Welcome to Gaia! ::

I do believe there's a good reason Forsakers haven't been revised for 3.5.
Now, I'm the first to say that I can powergame with the worst of them. I'm must also be the first to say that with some DM's, it is requisite for the players to "twink" their characters simply to stay alive. If the DM is doing things, like throwing 3 trolls at a party of 4 level 3 characters, that simply shouldn't happen accoriding to most rules sets, then the characters MUST do things that could be considered "cheesy".

On to my broken character of choice at the moment.

Goliath Barbarian lvl 12, ecl 13.
With this, if you have a single 18 put into strength at level 1, the barbarian will have 24 strength without raging. If you have chosen the goliath alternate class lvl1, then you have a different form of rage that adds +6 str, and increases your size while raging. There is also a feat that gives you an extra 2 str and con. +8 strength when raging.

32 str while raging, and able to use size gargantuan weapons two-handed. This character had 10 armor class while raging, but could deal more than 200 points of damage with a successful critical hit.
Twinking is the bane of all that is good in DnD. Unless you are just doing arena. Then the point is to twink. In an actual campaign, don't twink unless it actually makes sense with the character. Now, if you are really creative, that's not the same as twinking. Twinking is like the 15lvl barbarian with over 300 hp. Creativity is the wizard who uses craft construct and alchemy in a campaign with Renaissance tech who uses the rules for craft construct and builds a golem with a small cannon mounted on his arm. That's just funny.
Thank goodness powergaming isnt what so many have said in this thread (like "the root of all evil" wink . If that were the case then evil would always be winning and it would be very difficult to play a good character ... cause apparently only evil characters (and players) powergame to gain the upper hand ... and we all know what powergaming-made characters can do to a non-powergaming-made character. sweatdrop Of course, this might go a LONG way to explaining why it seems retail characters with a "good" stuck in on their alignment have HUGE! advantages to their evil alignment peers. That is something to think about, LOL.
Well this is what I have to say to the DM's who hate powergaimng. There is a way to keep players from becoming overly powerful and that is only let them choose from the core races and dont let them take templates. Everyone says that "oh the templates and races are so broken". Well ony let them use core races and if they can find out a way to power game without their templates or outside races more power to em I say.
Okay, I really don't like powergaming. I don't really have a problem with someone coming up with a good character that is somewhat powerful. That's not powergaming. Trying to make your character better than everyone else (which turns the game into more of a competition) is.

Many powergamers want to prove that their characters are better and will drive the game from story-based to combat-based. Often they also do little things to try to prove that they are better than everyone else.

The GM tries to compensate, but often the encounters become too dangerous for the rest of the group. Therefore, the powergamer has forced others to follow suit, making them give up creativity in their character for durability.

It's annoying to the GM, it's annoying to the other players, and it can kill a game.
Peddy
elindred
powergaming is a lot more satisfying when you develop the skill on your own.
Agreed.

Most definitely. Each power gamer tends to develop a personal style of there own.
I think you misunderstood their meaning Abaddon. They meant that having a powerful character is more fun when the character developed those skills through RP-reasons, not because some PC has a different method of min/max-ing his char.
DracoObscura
I think you misunderstood their meaning Abaddon. They meant that having a powerful character is more fun when the character developed those skills through RP-reasons, not because some PC has a different method of min/max-ing his char.
no, i mean that it's more fun to come up with your own powergaming ideas than to have someone tell you how.
Wow. I misunderstood then, and disagree with you entirely. Sorry.
I had the option for making an Epic Level character that was wack even for epic level. 1035 damage average per round. 13 Attacks. Each doing 2d6 + 2d6 holy + 2d6 elemental + 29.

Level: 26
Base stats:
STR: 41
DEX: 31
CON: 26
INT: 20
WIS: 26
CHR: 21

BAB: +20
Melee: +41/41/41/36/31/26
AC: 51
Touch: 32
Can't be FF or Surprised.

Saves:
Fort: 26
Ref.: 24
Will: 22

Pwn3d.
D&D rocks i been doing it since 1980
Attention:

"Powergaming" strategies that rely on loads of Epic level stuff are not impressive. Everyone knows epic level stuff is broken by its very nature. If your attempt at being impressive is to toss out an epic character, then you have failed. Try harder.

Thank you,
-Peddy.
Twinks?

Please tell me that means <i>tweaks</i>.

I mean, a totally different "role-playing" situation comes to mind.....

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff