Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eloquent Streaker

So I know that most MTG players play Standard, but I've decided that since I'm not planning on going to any tournaments anytime soon, I'm going to play Extended. Personally, I feel that it gives a bit more leeway in deck construction, and it's perfectly possible to build an Extended deck that Standard decks can beat. If need be, I'll just keep enough cards on the side to switch to Standard should the need arise.

So does anyone else play Extended?

Girl-Crazy Grabber

Wizards did a great job of killing extended the past couple of years. First they reduced the formats size to make it double the size of standard. Then they banned most of the good cards. Then created modern which has tons more appeal. Then they banned all the good cards in modern so everyone got so angry that they forgot that extended was ever a format.

Hilarious Raider

9,950 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
Requiem in Mortis
So I know that most MTG players play Standard, but I've decided that since I'm not planning on going to any tournaments anytime soon, I'm going to play Extended. Personally, I feel that it gives a bit more leeway in deck construction, and it's perfectly possible to build an Extended deck that Standard decks can beat. If need be, I'll just keep enough cards on the side to switch to Standard should the need arise.

Ok first I'd like to say Amazing Avi. I love V (both Comic and Movie) second I think I play extended as well though I'm not sure. I'm not much of a tourny player either. I prefer casual play.

Eloquent Streaker

sage-the-wanderer
Requiem in Mortis

Ok first I'd like to say Amazing Avi. I love V (both Comic and Movie) second I think I play extended as well though I'm not sure. I'm not much of a tourny player either. I prefer casual play.
That's what I do, honestly. Never been a competitive player in any game, though if I can fund the deck I want (Black/Red Vampires), then I might keep cards on the side to make it Standard as necessary. I'm literally the kind of guy who can lose six games in a row and still have fun.

Though I DID almost beat a pro deck (ironically, a Black/Red Vampires deck) using the Red Burn deck I've taken to calling Lord of the Flings. Got him down to 5 Life, but couldn't deal damage to him the next turn while he was able to hit me on each of his turns.

Hilarious Raider

9,950 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
Requiem in Mortis
sage-the-wanderer
Requiem in Mortis

That's what I do, honestly. Never been a competitive player in any game, though if I can fund the deck I want (Black/Red Vampires), then I might keep cards on the side to make it Standard as necessary. I'm literally the kind of guy who can lose six games in a row and still have fun.

Though I DID almost beat a pro deck (ironically, a Black/Red Vampires deck) using the Red Burn deck I've taken to calling Lord of the Flings. Got him down to 5 Life, but couldn't deal damage to him the next turn while he was able to hit me on each of his turns.

Yes I am the same way. I do love to have fun with the game. I have built a R/B vampires deck and it works pretty well. but Red burn decks are so much more fun to play.

Eloquent Streaker

sage-the-wanderer
Requiem in Mortis
sage-the-wanderer
Requiem in Mortis

Yes I am the same way. I do love to have fun with the game. I have built a R/B vampires deck and it works pretty well. but Red burn decks are so much more fun to play.
I particularly like this one. It's focused around bringing out the heavy-hitters (Moltensteel Dragon and Inferno Titan) as quickly as possible, powering them up, attacking my opponent, and then using Fling to hit them again.

It needs to be sped up a bit, but it's decent enough for a casual deck.

Hilarious Raider

9,950 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
Requiem in Mortis
sage-the-wanderer
Requiem in Mortis
sage-the-wanderer
Requiem in Mortis

I particularly like this one. It's focused around bringing out the heavy-hitters (Moltensteel Dragon and Inferno Titan) as quickly as possible, powering them up, attacking my opponent, and then using Fling to hit them again.

It needs to be sped up a bit, but it's decent enough for a casual deck.

I have a simular deck to this but it'd more of an R/G undying burn deck.

Original Player

9,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I play Extended. Everyone does locally. Its a sanctioned FNM format.

Tipsy Loiterer

It's not common everywhere. Here, no one plays Extended or Modern. All about the Standard and Draft.

Random fact: I've played Ravnica draft much more recent than I've played Extended.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff