Welcome to Gaia! ::

I had been seeing the Trial decks at the local cardshop where I hold my Pokemon League and finally got them. After playing a bit, I found that what I liked most about the game was that is was fast and quick but still fun. If I can find a place where others play, it is good that I would be able to play a decent amount of games with different people, instead of the other TCGs where games can be up to 30-60 minutes.

But. I went to Wally-world to get some booster packs and I was very disappointed. M:TG has 15 cards, Pokemon has 10, and WoW TCG has 20. All for the same price. But Vanguard? Only five cards for ~$4. That is terrible pricing.

Are there any online booster pack vendors for cheaper, or gives good discounts for booster boxes/clump orders? With so many different clans, building a consistent deck sounds like a big money sink if you aren't purchasing specific cards.

Questionable Rogue

8,400 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
.[FoxBoy~DigiMatt].
I had been seeing the Trial decks at the local cardshop where I hold my Pokemon League and finally got them. After playing a bit, I found that what I liked most about the game was that is was fast and quick but still fun. If I can find a place where others play, it is good that I would be able to play a decent amount of games with different people, instead of the other TCGs where games can be up to 30-60 minutes.

But. I went to Wally-world to get some booster packs and I was very disappointed. M:TG has 15 cards, Pokemon has 10, and WoW TCG has 20. All for the same price. But Vanguard? Only five cards for ~$4. That is terrible pricing.

Are there any online booster pack vendors for cheaper, or gives good discounts for booster boxes/clump orders? With so many different clans, building a consistent deck sounds like a big money sink if you aren't purchasing specific cards.

Packs range 3.50 to 4.00 pretty much everywhere
Now as the game grows maybe prices will drop but it's not a huge game here yet..

True 5 cards a pack is kinda meh. .compared to others. But I'm finding there are fewer Trash cards per set compared to other games. Youo can easily trade off commons for ones you need and most decks can use every common and such in them.. until you get too many that is.
I am familiar with trash cards from Pokemon and M:TG. Alamola comes to mind. I don't know much about the game's meta yet, so when I look at any card I cannot tell right away if it is something useable for me or not. The only boosters available in my area are BT01.

Questionable Rogue

8,400 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Going thru the sets via wiki.. see op or second post.
Most all the card released so far.. can be used. There is very little to no trash cards yet. Now that may change as we get more and more stuff.. but till then.. practically everything is needed.. esp for a couple Clans. As there is not enough stuff yet to let them swap things out or have more options.
Which then brings me to my next question. What sleeves are good for Vanguard? Yugioh sized sleeves? They don't fit well with the sleeves I use for Pokemon cards.

Questionable Rogue

8,400 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
.[FoxBoy~DigiMatt].
Which then brings me to my next question. What sleeves are good for Vanguard? Yugioh sized sleeves? They don't fit well with the sleeves I use for Pokemon cards.

YGO as they are the smaller size.
Bbtoys.com has pretty spanking good prices for booster boxes. Tell me if you find them cheaper.

Aged Codger

8,725 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
.[FoxBoy~DigiMatt].
Bbtoys.com has pretty spanking good prices for booster boxes. Tell me if you find them cheaper.
Do you mean Bbtoystore.com? $79.99
Ideal808.com has them for $72.50
Pokeorder.com has them on sale for $63.99, and the regular price is $74.50

Pokeorder seems to be a rip off on shipping and charges taxes to Michigan
Bbtoystore charges tax to New Jersey and does free shipping over $49
Ideal808 uses USPS flat rate priority shipping

Amazon; $64.49 and free shipping

Aged Codger

8,725 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Questionable Rogue

8,400 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Darn it
There goes my OTT Trial deck.

Handsome Ace

21,200 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Kuro Gang 250
Cardfight!! Vanguard is so popular in Singapore. Suddenly I find myself wishing I had been born in Singapore... Nonetheless, I was thrilled when the booster packs started appearing at the local Wal-Mart. I'm playing Spike Brothers.

I basically live in the middle of nowhere, so unless I start playing online I'm really just wasting my money buying cards and constructing a deck...

Dangerous Hunter

8,275 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Generous 100
I love Vanguard! I haven't bought any cards yet but am hoping to atleast get the Kai starter deck, possibly two or three considering i've seen various Kagero build where three Dragonic Overlord is staple. I just hope I can find some people who play soon, YGO's current meta is so boring and this seems interesting and refreshing, the anime is really good too if you haven't seen it 3nodding

Dangerous Hunter

8,275 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Generous 100
pulse dragon
.[FoxBoy~DigiMatt].
Do you mean Bbtoystore.com? $79.99
Ideal808.com has them for $72.50
Pokeorder.com has them on sale for $63.99, and the regular price is $74.50

Pokeorder seems to be a rip off on shipping and charges taxes to Michigan
Bbtoystore charges tax to New Jersey and does free shipping over $49
Ideal808 uses USPS flat rate priority shipping

Amazon; $64.49 and free shipping

64.99 on Toywiz aswell 3nodding

Questionable Rogue

8,400 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Huzzah.. and oi.

So I've decided and pretty much built my Scarlet Witch Coco variant of OTT.

All good and dandy. Found a deal on 3 Chocolats as well to round it off. They'll show up middle to end of next week so pretty much the deck is done.

Yay!

>.> So what happens

I go and pull a CEO....

Argh... IF I pull more I'll have to take that as a sign to change the deck. Though if I do I'll be able to pretty much swap the deck into each variant as I'll have pretty much all needed for either one.

Though I should see about getting that fourth luck bird.

Hmm

Any ways. While annoyed with Bushiroad giving us set 6 instead of the proper set 3. Mostly cause I wanted to build Tachikaze.. [it would be surprisingly cheap to do so. I am talking a good chance under 40 or 50 dollars depending on what the 1 double rare goes for and what the 1 triple rare would be priced at. Since most of the deck. 42 other cards are mixed of mostly commons, and single rares.]

I will be getting some Granblue things from it. Though I'll miss out on Megacolony stuff.

Oh well. So gaming this weekend likely put off due to YGO and Magic Sneaks and such drawing in the crowds. There's only about a dozen of us locally at the moment who play Vanguard. I am hoping it grows as the game gets going here.
Toltirr
Huzzah.. and oi.

So I've decided and pretty much built my Scarlet Witch Coco variant of OTT.

All good and dandy. Found a deal on 3 Chocolats as well to round it off. They'll show up middle to end of next week so pretty much the deck is done.

Yay!

>.> So what happens

I go and pull a CEO....

Argh... IF I pull more I'll have to take that as a sign to change the deck. Though if I do I'll be able to pretty much swap the deck into each variant as I'll have pretty much all needed for either one.

Though I should see about getting that fourth luck bird.

Hmm

Any ways. While annoyed with Bushiroad giving us set 6 instead of the proper set 3. Mostly cause I wanted to build Tachikaze.. [it would be surprisingly cheap to do so. I am talking a good chance under 40 or 50 dollars depending on what the 1 double rare goes for and what the 1 triple rare would be priced at. Since most of the deck. 42 other cards are mixed of mostly commons, and single rares.]

I will be getting some Granblue things from it. Though I'll miss out on Megacolony stuff.

Oh well. So gaming this weekend likely put off due to YGO and Magic Sneaks and such drawing in the crowds. There's only about a dozen of us locally at the moment who play Vanguard. I am hoping it grows as the game gets going here.

My pally deck is not up and running yet until I get more Blaster Blades and Alfred in the deck along with the Grade 3 from the second set....I wanted to do a Shadow Paladin deck when they come over.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff