Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dark-oneechan
MyNameIsKir
A m b i e n
MyNameIsKir
I judge competitive and play casual. Standard is my game. Hi! I'm Miss Timmy.

Sweet. You judge? Standard is my game as well, just getting into modern a bit well, both formats are great if not a bit spendy.

Standard is a lot easier to get into cash wise than any other format. I can't afford modern at all, but I want to get into modern and legacy, in that order. What decks are you currently running in standard?

Standard MAY be the easiest format to get into cash wise. However the problem with standard is you are essentially having to buy all the new deck parts at premium release rates every 3 months.

(unless you are hellishly good at playing and win loads of crap and trade well..... When you can lower your costs)

However if you do play standard for about 5 years.... Unless you start regularly winning the big prize events regularly, you get into the overall spend range where it would have been cheaper to say..... Buy a fully powered blue vintage deck.

I get booster boxes regularly from judging tournaments. Does that count?

Feline Vampire

I run draft, standard, and legacy. I also play EDH.

Gracious Grabber

MyNameIsKir
I get booster boxes regularly from judging tournaments. Does that count?

That'd certainly go a ways to offsetting costs of standard.

Timid Vampire

I just bought a box of Return to Ravnica.

NO JACE.

crying

Timid Vampire

MyNameIsKir
A m b i e n
MyNameIsKir

Sweet. You judge? Standard is my game as well, just getting into modern a bit well, both formats are great if not a bit spendy.

Standard is a lot easier to get into cash wise than any other format. I can't afford modern at all, but I want to get into modern and legacy, in that order. What decks are you currently running in standard?

I have a black/white midrange, mono red devotion with a splash of white, simic evolve, black/green/white, a subpar izzet and I just built a 5 color deck which is lame. The first three, four decks are pretty good.
A m b i e n
MyNameIsKir
A m b i e n
MyNameIsKir

I have a black/white midrange, mono red devotion with a splash of white, simic evolve, black/green/white, a subpar izzet and I just built a 5 color deck which is lame. The first three, four decks are pretty good.

White seems to be in everything. I'm running monnoblue but working on a 5 color deck at the moment.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff