About a year ago I made the terrible decision to get into the format of Standard. Ever since I've been eagerly checking the list of cards released every couple of months, while trying to keep my deck current so I can play at my local card shops.

I used to run a white aggro deck which attempted to utilize the then new heroic mechanic. It failed miserably due to the power of the Return to Ravnica block, and my own inexperience. The new deck I have created fits more into a traditional aggro build. It consists as follows.

Creatures - 26
4x Monastery Swiftspear
4x Firedrinker Satyr
4x War-name Aspirant
4x Borderland Marauder
3x Jeering Instigator
4x Archetype of Aggression
3x Flame-Wreathed Phoenix

Spells - 8
4x Searing Blood
4x Titan's Strength

Artifacts - 3
Hammer of Purphoros

Land - 23
20x Mountain
3x Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx

The deck works quite well in theory. The Swiftspear leads the charge, while the Aspirants and Marauders back them up with more significant damage. My Phoenixes and Thunder Brutes provide extra muscle mid game, where my otherwise more frail creatures would peter out. The Instigator adds an extra level of meta game, and forces my opponents to spend a kill spell to protect their creature from being used against them.

The deck is quite light on control aspects however; Searing Blood is the only means I have to kill off enemy threats. Titan's Strength is a fun combat trick to let me knock off approximately 10 damage before turn three if all goes well. Failing that, I can use it to allow my Swiftspear to take down otherwise sturdy foes. Caryatid and Courser come to mind in this front.

My problems for Standard are predominately that I don't like spending lots of money on a format that changes every couple of months. As such, I'm not interested in the price of this deck being too high. Thirty dollars or less is the ideal, but if I can increase its potency for an extra ten, I can tolerate it.

I prefer decks which are creature focused, and extremely violent. I don't like enchantments and spells as anything more than support for my creatures, and I doubt having more than twelve in an aggro deck would be efficient anyways. Still, my experience in Magic outside of casual play is limited, and I will defer to those who know.

Thanks in advance for the assistance, I look forward to reading your replies!