Welcome to Gaia! ::

Loyal Lover

12,050 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
My friend is going to set up a game and I'm having trouble thinking of what kind of character I want to be. any suggestions?
Ask the GM. Seriously, they are the best person to ask because they have all the insider information. They should give you a straight answer, like, "You could be a cleric from the wealthy side of town," or "You're all going to be kinda scummy fortune seekers," and that will give you something to go on.

If instead they say something to the effect of "Create whatever, I'll make them fit," then the player characters will literally not matter in the slightest, other than being a unique Point Of View for the GM's clever shenanigans. If that's the case, and you're okay with that (I wouldn't be, but I'm a proactive player anyway), then pick a class that you think would be fun to play and roll on the 5e Basic Set's background tables [Page 33 in this PDF].

Picca Marsh's Husbando

Garbage Warlord

12,790 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
I'm Playing a fighter, then I made him a Eldritch Knight, if you ever find you're failing you attack rolls, you can just cast burning hands or something good like that and you're guaranteed to do some sort of damage. fun, fun.

Beloved Lunatic

Make a character based on a Weird Al song. Translation from kookie talk: I got nothing.
You could always play a dwarf paladin who was cast from his clan because they followed their faith more than they followed the clan duties.

Picca Marsh's Husbando

Garbage Warlord

12,790 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
Another idea, you can make a Character whos race is basically no good for the Class, but then you could be good at other things and make up for what you suck at. And then there is the possibility of multi-classing.
Panzer_Kommandant_Garr
Another idea, you can make a Character whos race is basically no good for the Class, but then you could be good at other things and make up for what you suck at. And then there is the possibility of multi-classing.
You sound like a true roleplayer heart

Picca Marsh's Husbando

Garbage Warlord

12,790 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
Hellakasha
Panzer_Kommandant_Garr

Why thank you kind sir.

The reason I thought I would make that suggestion is because in the next D&D 5e campaign my group will be playing, I will be playing a Tiefling Monk named Mordai Creed, who hails from a Temple high in his homeland. Him and the other tieflings lived there to learn tolerance and to live with an inner peace in order to always be kind. How ever a raid ransacked their temple and from then on they learned Martial Arts and how to channel Ki for self defense.

You would imagine that the temple doesn't get many donations, so Mordai has been sent out to be hired as a guard by a Merchant guild. (It's actually the one our other characters established) to keep various trading caravans safe. Here is where he will meet with our groups other Characters.
Panzer_Kommandant_Garr
Hellakasha
Panzer_Kommandant_Garr

Why thank you kind sir.

The reason I thought I would make that suggestion is because in the next D&D 5e campaign my group will be playing, I will be playing a Tiefling Monk named Mordai Creed, who hails from a Temple high in his homeland. Him and the other tieflings lived there to learn tolerance and to live with an inner peace in order to always be kind. How ever a raid ransacked their temple and from then on they learned Martial Arts and how to channel Ki for self defense.

You would imagine that the temple doesn't get many donations, so Mordai has been sent out to be hired as a guard by a Merchant guild. (It's actually the one our other characters established) to keep various trading caravans safe. Here is where he will meet with our groups other Characters.
That's an interesting backstory. I'm currently playing a 2e campaign, I'm your average human fighter, but I'm trying to play him with human flaws, and play him in a way that I get good roleplay value, but in game my guy is having a shitty time. Half-Orc paladins are also fun to play.

Cmdr_40K's Wife

Doting Darling

14,250 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hesitant Participant 100
  • Married 100
My go to class is usually Rogue and race is Tiefling.

Lonely Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Profitable 100
depends on what the rest of you're party is doing. in our game we had a barbarian, a sorcerer, a fighter/cleric, and 2 other fighters. I was one of the fighters but I changed class because we really needed more diversity in our group.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff