Welcome to Gaia! ::

Newbie Noob

6,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
It is a variant to Magic the gathering. It is really fun.
Here is a link if you haven't heard of it. smile

Girl-Crazy Grabber

Lots of people on this forum play EDH. Are you lookin for assistance/ideas or just to shoot the breeze? The forum is fairly slow but people are friendly and always glad to help out around here.

Newbie Noob

6,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Emrakul
Lots of people on this forum play EDH. Are you lookin for assistance/ideas or just to shoot the breeze? The forum is fairly slow but people are friendly and always glad to help out around here.
Just looking to shoot the breeze. Figure if I find people here play EDH then when and if I evaluate cards they can understand how and why I do so smile . I was thinking of showing off some of my decks. I don't know if that is cool here.

Girl-Crazy Grabber

Yep feel free to post lists people will critique/assist anyway they can. We got some friendly folk (I tend to err toward the more cutthroat/competitive side of things which is fine in my play group but in more friendly circles I have to cut back on some shenanigans)

Newbie Noob

6,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Emrakul
Yep feel free to post lists people will critique/assist anyway they can. We got some friendly folk (I tend to err toward the more cutthroat/competitive side of things which is fine in my play group but in more friendly circles I have to cut back on some shenanigans)
Lol. Once you see my deck you will see that you may find we have some things in common. lol.

Girl-Crazy Grabber

Nice, well I'm on frequently and I love a good back and fourth on decks, edh is one of those formats where deck power scales well. You can do very fun things or you can combo kill a table pretty quick. I love to play a good midrange control deck but the format is broad enough where you can build on random impulse. I had a Sharuum build with tons of combos but cut it down when I started to be targeted by the table a little too much for my own good. Its Now a Sphinx reanimator (yea Magister Spinx still inspires some hate but not quite as bad as it used to be lol)

Gracious Grabber

And then you get scum like me.... Who only plays long range prison control with a combo kill in 5 colour.

Girl-Crazy Grabber

Scum is such a harsh word. Some people just love there prison decks razz (also the "only" filthy edh deck is the ad nuasium deck and just cause its so friggin consistant. My friend put it together on a lark, I played it a few weeks ago and the table hated me as hard as they could eventually I naturally drew the ad nausium flipped the deck over and killed the table. Good times (well for me XD). I don't mind combo decks/locks/general shenanigans but if the deck is killing turn 4 too often it really punishes the spirit of the format. However if everyone at the table doesn't mind/trying to do the same thing then everythings fair game.

Mythical Rare

That's probably why EDH is my favorite format to play; building something completely off-the-wall almost feels encouraged.

3,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
The problem is when an EDH deck goes infinite (insert anything here). Unless you have an answer for it right then you can't really stop it. That's why I use Rith as my general and made my deck a tool box & token deck. Uses lots of tutor effects like stone forge mystic, cord of calling, primeval titan, tooth and nail, ect. So I can pull out things like the 5 swords (light and shadow, fire and ice, body and mind, ect) or mold shambler (cause it can get rid of plainswalkers), and other creatures that have come into play abilities. Oh and make lots of tokens with doubling season and parallel live lol xp

Girl-Crazy Grabber

The midrange good stuff decks are always fun but tend to fall a little short to the busted decks, I generally like a strong deck with a backup plan (Teneb reanimator w/ tooth and nail combo kill (trike/mikeous) I try to avoid combo kills unless someone has presented the fact that they can do the same or worse.

Newbie Noob

6,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Oh I really like combo kills. Sometimes I don't need to but it is aways good as an out.

Greedy Grabber

Anyone got cool stories? Or any neat interactions they have with their commander? I used to play a Brion Stoutarm deck and there were a few games where I would cast Moltensteel Dragon and then shout "This hand of mine glows with an awesome power! Its burning grip tells me to defeat you!" and then pump the dragon until I go to one and chuck it at someone.

Newbie Noob

6,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Anna Hilfe
Anyone got cool stories? Or any neat interactions they have with their commander? I used to play a Brion Stoutarm deck and there were a few games where I would cast Moltensteel Dragon and then shout "This hand of mine glows with an awesome power! Its burning grip tells me to defeat you!" and then pump the dragon until I go to one and chuck it at someone.
Well I used to make people sing back songs for cards. Jinn of Wishes, when you activate its ability you need to sing airplanes. Nev disk you need to sing this place about to blow. Silly stuff like that.

Business Guildsman

8,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
As a matter of fact I do, and I'm about to post my decklist because I need some tips.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff