< 1 2 3

DracoObscura
Daicon
Wydda
Dungeons and Dragons is evil...
-Andrew

Couldn't agree with you more. Game made by Satan, we're all going to hell. xd

Aside from that, you gotta love it.

What do you mean "aside from that"? Isn't that WHY you love it? Because it strengthens your bond with the Dark Master?

dude..are you sure we're playing the same game, Draco? wink
ZakiyaKamira
Ia there anyone in here that could answer a few questions I have about D and D, we had a game tonight and I leveled up and totally confused about how to calculate some of the totals...heh, I havent really ever played this before and I would ask my DM but hes not on at the moment, so I was searching for someone to help me....

Sure, ask away.

What would you like to know?
faradaysdisciple
apimpedkitty
...and best of all... endless battles!! ....

So while I do enjoy D&D I am one of those freaks who plays a Role Playing game to Role Play. Thus never picking up the dice would make me much happier than endless battles. Hence why I often don't play D&D.

I agree 99%! The 1% that I disagree is that I still play D&D quite often. What I like about the system is that you can do anything with it.

The thing that I hate the most is that many use it as a batlle system only. I mean... hello? Roll the dice until the monsters (or your char) are deas? Where's the fun in that?

Hilarious Sage

x~Berserker~x
faradaysdisciple
apimpedkitty
...and best of all... endless battles!! ....

So while I do enjoy D&D I am one of those freaks who plays a Role Playing game to Role Play. Thus never picking up the dice would make me much happier than endless battles. Hence why I often don't play D&D.

I agree 99%! The 1% that I disagree is that I still play D&D quite often. What I like about the system is that you can do anything with it.

The thing that I hate the most is that many use it as a batlle system only. I mean... hello? Roll the dice until the monsters (or your char) are deas? Where's the fun in that?

D&D is fun, and i really like it. to adress what faradaysdisciple said about pure RPing, is just the talking part, isn't completely true. when i think of role playing, i think about experienceing wat it is like to be someone else, es a good game should have talking and playing out how your character would act, which really i think is closer to acting, but a lot of the fun is smashing in the head of an orc.

as to adress the second part, it is the DM's decision to use RPing in a battle, and it can be done, but if you think about it, how much real talking is going on during the heat of a melee battle, i would think near to none, and i doubt that anyone here would have any experience in this area
Vorastrix

D&D is fun, and i really like it. to adress what faradaysdisciple said about pure RPing, is just the talking part, isn't completely true. when i think of role playing, i think about experienceing wat it is like to be someone else, es a good game should have talking and playing out how your character would act, which really i think is closer to acting, but a lot of the fun is smashing in the head of an orc.

A very valid point here. What I said didn't come off the way I wanted it to. I do like d20 it's a fine system. You can role play with it (I have many times). Fantasy role play is almost always going to involve combat at some point. My point really was more not that you can't role play with the systems, just that very few people actually do role play with it. I have been in a few dozen d20 based games and better than half of them really devolved into endless combats. Where as when I've played other systems the tendancy has been to deal mainly with role play and have combat more as a side note or flavor thing. I hope this better explains what was going on in my head.
two thing's I've learned...
1. Play a race and class you feel that you can accurately portray...*I was never a good bard, kept wanting to go in and act like the fighter*
2. Work WITH the group, not against...working against the group is the perfect way to kill everyone off and spend ungodly amounts of time rolling up new characters with the same personality, try to stick with one ok?
Peddy
Don't take Wydda seriously, Amra. He's from Bizarro world.

It is unpleasant to see you tomorrow!

I am arent I? I get bored and then it is fun to play dumb. ^^
-Andrew
Empress_HItomi
1. Play a race and class you feel that you can accurately portray...*I was never a good bard, kept wanting to go in and act like the fighter*

Quoted for emphasis.

Yes! Absolutly! When you play a character actually try to get inside that character's head. 3nodding
Peddy
Empress_HItomi

Quoted for emphasis.

Yes! Absolutly! When you play a character actually try to get inside that character's head. 3nodding

I recently discovered that with myself as well.

My Rogue char died and then I made a fighter barbarian. My skills are so, low and useless. ^^" I miss playing the rogue.

*le sigh*
-Andrew

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas