Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ayen
Well, if it were me running the game, I think I would wait until I see the player base and then veto characters or talk about them on a case by case basis. Of course, right now we have no guarentee that I will be the one running this or that it will even happen. I'm testing the waters. I'm seeing what will bite.

Personally, I'd say stick to the core rulebook Kith, the weird ones in the players guide are way the hell too powerful.
SamuraiMujuru
Ayen
Well, if it were me running the game, I think I would wait until I see the player base and then veto characters or talk about them on a case by case basis. Of course, right now we have no guarentee that I will be the one running this or that it will even happen. I'm testing the waters. I'm seeing what will bite.

Personally, I'd say stick to the core rulebook Kith, the weird ones in the players guide are way the hell too powerful.

I also think that Nunnehi are insulting to anyone who knows anything about American Indian spirituality.

But ignoring that rant, no Nunnehi, Inanimae, or any other kith not found in the basic 2nd ed core book. The way I run things, I might still want to talk to players after that point. For example, I am running a game right now with a nocker, a redcap, a troll, a pooka, and a sidhe. The sidhe is sorely out of place. I ought to have asked her if she was married to that concept rather than just rolling over and letting her do it without question.
Hey I was thinking of getting into Changeling. So what books do I NEED and what books can I sort of just pass over.
Comte
Hey I was thinking of getting into Changeling. So what books do I NEED and what books can I sort of just pass over.

Well, you %100 need the core book, Changeling: The Dreaming, Second edition. Don't even bother with the first ed. You can actually run a lot of amazing stories off of that book, without needing any of the suppementary material. From there, it depends on where you want to go and what your PCs want to interact with. Since the books are so hard to come by nowadays, I would suggest looking through the core book before trying to get into anything else. I have most of the books if you have questions.
Ayen
Comte

Well, you %100 need the core book, Changeling: The Dreaming, Second edition. Don't even bother with the first ed. You can actually run a lot of amazing stories off of that book, without needing any of the suppementary material. From there, it depends on where you want to go and what your PCs want to interact with. Since the books are so hard to come by nowadays, I would suggest looking through the core book before trying to get into anything else. I have most of the books if you have questions.

Well I was going to get them over at http://www.drivethrurpg.com. I think they have all of the changling books up there for sale. Is the players guide any good? As for that matter is the gm's guide any good?

Thanks for your responce. Especialy regarding which edition I should get.
Comte
Ayen
Comte

Well I was going to get them over at http://www.drivethrurpg.com. I think they have all of the changling books up there for sale. Is the players guide any good? As for that matter is the gm's guide any good?

The player's guide is interesting for the in depth pages on kiths, for their examples of bunks, and...that's about it. They have an entire new line of kith in there focused on the Native American dreams, called the Nunnehi, but to be honest, no one really plays them and they're not terribly interesting. That's half the book. There's a quarter of it taken up with some new merits, flaws, abilities, etc. There's also a repetition of all of the merits and flaws found in the core book. I would suggest getting the kith books for the ones you want to see in depth.

As for the ST Guide, there is a great story in the front and a helpful FAQ. After that it gets into essays from various famous Changeling people on different aspects of running games. I had been running for long enough when I got this book that it wasn't terribly useful to me, but you might really enjoy it.

Fashionable Explorer

I'll definitely throw in my assistance in the name of resurrecting Changeling here on Gaia. 'Tis a noble goal, to be sure... wink
So, hypothetically, who would be interested in a game run in AIM? I just want to see head counts/ideas, etc. Please note I am not volunteering to ST said game, I just want to see interested parties.
Ayen
Comte
Ayen
Comte

The player's guide is interesting for the in depth pages on kiths, for their examples of bunks, and...that's about it. They have an entire new line of kith in there focused on the Native American dreams, called the Nunnehi, but to be honest, no one really plays them and they're not terribly interesting. That's half the book. There's a quarter of it taken up with some new merits, flaws, abilities, etc. There's also a repetition of all of the merits and flaws found in the core book. I would suggest getting the kith books for the ones you want to see in depth.

As for the ST Guide, there is a great story in the front and a helpful FAQ. After that it gets into essays from various famous Changeling people on different aspects of running games. I had been running for long enough when I got this book that it wasn't terribly useful to me, but you might really enjoy it.

Thanks alot for all your help. I've noticed that white wolf really tends to be hit or miss on just about all of thier suplimentary products for some reasons. I wonder why, they write such good core material. I mean even the mummy book, a game nobody played, has some really cool stuff in it.
I played Mummy for a little bit, but it was a long, long time ago.

The reason the supplementary books are either phenomenal or lousy is that they are generally written by die-hard fans who joined the staff. That's already one link away from the original concept. In addition, a good editor is hard to find. An analytical mind for gaming is hard to find. An editor who understands a gaming world, almost impossible to find.
Mummy. Cool idea, should never, ever, ever, ever be PCs. Waaaaay too unabalanced. "Oh, hey Mr. Methusalah! Yo, Thoth, could I see that book real quick.... anywho, what was your name again? *flip flip flip*"
Bah.
Anywho, if you're just a player, stick to core book.

I'd love to play an AIM changeling game, but I can't get on aim very often.
Just as a random word of advice WATCH out for time zones, and make sure everyone is aware of when you are playing. My aim game ended up falling apart because of the time zone thing.

Fashionable Explorer

I would be interested in giving it a go. Changeling games I've participated in tend to be one-shots, or part of a larger WoD game. It would be interesting to see what a dedicated Changeling ST could pull off.

So, yeah, there's interest.
I remain interested as well. 3nodding
I'm going to get itno a game my friend is r unning soon. i"m goign to play a japanese school girl "kitsune" aka a fox pooka. It is going to be so much fun annoying my friends with her. biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff