Welcome to Gaia! ::

Interesting Lunatic

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Black better get a lot of exile/white hate going on in Avacyn Restored. Otherwise I'm not going to play standard anymore.. lol.

Girl-Crazy Grabber

The 8 mana cmc stops it from doing any real damage in standard and don't forget that decks playing vaporsnag/mana leak are already doing a number on said format.

Interesting Lunatic

Emrakul
The 8 mana cmc stops it from doing any real damage in standard and don't forget that decks playing vaporsnag/mana leak are already doing a number on said format.

For me it proves to be somewhat mean to my Red/Black vampire deck.

Girl-Crazy Grabber

Vamps should kill long before they reach 8 mana, or your going to lose that game anyway. (also tragic slip deals real well with this card and Vampires is running it anyway).

Dedcadent Pants

I am quite disappointed in the card. It doesn't even seem Legacy playable in Reanimator (better targets, plus most of the removal for high toughness critters exiles anyways).

I guess it works for EDH and Modern Reanimators?

Girl-Crazy Grabber

Yea, Def killer for edh, but I see other reanimator targets to be way stronger. Iona ect are simply stronger. I still like the makeshift mannaquin/emrakul/oonas prowler reanimator (but I think just hard casting it or cheating it in with through the breach are both stronger lines). Maybe some kind of gifts package in tron, but path seems to make this one irrelevant in modern.

Dedcadent Pants

That's about what I thought. Good to know my line of thinking is still solid. sweatdrop

Girl-Crazy Grabber

Maybe one of the other reanimator targets will make it into an older format, but avacyn seems best in a Kaalia edh deck. (well actually that seems like the best fit ever for it)

Dedcadent Pants

Yeah...giving her indestructability is about the only way to make sure she survives. Doing it as basically an instant is even better.

Though you're still going to be attacked like mad as soon as people see Avacyn.

Seriously, I was hoping for something maybe with WWB in its cost, to replace Selenia as the BW Angel general.
She's gonna be sweet in casual and might see constructed play in post-rotation reanimator but for the most part is too easy to deal with and doesn't do anything if you can't untap with her.

Witty Hunter

8,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I think for any 60 card, she's too expensive to play but for EDH. I think she would be a pretty sick general.

Boardwipes would be pointless against her.

Tipsy Loiterer

Final Judgment sounds pretty good right about now.
so bad I was hoping for something better. eh

Witty Hunter

8,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I don't see why people think she's bad.. I mean, look at it thru math..

Let's say that each mana for the cmc is a (-1) and that each P/T is (+1).. right out of the gate she evens out.

Then give plus +1 for each positive ability and -1 for each dumb negative ability. She has flying , Vig and gives everything else you control indestructability. So she's (+3).

Girl-Crazy Grabber

Efficiency isn't the question, the cost matches the effect. The CMC being 8 means it being played as an honest wincon is almost out of the question. Yes its worth the 8 mana your paying for it. 8 is simply asking too much in a titan format. The worst part of this equation is we are very much in a format defined by Delver of secrets and it will either be mana leaked or vapor snagged. 8's asking for a lot and while this is worth the mana its simply not good enough (without cheating it into play). Frights playing this on turn 3 is pretty sick but its still to fragile right now.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff