Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

Hello! I thought it would be helpful to have a place for people to submit their queries in advance for the next Ask the Staff event. Feel free to post your questions here, questions answered will go in OP of the next event. For those of you who's questions did not get answered, you may post your question here.

Please be sure to follow the Rules and Guidelines posted below. These apply not only to this thread by all Ask the Staff events!

Thread will close on 1/5/2016 at 9:00am PDT!!
Ask the Staff Rules & Guidelines

1. Please keep your posts constructive.
    Posts that are overly abusive towards management, staff or other members of the community will be deleted without warning. Gaian's who are overly negative in Ask the Staff may be permanently removed from participation in this and future events.

2. One question per post.
    Please only ask one question in your post. Asking more than one question in your post may result in your post getting skipped for not following this.

3. Repeat posts will be deleted.
    Please only post your question once. Repeated posting of the same question may result in the additional posts being deleted. This is to help keep the noise in the thread down and allow questions by others to be seen.

4. Do not post support issues.
    Do not post issues regarding account bans, billing issues, warnings, and other support issues. Instead, please file a ticket about them at our Help Center. Questions about support issues may result in your post getting skipped.

5. Not all questions will be answered.
    This may occur because at present- they do not have an answer, it was already answered, because it was missed, or because the proper format was not followed in posting the question.

6. The thread may get locked periodically.
    Should the thread posts grow faster than we can handle, we may temporarily lock the thread while we catch up. We will post if the lock is because of us catching up, or due to the event being over.
Questions should follow the following format...

[b]Question Category[/b]

Question

The categories are:

• Art
  • Items
  • Features
  • Games
  • Shops
  • events
  • manga

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
ADVERTISEMENT

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

See all of the answers Gaia Staff have given in Ask the Staff!
Sorted by date and by subject!

Sparkly Unicorn

29,850 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Team Carl 200
Games / Events

Will we be getting an ownable version of Fafnir in Lake Kindred, the same way we did with Sandman Rose? I'm in total awe of the artwork of [Boss] Tyrant Fafnir, and would love owning one!

Sparkly Unicorn

29,850 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Team Carl 200
Games / Events

For future Lake Kindred-based events that come with new stages, will you be considering doing a repeat of the Fafnir's Peak drops of various item RIGs?

It's been a real pleasure to have a chance at expanding my inventory with so many neat items, and the deflation has been great too! I'd love to see these kinds of drops in the future in Lake Kindred!

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Brilliant Light 450
Games

Will SD dolls ever be made into kin? I think it would be funny to see tiny doll items fighting each other. Maybe you could make a ticket for us to submit to have our own dolls or existing dolls as kin...

Dapper Fatcat

14,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Loiterer 100
why is it that it seems like all the items are begining to become more expensive in the shops as a gaia i feel like im being more pushed to buy gaia cash just so i can buy little things the marketplace has become over run with how high priced things are on gaia these days i feel less like the cominuity is for the player and more like gaias just after my money with this i belive the 5 percent tax is just a joke in the mp you guys are making harder for the lower class to even have a chance at getting stuff what do you plan on doing to make gaa feel like a comunity again and not just a catalog ?

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Brilliant Light 450
Games

Putting the RIG's in the LK Christmas event was an awesome idea, it really helped out with deflation and it made me want to play the game. I didn't mind grinding away because I really liked the RIG incentive. Can you do this again with future events and maybe do it randomly through the year in between events?
Items

More of a suggestion really. Recently I have ran into a glitch with an item, what I did report in the associated official forum topic, though it was already reported once some time ago.
Anyway, I was thinking, what if an item has a glitch and the artist who made the item isnt around anymore?
Any way other artists can fix it or get access to the files to do so?
If they dont, then I suggest opening a dropbox with the staff and artists granted access to it, to dump the files for items in it, so if any needs fixing, artists can get them and fix them up, and the staff update the item on the website.
As a customer, I expect the items to be glitch and bug free. Thank you

P.S.: The item I have problem with is still not fixed, it has already been reported several times by me to the correct forum thread.
ITEMS

Yes i was wondering when you were gonna release the next CI for the december pass box II.
Also in the desription of the box it says "Contains the second November 2015 chance box!" and it clearly a december box. I have 7 of these items so a rather quick respose would do well. smile

Thank you for your time, and have a Merry Christmas

Shadowy Shade

Games

Thank you, first off, for taking the time to read this. Hope your holidays were well.

Long version:
Fishing has been a rising question these past few months. Our community is one of the most passionate in all of Gaia, and I am just one of hundreds that came to Gaia for fishing.
You probably want us to die down, and stop asking, but I feel we deserve an answer. Even if the answer is "I have no idea about anything dealing with fishing", as long as we know we are not being ignored. We know other things are higher up on the list, we do understand that. We understand fishing has also been one of the biggest, if not THEE biggest, free feature/game on Gaia. There have been even some ideas of maybe way of us showing our support of fishing using GC. Like, maybe a kickstarter, or implementing fishing items/locations/bait/etc that require GC. Personally, I havent purchased GC in a long while, and if it were to go towards fishing, I and 95% I would invest if it meant getting fishing back sooner, or at all. Short question ahead I guess...

Short version: May we please have some response to the fishing situation? Even an "I dont know" would suffice, as long as we know we aren't being ignored.

Would fishing be resolved faster/quicker if Gaia could implement GC? I believe I've seen ideas such as quick starters or spending GC on rods/items/baits/location. Would this be a possiblity if it meant fishing could be brought back faster/at all?

Monster Bit

26,640 Points
  • Poltergeist Pulverizer 100
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
Item

Are hamster paw skins in the works yet?

Adorable Master

20,800 Points
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • Hand in the Cookie Jar 100
  • ReAnimated 50