Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ruthless Gaian

12,850 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Hey guys,

So yesterday I went to the card shop to sell my Yu-gi-oh cards. They got my: Left Leg of the Forbidden One, Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon, Mind Control, Silent Swordsman Lv. 7 and I forgot the other one. All 5 cards I had gotten $6.

I do understand that they're a vendor and need to make profit, but I dunno where to sell my cards. I mean, ebay is practically the same thing if I auctioned it there. I saw someone auctioning the left leg and it was at $1 with one bid.

Who knows where to sell the cards besides Ebay or Amazon?

Questionable Rogue

8,400 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
F_Moon
Hey guys,

So yesterday I went to the card shop to sell my Yu-gi-oh cards. They got my: Left Leg of the Forbidden One, Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon, Mind Control, Silent Swordsman Lv. 7 and I forgot the other one. All 5 cards I had gotten $6.

I do understand that they're a vendor and need to make profit, but I dunno where to sell my cards. I mean, ebay is practically the same thing if I auctioned it there. I saw someone auctioning the left leg and it was at $1 with one bid.

Things to do when selling:

Find out the value of your cards:

EBay
Look up -completed listings/ Buy It Now- of cards. This is what people are actually paying for them.

Making sure you take in account which version/printing it is. As prices vary.

Amazon, Troll and Toad, TCGplayer are all other sites that you can purchase/sell thru or too. But you'll need to take a good look at what you have. As well as the conditions of the cards.

Alternatively you can see if you can sell things to local players. Most likely just a bit below full value, or if the collection you have is mostly bulk/junk.. make a Lot for sale to get some funds off it. Unfortunately YGO doesn't keep value for a lot of older cards. And many cards were effectively valueless junk. [In comparison to other games where older cards can keep and increase in value easily].

Of course this is all dependent on what you are aiming to do. As well as the condition of the cards. Beaten up, worn cards will barely be worth the full value.
o-o i'm surprised you actually gotten as much as 6$ for those

Ruthless Gaian

12,850 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Angelic Clover

Really? Why's that?

Ruthless Gaian

12,850 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Toltirr
F_Moon
Hey guys,

EBay
Look up -completed listings/ Buy It Now- of cards. This is what people are actually paying for them.

Amazon, Troll and Toad, TCGplayer are all other sites that you can purchase/sell thru or too. But you'll need to take a good look at what you have. As well as the conditions of the cards.

Alternatively you can see if you can sell things to local players. Most likely just a bit below full value, or if the collection you have is mostly bulk/junk.. make a Lot for sale to get some funds off it. Unfortunately YGO doesn't keep value for a lot of older cards. And many cards were effectively valueless junk. [In comparison to other games where older cards can keep and increase in value easily].

Of course this is all dependent on what you are aiming to do. As well as the condition of the cards. Beaten up, worn cards will barely be worth the full value.

Actually my cards have been kept in binders and are mint condition and well taken care of. If you see a beat up card in my collection, I probably gotten it from a friend :w:

Questionable Rogue

8,400 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
F_Moon
Toltirr
F_Moon
Hey guys,

EBay

Actually my cards have been kept in binders and are mint condition and well taken care of. If you see a beat up card in my collection, I probably gotten it from a friend :w:

In that case you should be able to get a decent value out of them. Though it will depend on where you're selling them too.

Ruthless Gaian

12,850 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Toltirr
F_Moon
Toltirr
F_Moon
Hey guys,

EBay

In that case you should be able to get a decent value out of them. Though it will depend on where you're selling them too.

Yea, my friend thinks I got ripped off but I was looking at ebay and they were auctioning the same cards as I am about the price I got...
F_Moon
Angelic Clover

Really? Why's that?
because those care are't worth more than a dollar each sweatdrop

Ruthless Gaian

12,850 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Angelic Clover
F_Moon
Angelic Clover

Really? Why's that?

Even though they were holo's? :w:
F_Moon
Angelic Clover
F_Moon
Angelic Clover

Really? Why's that?

not all shiny cards are worth money, and not all commons are worthless, like others says your best bet is to check the value of your card online before you sell. keep in mind that the set your card came in also effects the price

Ruthless Gaian

12,850 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Angelic Clover
F_Moon
Angelic Clover
F_Moon
Angelic Clover

Really? Why's that?

not all shiny cards are worth money, and not all commons are worthless, like others says your best bet is to check the value of your card online before you sell. keep in mind that the set your card came in also effects the price

I did checked on ebay... there were auctioning it off @ $1 :/

I was happy with my $6

Questionable Rogue

8,400 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
F_Moon
Angelic Clover
F_Moon
Angelic Clover
F_Moon
Angelic Clover

Really? Why's that?

I was happy with my $6

Auctioning at 1? Was that starting bid.. or BUY It Now...

If starting bid that just means that isn't the value.
If it's Buy It Now.. thats more likely the value of the card.

When price checking with Ebay.. don;t look at active auctions. Look at CLOSED auctions and Buy It Now prices.

Ruthless Gaian

12,850 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Toltirr
F_Moon
Angelic Clover
F_Moon
Angelic Clover

I was happy with my $6

Auctioning at 1? Was that starting bid.. or BUY It Now...

When price checking with Ebay.. don;t look at active auctions. Look at CLOSED auctions and Buy It Now prices.

only problem is that it varies... :/

Original Player

10,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Toltirr
Was that starting bid.. or BUY It Now...

So much wrong.

When determining a value of a card online, check ebay closed auctions for actual sales (pay attention to the green ones; red didn't sell). Do like a scroll down and take an snap shot in your head of the medium/average of those.

BINs (buy it now) generally are above actual sell prices. When you see them, you need to realize that these are the prices that don't sell or someone would have done so already. Use them as your "High" value. ie if you were going to take advantage of someone's ignorance. Auctions fall under the "Low" value. ie super competitive friendly pricing.

Questionable Rogue

8,400 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Liquidor
Toltirr
Was that starting bid.. or BUY It Now...

So much wrong.

When determining a value of a card online, check ebay closed auctions for actual sales (pay attention to the green ones; red didn't sell). Do like a scroll down and take an snap shot in your head of the medium/average of those.

BINs (buy it now) generally are above actual sell prices. When you see them, you need to realize that these are the prices that don't sell or someone would have done so already. Use them as your "High" value. ie if you were going to take advantage of someone's ignorance. Auctions fall under the "Low" value. ie super competitive friendly pricing.

This.. since I wasn't as clear as I could be.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff