Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Phantom

4,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Invisibility 100
I'm a 15 year old table top gamer the only game i play so far is magic but i DM for D&D. Im looking to expand. first off whats a good table top RPG no strategy games or card games please smile . I have heard of path finder but I haven't really seen any thing or heard stories.

also i am looking to play from now on not DM.

ALSO also where can i buy some of the books and boards or what ever i need for cheap online
the reason i say cheap is because im having trouble finding a job after school
Warhammer 40k. games workshop

Invisible Phantom

4,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Invisibility 100
dude. no. no strategy games. only tabletop for me

Questionable Rogue

8,400 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
That s a tabletop game.

You want P&P [Pen and Paper] RPGs [Role PLaying Games]

Is that it?

Things like Pathfinder? D&D, AD&D, Shadowrun, BESM, Anima, Dark Heresy, Cthulu-tech, Call of Cthulu.. etc..

Original Player

10,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
llamasAREawesome123456
ALSO also where can i buy some of the books and boards or what ever i need for cheap online
the reason i say cheap is because im having trouble finding a job after school

eBay - various sellers. very good buyer protection. rebates.

Business Guildsman

8,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
I buy everything from the variety ofgames I play off either eBay or Troll and Toad.

Invisible Phantom

4,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Invisibility 100
Toltirr
That s a tabletop game.

You want P&P [Pen and Paper] RPGs [Role PLaying Games]

Is that it?

Things like Pathfinder? D&D, AD&D, Shadowrun, BESM, Anima, Dark Heresy, Cthulu-tech, Call of Cthulu.. etc..

yea that stuff. P&P its called eh? Alright thanks!

Dark Hunter Akala"I buy everything from the variety ofgames I play off either eBay or Troll and T
lqjbpwig:1="Dark Hunter Akala"I buy everything from the variety ofgames I play off either eBay or Troll and Toad.]

thanks man. see i would thank the above person for ebay and i do but i thank you for the troll and toad

thanks again guys

Questionable Rogue

8,400 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Troll and Toad can be very pricey.
Oh sure they have a variety of things. But they are expensive.

If you have access to a Borders/Barne's and Nobles they will carry a variety f Rpg Source books. Also you can look up and maybe direct order stuff, or in the case of a few things like the older BESM download free copies.

Original Player

10,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
llamasAREawesome123456
Dark Hunter Akala
I buy everything from the variety of games I play off either eBay or Troll and Toad.
thanks man. see i would thank the above person for ebay and i do but i thank you for the troll and toad

thanks again guys

I find Troll&Toad good for modules/adventures. I find StrikeZoneOnline good for mini's. But if you're looking for books, I highly suggest using ebay.

Eloquent Streaker

OrySoup
Warhammer 40k. games workshop
That's pretty much the opposite of "cheap".

Eloquent Streaker

Honestly, for a game like DnD, you only really need the dice, and a full set will cost about $10 if you don't go for some fancy s**t. The manuals can all be downloaded and used in PDF format.

Invisible Phantom

4,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Invisibility 100
Toltirr
Troll and Toad can be very pricey.
Oh sure they have a variety of things. But they are expensive.

If you have access to a Borders/Barne's and Nobles they will carry a variety f Rpg Source books. Also you can look up and maybe direct order stuff, or in the case of a few things like the older BESM download free copies.

actually i live outside of the USA i don't have a barne's and noble's im up north EH?

but i will look and see if maybe my chapters has any books for the adventures and what not

Vicious Knight

13,050 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100
I find a good place for RPG books is DriveThruRPG.com, provided you like PDFs. I personally keep my laptop on me at all times for note-taking and book references(saves my back), so it's a great place for someone like me.

Dapper Lunatic

10,175 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Partygoer 500
Laertes Ursus
I find a good place for RPG books is DriveThruRPG.com, provided you like PDFs. I personally keep my laptop on me at all times for note-taking and book references(saves my back), so it's a great place for someone like me.

This.

There's also paizo.com for the Pathfinder stuff, though I find their website is a nightmare to navigate.
So you're just looking for RPs and card games? That's a bit disappointing, I was hoping to steer you toward looking at WARMACHINE.
Your loss, I guess.

Anyways, dice and books are cheap, you should be able to go to damn near any book store and pick up a copy or two. Finding miniatures and terrain for them are a b***h, never-mind the cost. I really don't think it's that hard to find on your own.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff