Welcome to Gaia! ::

Personally, Dark beginning was pushing it, but now they come out with dark revelations with almost every card from magicians force and invasion of chaos as well as several others for a possable total of of over 250 different cards possalbe. Now granted magicians force has dissapeared completely and I, using an incomplete spellcaster deck, will have much use for it but I ask, why? Why must they depreciate the value of originals, just to make it easier for annoying noobs at dueling to get all the good cards the rest of us veterans have? How the hell is that fair?! It's getting ridiculous especially by decreasing the rarity of them. They've already gone too far with remaking cards easier to get starting with the rise of destiny special edition boxes. Then came DB and now DR, I'm sick and tired of it, how bout you guys?
dude you are completely right i have been playing since the legend of blues eyes expansion
I may not have been playing long, but I still agree with you. I like that struggle to get cards. That's kind of what makes it fun...minus the money. xd 3nodding I started to actually play when Magician's Force was released.
I've been playing since Metal Raiders.

DB/DR makes me sick/poor.
Well, I'm a veteran of the game too, but I like the reprints. They offer more cards (per pack) and allow me to better complete my collection of the earlier sets. I've been buying boxes of card sets since Dark Crisis, but I'm lacking when it comes to the earlier sets (before pharonic guardian). And I have been collecting since Blue-Eyes.
Well you'll just have to get used to it. There's still DB2 and DR2 yet to be released. For those of you who have been playing since the beginning of the game, these reprint sets are not made with you in mind. With a large amount of people starting to play Yu-Gi-Oh! all of a sudden, the newer players have been complaining that they don't have access to cards that the original players do. Therefore, the reprint sets were made for them.
Well hey, this could be good for SOME people. Maybe Mechanical Chasers will become easier to get for those machine enthusiasts out there.
What you guys are saying is relevant and I fully understand it, however the newer duelists can get the cards, they just have to try harder. The newer duelists are mostly under twelve and are whiney cranky little kids with no real respect for the game. Not to say all of them are like that but I find that the majority are. They want all the cards we do and don't want to go through the work we did. Right now there are two main generations of duelists and the regs and vets in this forum are the old men so as Orion says, we will just have to get used to it but it doesn't mean we can't think of something to fix it. Come up with some kind of solution that will still seperate the kids from the men among the duelist ranks beside just sheer skill.

4,800 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
I've been playing since the beginning and I don't mind the newer sets. Most of the cards from the newer non-reprint sets are useless in my decks, so the reprint sets are giving me a chance to get the cards I need to fix my decks.

I never put out a lot of money for cards anyway... I trade for my single cards. I think the most I've ever spent on a single card was $10 for RDS Dark Magician Girl.

(edited to fix my set mistake... DMG comes in Rise of Destiny, not Invasion of Chaos, MORON.)
I've been playing since the beginning, and I have to say that it doesn't bother me any. I'll be glad to get my hands on things like Mechanical Chaser, Morphing Jar, even a common Yata, not to mention new toon cards.

Frankly, I feel insulted by the people that talk about new players. I'm a level one judge, and I see it everytime there's a tourny held. Allot of the "experienced" players always complain that something can't be done, while the new player says it can. That's what judges are for.

But, the whole idea for Dark Revalations and Dark Beginings is just that. It's to bring new players to the game, and to give the old ones the chance to get cards they normaly wouldn't get, like Cyber Stein. ((Hopefully..)) So what if reprints of the cards come out? My full Magician's Force set is still going for $125-200. My Needle Worm is still going for $125 in some places. It doesn't matter that it gets reprinted, after all, it's just a game.
Lord l)arkwolf
Personally, Dark beginning was pushing it, but now they come out with dark revelations with almost every card from magicians force and invasion of chaos as well as several others for a possable total of of over 250 different cards possalbe. Now granted magicians force has dissapeared completely and I, using an incomplete spellcaster deck, will have much use for it but I ask, why? Why must they depreciate the value of originals, just to make it easier for annoying noobs at dueling to get all the good cards the rest of us veterans have? How the hell is that fair?! It's getting ridiculous especially by decreasing the rarity of them. They've already gone too far with remaking cards easier to get starting with the rise of destiny special edition boxes. Then came DB and now DR, I'm sick and tired of it, how bout you guys?

Well be ready there are 2 more on there way.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff