Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mythical Rare

Looking over my current build, I found 5 S/T that needed replacing. 2 weren't a problem to figure out with Black Whirlwind coming back to 3, and beyond that, I decided to ramp up the S/T kill a little to make up for the loss of Heavy Storm.

The only thing I haven't been able to do is come up with one of my usual corny nicknames. Thanks to Toltirr for the inspiration.

-=MURDERBEAKS=-

-MONSTERS-
-20-
Blackwing - Mistral the Silver Shield x2
Blackwing - Blizzard the Far North x3
Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind
Blackwing - Ghibli the Searing Wind x3
Blackwing - Kalut the Moon Shadow x3
Blackwing - Zephyros the Elite
Blackwing - Bora the Spear x3
Blackwing - Shura the Blue Flame x3
Dark Armed Dragon

-SPELLS-
-12-
Dark Hole
Mystical Space Typhoon x3
Mind Control
Black Whirlwind x3
Pot of Duality
Dark Eruption x2
Allure of Darkness

-TRAPS-
-8-
Delta Crow - Anti Reverse x2
Icarus Attack x3
Dimension Prison x2
Solemn Warning

-EXTRA-
-15-

Number 66: Master Key Beetle
Wind-Up Zenmaines

Crimson Blader
Scrap Dragon
Black-Winged Dragon
Stardust Dragon
Black Rose Dragon
Blackwing Armor Master x2
Blackwing Armed Wing x3
Blackwing - Gram the Shining Star
T.G. Hyper Librarian
Ally of Justice Catastor

-HO HO HO HO HO...-

Ghibli has proven to be a very useful bit of tech for me, serving as a searchable, tech-compatible alternate for Battle Fader; while it doesn't stop the Battle Phase, it's searchable with Black Whirlwind (even if I summon, doesn't auto-banish itself, fuels Icarus Attack, and, through its ATK/DEF swap effect, can win the game.

Delta Crow seemed the most reasonable substitute for Heavy Storm in this build, and the fact that, with 3 BWs on the field, it can hold an opponent off from setting much in their backrow during their End Phase...or make them pay for it if they don't think I've got it in hand.

Questionable Rogue

8,400 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Murder of Crows Wil?

Mythical Rare

Actually, that gives me a better idea: Murderbeaks.

(It's an inside joke/meme in regards to Hatoful Boyfriend and seemed appropriate, given that said game is the reason I started playing Blackwings in the first place.)

Also, made a small switch to the Extra Deck: with Macro getting hammered, Angel of Zera seems less useful. So, between theme, Gagaga Cowboy, and Zephyros, I opted to replace it with Black-Winged Dragon instead.

Profitable Prophet

What about Zerofyne?

Coming out of playing Harpies, that card is excellent when they've overextended and can help turn games around.

It also gets over almost anything the game can throw at you since there'll most always be at least 2 cards face-up on the field.

Plus, y'know, it's bird-related.

Mythical Rare

The only issue I've run into with that is...wait, lemme double-check before I say something...

*thumbs through spares folder real quick*

Yep...only issue I've run into with that is that I don't have a Zerofyne, and that nobody at my locals seems to have one for trade. :[

Profitable Prophet

Well, I'm deconstructing my Harpie deck. If you need one, then I'd send you mine.

Questionable Rogue

8,400 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Haven't taken a look at the list for Sept.

So not sure if it's usable.

But a bit of old tech I use to run in Blackwings was Ceasefire. Due to how easy it was to have 2+k on the field on my side alone. Not even including whatever they managed to SS out or have.
Ah so this is a local deck? I see. Anyway whenever you get access to these cards I'd say swap out

-2 Mistral The Silver Shield(You can easily replace this with Waboku if you want that effect. The fact that Mistral can't special summon itself hurts)

-3 Blackwing - Ghibli the Searing Wind(Like you said it can be a good tech card but overall it's not really that good either. If you have to then side an extra one or two)

-1 Pot of Duality(Draw power is nice but since you'll be doing your special summoning on your turn this card will hurt you.

+2 Blackwing - Gladius the Midnight Sun(Can special summon itself easily and can be used as a staller if need be too)

+2 Blackwing - Sirocco the Dawn(Easy to summon, good effect, and it also gives you access to an easy LV8 Synchro summon)

+2 Blackwing - Breeze the Zephyr(Search it out either via Black Whirlwind or Dark Eruption to special summon it easily.)

+1 Blackwing - Vayu the Emblem of Honor(Can save your butt late game. Combos well with Shura's effect)

For your extra deck I'd say throw in some generic synchros/xyzs in case you have to use Mind Control on your opponent.

-1 Master Key Beetle

-1 Wind-Up Zenmaines

-1 Black-Winged Dragon

- 1 Blackwing - Gram the Silver Star

- 1 Blackwing - Armed Wing

+ Ice Beast Zerofyne

+1 Utopia

+1 Gaia Knight the Force of the Earth

+1 Scrap Archfiend

+1 Leviathan Dragon

Hilarious Raider

11,500 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
I like the deck build. Although you might want to think about putting a Utopia in, Maybe a Waboku or two. Other than that, the deck looks good. But you don't have to take anyone's advice. Build the deck the way you want it, after all it is your deck. Have a good day. biggrin
I agree with some things CrunchyBerry said. I don't see why you're not playing Sirocco. I also don't see how Dark Armed Dragon would be an effective utility when the chances of making the number in your Graveyard aren't there when Vayu isn't seen anywhere.

There's some I don't really agree with, either, but let's not spend all my post going through another's recommendations. Though I'm all too familiar as to how keen you are staying in theme of a deck idea, that much of what I would suggest would feel too... generic.

Still, here it is:

Breeze and Gladius are great suggestions for making the deck hammer out Rank 3s, Without any Blackwing Xyz however, to make room you'd more likely be making room through losing Kalut, and possibly Blizzard also.

Effect Veiler is everyone's favorite utility.

Zephyros doesn't really belong in a Blackwing deck.

Three Mystical Space Typhoon with your Trap lineup is a little overwhelming, in my opinion.

Mind Control, as I can determine, is pretty underwhelming in the face of Xyz.

Where is Book of Moon. Where.

Pot of Duality? Add one. You were given a Godsend with Black Whirlwind back, so you may lose a Special Summon, but get that card from your deck as effectively as you can.

You have three Blizzard, one Dark Eruption would be enough I believe, if any.

Delta Crow to you. To others, Malevolent Catastrophe. I think it'll be Trap Stun to ace the field with the support of Mystical Space Typhoon. I would remove one, and add a Trap Stun.

Compulsory Evacuation Device is far more effective than Dimensional Prison, at three, one, or whatever.

Torrential Tribute was a staple at one before, why not again?

Depending on what happens this format, I would consider a Starlight Road still. Field wipes still exist, plays that get rid of two or more cards at a time still exist, even if they're your own.

I'm a little upset to not see Vortex the Whirlwind in here as a Synchro opportunity. It could substitute T.G. Hyper Librarian, who is really only complemented by Formula Synchron.

GRAM. Y U NO VAYU.

I don't think Black-Winged Dragon should be here. That and Master Key Beetle could both be substituted for some better Rank 3s, and Leviathan Dragon still seems to be up there as a choice.

You could also use a Rank 4 because of Bora, say, Steelswarm Roach or something. I haven't caught up on my Xyz yet.

That's it. For now. I think.

Last note, I think you missed a Darkwing Duck opportunity.

Questionable Rogue

8,400 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
The Terror that Flaps in the night?

Mythical Rare

I have less interest in naming my deck after a goofball superhero than I do a homicidal chukar partridge. Besides, like I said, it's pertinent to the reason I started using the deck.

Also, I'm well aware that I can run Rank 4s in here, seeing as Number 66 (and the Zerofyne I'd like to replace it with but don't have) is one. :b

Beyond that, I'll take a look at your other suggestions and see what I decide on.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff