah, sadly most players don't know how to do a good insane character anymore.

This is SO true...
One of the players in my Sunday group,
I swear he's like Peter Griffin with the whole being just barely above the line of retardation thing.

He's plying a Troq,
(Not playing D&D)
And they are like the big, strong, Yeti People.

Jacob always plays the "big and Tough" "Me smash you" kind of character,
(It's just the way he is cause he's not that good and it's the only thing that works for him)

So in this game he's playing out big mean front line combatant and playing big and "not" dumb.
(cause he never admits that the s**t he does is retarded)
And at one point he decides of his own accord that his character would have gone crazy going through this dungeon.
His logic...?

"I've lost all of my fur from swimming in Acid, Lost 94% of my max hitpoints from touching the evil book, had my arm chopped off, and had to walk around with my wang out cause there is no armor that fits me! My character would have gone crazy from this!"

So we just ignore it and go about, and chalk it up to him being his usual retarded self.
And nothing he does is any different than he did before.
And then he starts just smashing things up.
Treasure that he can't use
(cause he's not going to smash the s**t that he can use, no, he'll understand not to do that)

Walking right into traps when he knows that they are there.
and most importantly smashing up puzzles that he can't solve on his own.
(which is all of them cause he's a frick'n moron!)

So when we asked why he did that,
(cause smashing the puzzle was the final straw cause now not only could we not move on, but we HAD to move on and the DM couldn't figure out what to do)
So we ask him,
"Why the hell are you doing that?"
His reply,
"Like I said! My character is going crazy he's gonna start doing s**t that doesn't make sense!"
My response,
"Jacob! Your character didn't do anything that made sense before he went crazy! If you want to portray "crazy" you have them do the opposite of whatever they normally would do! The big mean Smash you in one hit guy would obviously be crazy if he stopped smashing s**t and started talking to a rat instead of smashing s**t! Now sit down and shut the ******** up! Your ruining the game for everyone else!"
SufferingPlanet
Regarding intimidate, that actually is STUPID to intimidate something bigger than you!
You take -4 to your intimidate rolls for every size category bigger your target is!

Which makes you wonder why Intimidate is based off of CHA and not something like STR or CON.

They give you bonuses for being Charismatic,
(which I understand cause that's how they represent saying things like "I'm gonna cut off your wang and make you choke on it you ear ******** knob gobler!" or similar threat)
Yet they give you negatives if your NOT the big tough guy.
To which it's a rare case that the guy who is the big mean scary look'n mutha, is also the one with the high CHA.

Which is why I still think Intimidate should use both STR and CHA,
Depending on how you intimidate.
If you intimidate by popping your knuckles and towering over someone, then it's STR based.
If you intimidate by use of "colorful words" then it's CHA based.

I'm pretty sure that most DM's do this anyway...
But that's how it should be written in the books.
Back in the days of oWoD, I had come up with an interesting malkavian concept (btw, which NOBODY can play properly I find).

split personality-

1st personality - hired gun. does contracts for extra cash and the occasional job for the higher ups. relatively straight forward type

2nd personality - a scaredy cat pacifist. He likes to "chime in" occasionally during jobs as well as during feeding. So what happens is the primary personality has to compromise with his other half to make sure they don't fight for control at the wrong time: "Ok, you can do this job, but you can't kill anybody for another week or two. This is getting out of hand."

He would also occasionally cut in during feeding time.

The only sad part is that the GM wouldn't let me give the pacifist a phobia to blood, said it would be too much of a hassle.

I never did get to play him to fruition sadly.

I think I need to come up with a good insane type char in D&D next time I find a session.
My insane char is a cat girl rogue....whose idea of fun is totally ******** people over, which useally ends up with one or more dead bodies, she not so much insane like crazy, she's just... a handful...she stole a whistle from a guard, run down a dark alley, put a bunch of marbles in the alley, blew the whistle and when the guards came running, they slipped on the marbles, she jumped out of her hiding spot, killed one, went invisible and started painting the symbol of her deity in blood all over the walls, while whispering "The Shadows are coming" needless to say when more guards came, and the one she didn't kill started spourting nonsene about a little girl with cat ears and a tail, and how the shadows are killing people, he was draged off and thrown in a dark cell for being 'unstable, and unfit for work' then there was the time she burnt down half the capital city cause someone stole a dagger from her and she wanted it back....sad thing is, she got aressted for it, put in a zone of truth, and still talked her way out of it, with out lying lol....I love zone of truth, noone reads the fine print XD you can't lie, doesn't mean you have to say the whole truth XD

Original Gaian

Dr Ballto
SufferingPlanet

Which makes you wonder why Intimidate is based off of CHA and not something like STR or CON.

They give you bonuses for being Charismatic,
(which I understand cause that's how they represent saying things like "I'm gonna cut off your wang and make you choke on it you ear ******** knob gobler!" or similar threat)
Yet they give you negatives if your NOT the big tough guy.
To which it's a rare case that the guy who is the big mean scary look'n mutha, is also the one with the high CHA.

Which is why I still think Intimidate should use both STR and CHA,
Depending on how you intimidate.
If you intimidate by popping your knuckles and towering over someone, then it's STR based.
If you intimidate by use of "colorful words" then it's CHA based.

I'm pretty sure that most DM's do this anyway...
But that's how it should be written in the books.

Clearly you've never heard of Captain James Tiberius Kirk.
He has max ranks in Bluffplominate. That requires stats of YES.

Vicious Knight

13,050 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100
Ballto, I think it's the Pathfinder corebook(Don't quote me on that) that carries a feat that allows you to substitute your STR for CHA concerning intimidate.

Magical Lunatic

Syn Vinarel
re-bump?
CROOKEDMAYHEM
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

HAHAHAHAHAHa
CROOKEDMAYHEM
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Dang it! I tried to quote and found out i was PMing instead ><

I was saying I wanted the assassins picture within the poster.

User Image

Story?

My character is the artificer in the party and is Chaotic Neutral. As such, he views most of the party except for one rogue, as his test subjects. (The rogue recently got promoted to assistant.)

Well, there isn't any clerics, and due to the Chaotic Potion system, I can make potions on the fly, but the hardly ever do what we want them to do. So, I'm always making potions and trying to set them up properly, only to fail every time.

I've yet to get my alchemist lab really set up, other than a portable kit I carry with me. So I've tried to figure out ways to go around things that come up, such as over producing the potion so i have a larger batch, or using the same ingredients twice.
Come on, i know you have more

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces