Welcome to Gaia! ::

I like how it single handedly wraths away all tokens...

Mythical Rare

And yet another card is revealed: Pillar of Flame.

Incinerate's exiling tacked onto Shock. Ummm...yay?
Willexia Rennar
And yet another card is revealed: Pillar of Flame.

Incinerate's exiling tacked onto Shock. Ummm...yay?
i actually found the card funny. Reason being, there is nothing in standard that for 2 damage to be lethal, that people would want to recur. i mean yeah it kills delver, but what else?

Girl-Crazy Grabber

Strangle-root geist, Geralf's messenger and gravecrawler would all like some words with you.(Also most small creatures with undying). (So would mana dorks and tons of dudes in any deck wanting to attack for 2 a lot.)

Mythical Rare

Extended might like seeing that to deal with Bloodghasts and, with a little extra oomph, Vengevines.

Mythical Rare

Think I'm seeing something here, but I'm drawing a blank on how to finish it out.

Tamiyo's emblem + Inexorable Tide + Pentad Prism.

Burn a counter off the Prism for a cheap spell, proliferate the counter back on through Tide, recover the cheap spell with emblem.

Virulent Wound/Shock for game?

Dedcadent Pants

Willexia Rennar
Think I'm seeing something here, but I'm drawing a blank on how to finish it out.

Tamiyo's emblem + Inexorable Tide + Pentad Prism.

Burn a counter off the Prism for a cheap spell, proliferate the counter back on through Tide, recover the cheap spell with emblem.

Virulent Wound/Shock for game?

Guess I should post my Tamiyo experiment deck.

2 Tamiyo
2 Jace Beleren

1 Icy Manipulator
2 Masticore
1 Trip Noose

1 Drowned Rusalka
2 Fortress Crab
1 Geralf's Mindcrusher
1 Giant Oyster
2 Niblis of the Breath
1 Trickster Mage
2 Wake Thrasher

1 Echoing Truth
1 Ensnare
2 Forbidden Alchemy
4 Remand
4 Rune Snag
2 Thought Scour

2 Compulsive Research
2 Ideas Unbound

2 Lonely Sandbar

22 Island

The basic idea was to start with a strong draw engine and tempo based counters, curving into a tap defense until the Masticores can come online and wipe my opponent's creatures out, assuming the Wake Thrashers didn't just smash them as they grew to large size (which they did, if they ever stuck around).

The draw engine was to transform to abuse Tamiyo's emblem, which it does. Thought Scour = Ancestral Recall when targeted on yourself, or a recurring mill engine when used on the opponent (which I didn't realize until I was able to mill an opponent to death over two turns during testing). Geralf's Mindcrusher = draw 5 plus a 5/5 with Undying for six. Forbidden Alchemy turns into a draw 4. Ideas Unbound also turns into a draw 4. Masticore loses its upkeep cost.

The problem is this build of the deck is slow, despite the abuse it generates when it gets Tamiyo's emblem.

Mythical Rare

3 more cards on MTGS spoiler:

Mad Prophet (3R 2/2 Human T, discard 1: Draw 1.)
Yew Spirit (4G 3/3 Treefolk Spirit 2GG: +X/+X TEOT. X= Yew Spirit's power.)
Unholy Pact (2B Enchantment - Aura. Enchant Creature. When enchanted creature dies, it returns to the battlefield under your control.)

Mad Prophet seems useful, and Unholy Pact just screams creature theft. Yew Spirit, though, seems a bit meh in anything that isn't able to generate craploads of mana.

Dedcadent Pants

Willexia Rennar
3 more cards on MTGS spoiler:

Mad Prophet (3R 2/2 Human T, discard 1: Draw 1.)
Yew Spirit (4G 3/3 Treefolk Spirit 2GG: +X/+X TEOT. X= Yew Spirit's power.)
Unholy Pact (2B Enchantment - Aura. Enchant Creature. When enchanted creature dies, it returns to the battlefield under your control.)

Mad Prophet seems useful, and Unholy Pact just screams creature theft. Yew Spirit, though, seems a bit meh in anything that isn't able to generate craploads of mana.

Yew Spirit is a power reduction of Changeling Colossus. Potentially powerful, considering that last time, it was format warping.

Mad Prophet just seems too slow for red. Heck, the original Looters were half the price (and P/T) for a similar ability.
taking an extra turn for two mrgreen and a 4/3 for 1 rofl

Mythical Rare

Huge influx of spoiled cards on MTGS....went from 169 to 203.

Good grief.

Dedcadent Pants

Lot of reprints in white...damn.

Lunar Mystic could be crazy.

The newly "discovered" trio of red humans aren't that bad together, but overall, kinda "cliquey."

Vessels of Rest seems to be a new EDH viable card, competing with Coalition Relic.

Dapper Puppy

Battle Hymn. Am I the only one seeing this card being a bit too good? Not in standard, mind you, but modern.

And Lia, it isn't just White getting a lot of reprints. There are 11 reprints in this set, which is kinda high on magic standards. White got three reprints, while every other color got two.

Dedcadent Pants

I don't see Battle Hymn doing much, as it's a very conditional card.

Eleven reprints does seem high. sweatdrop

Mythical Rare

The problem I see with Battle Hymn is that, in order to get a good amount of mana out of it, you have to have a sizable group of monsters out...and if you've got a sizable group of monsters out, you've clearly got access to a good amount of mana already.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff