Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Conversationalist

So at lunch during the last few month of schools, a friend started a game with my table.
I've been sucked in since, but I have not one clue how the game works even now. XD
(Seriously, the main knowledge is that I like Paladins, and I had a good knack for getting crit rolls. LOL)

So I was wondering if any one (or any multiple of people) would mind teaching me how to play?
I'm not picky on what game (or version? Apparently there's multiple D&D versions--), so...

A note: I don't have a problem skyping/doing a voice call. c:
- But if we do talk, I ask that you please respect my gender identification.
-- (I understand you'll need to get used to it but I'm kinda irritated with people still referring to me as a she/her/etc. :c)

Thanks!
-Rolls off into the oblivion ahh--

Edit: Someone's helping me out so.. Yay! biggrin
It's really hard to explain without physically being there to show a person what to do. Each game and edition usually releases some sort of players handbook, they can be pricey (usually around 40 bucks online) but they break down the game to teach you how to play. 3nodding

Quotable Conversationalist

5,750 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Contributor 150
Aye, I play AD&D, which I suspects has vastly different rules than the Pathfinder variants.

Learned Seeker

10,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
If you're playing Pathfinder and looking for some rule support, there is the Pathfinder SRD. As a GM and as a player, I use this ALL THE TIME. It is super convenient. And if you need info on Golorian (the world that Pathfinder defaults to), there is a solid wiki for that. Also used heavily. These will help you to at least keep the costs down while you learn.

As said above, it's hard to teach the game without being there. Best way I've found to learn the game is to play it and to read the rules. A solid grasp on the rules is never a bad thing. However, if you have some specific questions, ask away. Just be as specific as you can on what edition you're playing.

Editions from latest to oldest run like this DnD Next (are they calling it 5th Edition yet?), Pathfinder, 4th Edition, D&D 3.5, D&D 3.0, AD&D 2nd, AD&D 1st, D&D, Red Box D&D. (Did I miss any? I feel like I missed one in there...) You might not know which version your'e playing, but I bet if you can describe a few books, we can collectively narrow it down.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff