Welcome to Gaia! ::

Girl-Crazy Grabber

It was confirmed at PAX that the fall set (code named Hook) is Return to Ravnica. Let the celebrating commence.

Shirtless Codger

... WHAAAAAAAAAAAATTT?!

I feel like I'mma be pretty broke when that roles around. Guess we won't be seeing Dack until then.

Fashionable Raider

6,925 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
i there niv in the picture, if they give us a reprint of him, all anyones going to do is play niv and curiosity with like ponder, think twice and faithless lootings

Girl-Crazy Grabber

Doomblade guy says if your worried about Niv/curiosity "you aren't playing enough Doomblades"
I am very happy to hear about this and look forward to seeing what has happened with Ravnica and the guilds since our last visit.

I am going to love getting my hands on some new B/W cards.

Business Guildsman

8,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
I loved the Ravnica block. Definitely one of my favorites of all time, it's right up there with Kamigawa.

Girl-Crazy Grabber

Rav was one of the best standard formats IMO, the deck diversity was epic, the flavor was awesome. Multicolor as a theme was spot on. I've said many times if a standard season ever sucks they should just reprint rav in its entirety and they fix a bad format.

Tipsy Loiterer

So can we practically confirm shock land reprints now?

Girl-Crazy Grabber

Hopefully we get the shocks, bob, life from the loam, karoos, signets, hybrid mana, helix, mortify. putrefy, cards with transmute, cards with dredge, cards with blood thirst.... See I think they should just reprint the whole block XD.
Emrakul
Hopefully we get the shocks, bob, life from the loam, karoos, signets, hybrid mana, helix, mortify. putrefy, cards with transmute, cards with dredge, cards with blood thirst.... See I think they should just reprint the whole block XD.
Lawl, Bob is the best creature in Magic. I'm not sure if they'd reprint 'im...

Greedy Grabber

Any talk about the fluff? Ravnica was the last block I actually enjoyed the story in. If I recall, at the block's conclusion, Szadek is a ghost vampire running around the dissolved, guildless city and Argus Kos is the only one man enough to catch him? Am I remembering that right? Because if that's still how it is, this is gonna be pretty friggin neato. I haven't kept up with the story since, so I don't understand the picture of Jace next to Niv-Mizzet

Liberal Voter

User Image

Really?

So, will we see Ral Zarek?

Dangerous Prophet

6,250 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
We probably won't get too many ravnica reprints at all. For one, the flavor would be off, since the guilds have been dissolved. Two, it is a bad marketing pitch to say "buy packs full of cards you already own." Three, look to scars, having what, nine reprints? It's lazy set design.

If anything, we might get shocks, although, those could just as likely be in M13, or not at all. No duals have ever been reprinted outside a core set/ promotional product, with the exception of graven cairn to my knowledge.

Hell, multicolor isn't even a guarantee. While scars brought back artifacts, it was because mirrodin itself is a chunk of metal covered in metallic creatures created by an artifact creature. Ravnica was multicolor because of the guilds, which are no longer magically engrained within the plane.

At this point, we simply do not know enough about what will be in the set, other than likely some sort of niv-mizzet and some sort of jace.

Shameless Sage

12,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
I loved the Ravnica setting back in the day, so hearing there will be a return visit made my night! I hope it will be awesome.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff