Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hey I was wondering if anyone has played Champions The RPG.
No, but I'd like you to say more about it.
Well Campions is much like D&D. I think that it is so much more fun because it is really close to limitless. basicly if you can describe any thing that you want (logicly according to your character) The GM can make it. The characters are really complex but you have any kind of character that you want. like you can have one modled after Goku From DBZ. or Kenshin fom Ruroni Kenshin (sorry if I spelled it wrong) or you can have a character base of anything you want.
I wouldn't say it's very much like D&D except that they're both roleplaying games....

Champions is the comic superhero variation of the HERO system. HERO is designed to be a generic system that can be adapted to many different genres. They also publish Fantasy and Space books.

I think HERO does superheroes (i.e. Champions) very well. I've had a lot of fun with it over many campaigns. For other genres, I prefer GURPS if I need a generic, point-based system.
Ok Well what is GURPS?
Northernstar1
Ok Well what is GURPS?

GURPS, or the Generic Universal Role Playing System, is an RPG from Steve Jackson Games, about which much can be learned here. It's a point-based "generic" system with the intent of being usable for games in any genre. The rules systems are focused on being realistic, and it's earliest roots were as a fantasy-combat game (in the early 80s). As such, it doesn't do superheroes as well as Champions (which started out, also in the 80s, as a superhero game, and then was generalized into the HERO System). It does, IMHO, do less high-powered stuff better than HERO System.

GURPS has dozens of books discussing various genres, historical periods, cultures (real and imaginary), and other things to help you take your game in any direction you want.
Cool thanx for telling me about it. if anyone has played Champions can you tell me about one of your most memerable adventures?
OK well thanx for the replies. so what is this GURPS system like?
I played it awhile ago and its a super hero game. It came out before GURPS and both work much the same in the way you build characters. You get a number of points (around 200 -250) and you buy your abilities and powers with the points. To get powers cheaper or get more points you can add disavantages to the powers of your character, like haveing a secret ID or haveing to roll to activate powers. Also Champions used only 6 sided dice.
yep yep your exactly right smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces