Yes, it's friggin awesomesauce! 0.41666666666667 41.7% [ 5 ]
I like Pie :I 0.33333333333333 33.3% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 12 ]

Fashionable Lunatic

11,350 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Jack-pot 100
Hello. I would very much like to get into D&D i have lots of friends who play it but they are no longer living near me and they all play together online. I would like to learn but since they are at times bastards they refuse to teach me because they simply don't want to take the time. I would like three things to happen on this thread.

1. I would like to learn about D&D and even with the help of someone experienced create my own character.

2. Play in an actual game of D&D.

3. Make some new friends who don't mind showing a total newb the ropes.

I thank you and appreciate any and all assistance.

Please quote for a quick response.

lsaaxor's Significant Otter

Brigade Leader

creed luciendar

Mike, help this man.

Fashionable Lunatic

11,350 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Jack-pot 100
Deus F
creed luciendar

Mike, help this man.

0w0 Hey again XD

lsaaxor's Significant Otter

Brigade Leader

Bloodhyde
Deus F
creed luciendar

Mike, help this man.

0w0 Hey again XD

A CORNERED FOX...

I saw you needed D&D help, so I'm calling the man who has pretty much broken D&D

...IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL

Fashionable Lunatic

11,350 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Jack-pot 100
Deus F

Thank you. I suppose that is a very good thing X3

Dangerous Prophet

10,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Bloodhyde

Hello .3. Seems Frost already introduced you to me ^^ I am Mike. it is a pleasure. If you have a skype I can tell you all about it xD You play 3.5 correct?

Fashionable Lunatic

11,350 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Jack-pot 100
Creed Luciendar
Bloodhyde

Hello .3. Seems Frost already introduced you to me ^^ I am Mike. it is a pleasure. If you have a skype I can tell you all about it xD You play 3.5 correct?

Unfortunately i do not currently have skype. and I have never played D&D Ever so i don't even know what 3.5 means right now XD

Fashionable Lunatic

11,350 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Jack-pot 100
Creed Luciendar

I would also like for this thread to sort of serve as a guide for people who have never played to get into how to play. X3 So by helping myself i can help several others in the same boat as myself.

Dangerous Prophet

10,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Bloodhyde
Creed Luciendar

I would also like for this thread to sort of serve as a guide for people who have never played to get into how to play. X3 So by helping myself i can help several others in the same boat as myself.

Well every D&D system is a D20 system, which means you roll a 20 sided die to determine most things such as to-hit and skill checks. I, on the other hand, will teach you of D&D 3.5e. You have your base stats of course which can range anywhere from 3 to 18. The typical way to roll ability stats is to roll four 8 sided dice and drop the lowest. The 6 ability stats are strength, dexterity, constitution, intelligence, wisdom, and charisma. You can guess what these all mean. Each ability has an ability modifier which is calculated by subtracting the ability score by 10, dropping it to closest even number, and dividing it by two. This does mean you can have a negative modifier. Every level you roll whatever your class hit die is (Aka: rogue d6, fighter d10, barbarian d12 etc) and add your constitution modifier. You can get skill points determined by your class. The ranks you can put into skills is your level +3. You also get feats 1st, 3rd, 6th, and every 3rd level after.

So to recap. Say you were a level 3 rogue and level 2 warrior, your HP would be 3d6+2d10+con*5 and skill points equal to (26+int)*8

User ImageUser Image

Fashionable Lunatic

11,350 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Jack-pot 100
Creed Luciendar
Bloodhyde
Creed Luciendar

Well every D&D system is a D20 system, which means you roll a 20 sided die to determine most things such as to-hit and skill checks. I, on the other hand, will teach you of D&D 3.5e. You have your base stats of course which can range anywhere from 3 to 18. The typical way to roll ability stats is to roll four 8 sided dice and drop the lowest. The 6 ability stats are strength, dexterity, constitution, intelligence, wisdom, and charisma. You can guess what these all mean. Each ability has an ability modifier which is calculated by subtracting the ability score by 10, dropping it to closest even number, and dividing it by two. This does mean you can have a negative modifier. Every level you roll whatever your class hit die is (Aka: rogue d6, fighter d10, barbarian d12 etc) and add your constitution modifier. You can get skill points determined by your class. The ranks you can put into skills is your level +3. You also get feats 1st, 3rd, 6th, and every 3rd level after.

So to recap. Say you were a level 3 rogue and level 2 warrior, your HP would be 3d6+2d10+con*5 and skill points equal to (26+int)*8

User ImageUser Image

...ok i didn't understand any of that. I think i'm done with D&D XD thought it would be a little simplier XD it has turned out to not be as simple as i was led to beleive. lots of math that i simply do not have the patience nor fortitude to understand. i shall resign from this endeavor and simply stick to MMO's Like Tera or Archeage XD i thank you for explaining that much to mme even though i cannot understand even a bit of it. I get the dice rolls and such but simplicity is not an element. I think i'll actually try to invent my own. Ooooooh Idea......heheheh My own tabletop D&D-esque RPG Hmmn Hmmn....I shall put further thought into this. you have indeed helped me greatly.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff