Welcome to Gaia! ::

cutethulhuuu's Sidekick

Interstellar Trash

The prices I think are fair and fine, I don't have a problem with the actual sale but with the content of the limited items and the 'theme' of the sale. While I personally really like the theme, it seems kind of silly that Black Friday is for some reason an event rather than just a sale - Gaia created a demand for a lot of different colour schemes/item styles and different themes over the past year and those were all kind of dropped on their head by having a theme.

I know that there's still the bundles being released and the occasional extra item or two, and the tier, but having a set 'theme' for the rotating items and for the LQI is kind of a downer. This shouldn't be an event, it should be an opportunity to entice people with the kinds of items people covet all year round! Certain colour scheme sales would have been AWESOME.

The theme excludes people who don't like items of this type, which as it looks from the way the items are leaving stock, is a hefty amount of people. Personally, I really LIKE the theme but I know some people who don't like avis anywhere close to the items that are being released and that really shouldn't be the point of a Black Friday sale. It's hard to create demand where it does not exist ! I know it's too late to change the sale and that's not what I'm asking, however, in the future Gaia should consider something that is more like a broad array of items like they've done in the past instead of a theme. If they do do themes in the future, 'Colour Scheme' rotating theme for each day might be awesome ! Either releasing new items or recolours based on colour scheme would garner a lot of sales. Or even 'NPC' days, where NPCs "choose" items based on their general aesthetic so that we once again get a whole array of items rather than one certain type.

Just something to keep in mind for the future! this theme would have been great for an event or a RIG!

Unstoppable Krampus

Last year seemed so much better with much more variety. It's not that this year's items are bad, but I wish there'd been more focus on bundles of old favorites and collections instead of mainly a handful of new items and their recolors. Plus, they all tend to blend together for me and I can't easily keep track of which items are which; like, I get the theme of the two sides and all, but it's hard to remember what's what when you're just reusing the same six words for all the names.

User Image

Wicked Monster

40,900 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • The Temptations 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
I've been wildly happy myself with all the items, although I know not everyone is.

My biggest praise though comes from the pricing. Like, every other Black Friday sale they've had since I first got a job (2008 ), items were hella expensive and usually just re-releases with one or two new items in it. This sale is not only reasonably priced all-around, but almost all of it is new items and recolors of those items.

While I agree there could have been more variety, I would rather stick to this sort of theme sale than go back to their typical "pay $50 for one item!" Black Friday sale.

cutethulhuuu's Sidekick

Interstellar Trash

Twisted Lady
Last year seemed so much better with much more variety. It's not that this year's items are bad, but I wish there'd been more focus on bundles of old favorites and collections instead of mainly a handful of new items and their recolors. Plus, they all tend to blend together for me and I can't easily keep track of which items are which; like, I get the theme of the two sides and all, but it's hard to remember what's what when you're just reusing the same six words for all the names.

User Image

Yes, I definitely agree with that. u_u

cutethulhuuu's Sidekick

Interstellar Trash

vodka_vixen
I've been wildly happy myself with all the items, although I know not everyone is.

My biggest praise though comes from the pricing. Like, every other Black Friday sale they've had since I first got a job (2008 ), items were hella expensive and usually just re-releases with one or two new items in it. This sale is not only reasonably priced all-around, but almost all of it is new items and recolors of those items.

While I agree there could have been more variety, I would rather stick to this sort of theme sale than go back to their typical "pay $50 for one item!" Black Friday sale.

Yes! Exactly! I love the theme, I',m not happy with most of the colours, but that's kind of a moot point.
BUT THE PRICING IS GREAT! It's WAY better than the previous years. I think that we need a mix of the old BF sales variety and the current prices, that would be ideal! A LONGTIME ago I paid 30$ for WORKSHOP FLORA during the Black Friday Sale and then they released it for 5$ two weeks after - it was a ******** travesty. These current prices are fair and fight against something like that ever happening again.

CURRENT PRICES, more variety!

Perfect Saint

I wanted to convince myself this is true, but it turns out that many of the items were just the stuff I've been wanting for years. I've eaten crow, but I'm wearing such fine armor and capes. heart Part of me wanted to think that so I could save this year. No dice. Spent too much actually. lol

I don't even remember half the stuff I bought last BFS and I know I barely use the ones I've gotten last Summer Sale.

I am glad I don't have to put out $50 for anything anymore. Most, if not all, of those items bought for those prices have very little value left.

cutethulhuuu's Sidekick

Interstellar Trash

Myrielle
I wanted to convince myself this is true, but it turns out that many of the items were just the stuff I've been wanting for years. I've eaten crow, but I'm wearing such fine armor and capes. heart Part of me wanted to think that so I could save this year. No dice. Spent too much actually. lol

I don't even remember half the stuff I bought last BFS and I know I barely use the ones I've gotten last Summer Sale.

I am glad I don't have to put out $50 for anything anymore. Most, if not all, of those items bought for those prices have very little value left.

I've spent quite a bit myself! I really like the theme, trust me biggrin I also adore the prices! I think they're fairly priced and excellent quality for the prices, but it's not the items themselves that I am critiquing, but the fact that the BF sale is used as a themed event rather than just a *sale*. I know a lot of people who don't like armor/elegant/fantasy-esque items.

I think this theme would have been perfect for an actual site event, they could have done a cool forum event with it too.

I love the theme, but it's like going to a department store for Black Friday and finding that the WHOLE STORE is stocked in one specific type of thing and there's a tiny area in the back where all the variety is.

However, the previous prices of past Black Fridays on Gaia have been ATROCIOUS, so this is definitely a step in the right direction when it comes to Gaia truly understanding the meaning of *sale*.

Perfect Saint

Teefie
Myrielle

I've spent quite a bit myself! I really like the theme, trust me biggrin I also adore the prices! I think they're fairly priced and excellent quality for the prices, but it's not the items themselves that I am critiquing, but the fact that the BF sale is used as a themed event rather than just a *sale*. I know a lot of people who don't like armor/elegant/fantasy-esque items.

I think this theme would have been perfect for an actual site event, they could have done a cool forum event with it too.

I love the theme, but it's like going to a department store for Black Friday and finding that the WHOLE STORE is stocked in one specific type of thing and there's a tiny area in the back where all the variety is.

However, the previous prices of past Black Fridays on Gaia have been ATROCIOUS, so this is definitely a step in the right direction when it comes to Gaia truly understanding the meaning of *sale*.
I think they were going for cute instead of just a massive item drop. I don't blame them. They've sure hooked me good. I didn't even bother with any old hat they've returned to the CS. mrgreen

cutethulhuuu's Sidekick

Interstellar Trash

Myrielle
Teefie
Myrielle

I think they were going for cute instead of just a massive item drop. I don't blame them. They've sure hooked me good. I didn't even bother with any old hat they've returned to the CS. mrgreen

That is good! I am glad you are satisfied biggrin

Namius's Queen

OG Gaian

63,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ghost Hunter 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
While I'm not interested in most of the human items... I'm super happy for all the Paw items and I loooove the castle background items. Also new Kin! biggrin I'm pretty happy with this haul.

I can see where it would be disappointing for people who aren't into fantasy items though.

CrackedJewel's Fangirl

Naughty Nerd

I love the pricing and the idea of the sale, just not the recoloring and colors of everything. Most of the new items coloring and recolors just... mur. I wish they offered more than just the same themes.

Dapper Darling

The theme is nice and I see a lot of people liking it, I bought a few of the items myself... mind you for like one or two poses but still, but it would have been awesome to have more variety. I really prefer modern items to those that are solely fantasy focused, heck even Final Fantasy like modern mixed with fantasy is awesome, so more of a mix would have been awesome.

But what can you do, yea? Maybe they'll mix it up some more next year.

cutethulhuuu's Sidekick

Interstellar Trash

MingSao
While I'm not interested in most of the human items... I'm super happy for all the Paw items and I loooove the castle background items. Also new Kin! biggrin I'm pretty happy with this haul.

I can see where it would be disappointing for people who aren't into fantasy items though.

Yeah!
You are right though! I was happy that there were some limited, solely animal items, just because I know from forum creeping that's something a lot of people wanted!

cutethulhuuu's Sidekick

Interstellar Trash

.~[Misty.Muffin]~.
I love the pricing and the idea of the sale, just not the recoloring and colors of everything. Most of the new items coloring and recolors just... mur. I wish they offered more than just the same themes.

Me too!
Some of the recolours are *super* saturated, which turns me off.

cutethulhuuu's Sidekick

Interstellar Trash

Lithium x Francium
The theme is nice and I see a lot of people liking it, I bought a few of the items myself... mind you for like one or two poses but still, but it would have been awesome to have more variety. I really prefer modern items to those that are solely fantasy focused, heck even Final Fantasy like modern mixed with fantasy is awesome, so more of a mix would have been awesome.

But what can you do, yea? Maybe they'll mix it up some more next year.

i agree 100% with this. biggrin while i personally love the items, they're very focused on a particular aesthetic. Good for those who like the aesthetic, bad for those who don't.

but omg a sale based on FF-inspired items would have be emptying my bank account, ngl.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff