x x ALEXANDER, x JAYDEx EDEN x x

DATE OF BIRTH x x x March 21st

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
User ImageUser Image
                                      . P H Y S I C A L x D E S.C R I P T O R S x x x x

xC U R R E N T x A G E x x
                                          23 years old

xR A C E x x
                                          Caucasian

xG E N D E R x x
                                          Female

xH E I G H T x x
                                          5' 8" or 172.7 cm

xW E I G H T x x
                                          approx. 127 lbs

xH A I R x C O L O R x x
                                          Blonde

xE Y E x C O L O R x x
                                          Blue-green

xI D E N T I F I A B L E x M A R K I N G S x x
                                          • a thin scar on the palm of her hand and on her right shoulder from two shards of glass
                                          • a small scar behind her left ear from a fall sustained during her childhood
                                          • ears pierced once on each lobe

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image
                                      . P E R S O N A L x D E S.C R I P T O R S x x x x

xA L I A S E S x / x N I C K N A M E S x x

• Jay
                                          • Blue Jay

xS E X U A L x O R I E N T A T I O N x x
                                          Bisexual leaning toward males

xR E L I G I O U S x V I E W S x x
                                          Agnostic

xP L A C E x O F x B I R T H x x
                                          Santa Cruz, California

xP R E V I O U S x R E S I D E N C E x x
                                          Most recently, Dallas, TX.

xC U R R E N T x R E S I D E N C E x x
                                          Jayde lives by the lake in one of the houses closest to the Motel. She would have continued living at the motel, however, as she has been here for some time, she (and some of the others) thought it best she make room for others. Luckily for her, her home happens to be near to the state park (and Split Peak).

xE D U C A T I O N x x
                                          • Willowcreek Elementary
                                          xxxx 2 years
                                          • College Park Elementary
                                          xxxx 1.5 years
                                          • Lakeview Charter School
                                          xxxx 1.5 years
                                          • Maybrook Middle School
                                          xxxx 1 year
                                          • Chapman Middle School
                                          xxxx 2 years
                                          • Petaluma High School
                                          xxxx 3 years

xF L U E N T x L A N G U A G E S x x
                                          • English
                                          • Passable Spanglish

xP R I O R x E M P L O Y M E N T x x
                                          • Mama's Cafe
                                          xxxx Hostess - 5 months
                                          • Corner Seat
                                          xxxx Waitress - 5 months
                                          • The Halved Avocado
                                          xxxx Cook/Cashier - 4 months
                                          • The Book Nook
                                          xxxx Sales Floor - 5 months
                                          • The Flores Household
                                          xxxx Nanny - 6 months
                                          • Miscellaneous
                                          xxxx Jayde has worked at many different jobs over the time she spent traveling. She has worked as a waitress, a barista, multiple cashier positions, a cook here and there and several nanny positions.

xC U R R E N T x E M P L O Y M E N T x x
                                          Arcade
                                          xxxx Cashier

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image
                                      . A B I L I T Y x x x x

xB A S I C x D E S.C R I P T I O N x x
                                          Jayde has the ability to manipulate matter--also known as telekinesis. On the most basic level, Jayde is able to pull objects (sometimes even people or animals) toward her and away from her. On a more intense level, this power could involve manipulating smaller forms of matter (i.e. molecules).

Along with being able to move items, Jayde also has the potential to cause different parts of an item to move in different directions (i.e. to tear them apart). On the opposite side of this, she can also press items toward each other to crush them. Another aspect of her ability is that she can make a "force field" around herself for thirty seconds at most. She does this by pushing all foreign matter (molecular and larger forms) away from her.

Jayde also has the power of flight--she is able to "push" herself away from the ground. This aspect of her control over matter has not been going as well as other aspects of her ability as she must struggle against gravity. More than once, she has found herself with concussion caused by running into something or injured due to a fall. Needless to say, this use of her power is something she is working on to improve.

She seems to be very mentally/emotionally connected to her power—both a good thing and a bad thing for her mental health and personality. On the one hand, she tends to keep others at a distance. On the other, if she has formed a bond with you, she can be the most loyal individual. It just depends where you stand.

Finally, Her power increases exponentially when she feels a very strong emotion—such as anger, sadness, or fear. If those emotions occur, Jayde experiences a lack of control over a lot of energy. If you were to put her in a small box against her will, for example, Jayde would blast her way out of the box very quickly. So quickly and violently it might tear the room apart. This would happen out intense fear as she is claustrophobic. Without these stronger emotions, Jayde may not be able to accomplish the same results.

xL I M I T A T I O N S x x
                                          The more intense form of control over her power (i.e. molecular matter manipulation) involves a higher level of concentration. In order to give her ability power or force, she must concentrate on it. The same could also be said for calling one item as opposed to many. This is a challenge for her as she has ADHD. One could say Jay's ability involves acting both instinctively and intentionally at the same time. While she is excellent at instinctively using her power, Jayde must really focus a lot of her attention on acting intentionally. This is an area Jayde is learning to cope with.

Jayde's stamina is also a large concern for the "force field" application of her ability. She is only able to keep the ability up for thirty seconds at most--usually, she ranges from 15-20 seconds. The issue she faces with increasing her stamina is fighting the exhaustion of using her abilities for a prolonged period of time.

Jayde usually avoids strong emotions in favor of the “smaller” ones. This means that she is unable to utilize her abilities to their strongest capability. It is only when she experiences a lack of control over her emotions that she experiences the full range of her power. This, of course, is dangerous in and of itself to herself and to those around her.

As stated previously, gravity also poses as a problem for her flight aspect. She has to fight against gravity in order to "push" herself away from the earth. Gravity is not a source of matter that Jayde can control. Finally, range is a big concern for Jay. She works best when the item is closer to her.

xS I D E x E F F E C T S x O F x U S E x x
                                          There are no immediate side effects to Jayde's ability. If she were to use her abilities for an extended period of time, exhaustion would become a determining factor of her success rate. Jayde can become lethargic and drained after use--especially were she to experience a burst of "big" emotion at the same time.

. P E R S O N A L x H I S T O R Y x x x x

xF A M I L Y x x
                                          • Reyna Alexander - MOTHER
                                          • James Alexander - FATHER
                                          • Carlie Alexander - SISTER
                                          • Bobby Alexander - BROTHER

xB I O G R A P H Y x x
                                          Jayde Alexander was always a “Free spirit”. As a child she would have rather been running outside than reading indoors. For the first thirteen years of her life, Jayde’s young parents Reyna and James seemed to encourage her sense of freedom and expression. In fact, they were often outdoors themselves. Although Jayde was born in Santa Cruz, California, she would never truly call it “home”. During those formative years, Jayde’s parents moved roughly once every year or two. They wanted to find a place that really “spoke” to them. Finding a job was never as critical to them as finding that one place where “your heart sings”. Jayde’s parents called themselves “Children of the earth”. They supported the move to accept those with superhuman abilities—calling it instead an event of evolution.

Although aspects of Jayde’s home life annoyed her (the raw vegan diet her parents enforced, the organic hemp, tie-dye clothing, and all of the talk about the earth), as she entered her teenage years, she finally began to accept her parents for who they were.

Two years later, things changed drastically. After a year living in rural northern California, the family packed their belongings (which wasn’t at all uncommon) and left their home. Their destination: a home in the suburban outskirts of San Francisco. The home was beautiful (for another family). It had two too many rooms, two and a half baths. There was a perfectly spotless garden maintained by a landscaping crew. She found her mom wearing a polyester-blend dress, and her dad sporting a new briefcase. They became the ideal suburban parents.

Now, only Jayde stood out.

On Jayde’s thirteenth birthday, her parents told her the news. They were having another child. They wanted to try a different parenting method with this child because they remembered her complaints when she was younger. They wanted a more stable lifestyle. They wanted to introduce a more varied family diet in order to discourage “picky eaters”. Then came the kicker, “we just don’t feel complete”. At the time, Jayde didn’t know how to cope with this news. She had been used to her life as an only child. She had grown accustomed to their lives as nomads. Her abilities flared to life after this moment. Perhaps it was the stress of the situation; perhaps it was simply biology. Either way, objects began to ever so slightly move away from her or, if she needed them, they seemed to move closer. The power was unnoticeable at this time. It was so slight that it could be explained away.

The next three years were full of crying babies (two to be exact). Jayde became the much older sister of a boy and a girl—Robert and Carlie Alexander. Robert (affectionately, “Bobby”) was the louder one of the two—colicky, fussy, and clingy. He could not help that he was a difficult temperament. He had been born that way. Carlie was the older, more docile baby. She was content to just roam around the house—though, she favored Jayde’s room. It was not long before Jayde felt ignored by her parents. The two children seemed to consume so much of her parent’s time and energy. After all of the changes she had experienced, Jayde wanted to feel like part of the family—like she belonged. Unfortunately for her it became more and more apparent that she did not.

Jayde’s abilities had been becoming more pronounced—more noticeable. Still, at first she kept it to herself. She wanted to be sure of what she was doing. She wanted to make certain it was something her parents could make time for. When she did show it to them, her parents’ reactions were not what she would have hoped. Instead of feeling supported, she felt like they were trying to cover it up. They told her never to use it—never to show it to anyone else. Jayde could not see that her parents were trying to protect her. She could not see it after she had felt ignored.

Still, her abilities kept growing. There was no stopping them. Sometimes, there was no controlling them. One night, Jayde was babysitting her siblings when she lost control. Bobby was screaming, Carlie was beginning to whine. When Jayde’s parents came home, she could not stop herself. Her ability tore the house apart. It whipped paper, items, and glass across the house. It happened too quickly for any of them to do anything. Some of the glass flew out at the toddlers. Carlie escaped unscathed, however, a large piece of it sliced across Bobby’s arm, cutting through the bone with the force of the momentum.

Then it all stopped.

The family’s possessions immediately dropped to the floor. The glass fell. The room was still for that moment. Nobody moved, nobody spoke. Even Bobby was silent. Though she, too, was bleeding from a scratch on her hand, Jayde said nothing. She couldn’t. Her mouth opened but nothing came out. A full minute passed before Hell broke loose.

In between Bobby’s earth-shattering cries, Jayde’s parents screamed at her. Most of their attention was on their son—they were attempting to stop the bleeding long enough to take him safely to the ER. They all left the house for the hospital, leaving 17 year old Jayde on her own. After what had happened, Jayde could safely say that she did not want to stay either. Jayde left the house on the heels of her family. She stole her mother’s Honda accord, a wad of cash from the ”emergency fund” in the cabinet and ran. She had learned to drive in one of the more rural towns they had lived in, but still did not have her license—much less her permit.

For two and a half, Jayde just drove. She stayed at hostiles, lied about her age to get under-the-table jobs but she was always moving. Always restless. She drove. She stayed off well-known roads and tried to obey every law. It was by some miracle that she wasn’t pulled over. It was by a second miracle that her abilities were not discovered.

Jayde was finally discovered by the authorities after she turned 21. She had been working at Mama’s Café in Dallas, Texas for five months when she became locked in the small storage closet. She had been working the closing shift and her shift manager had asked her to close the café. The door had an automatic locking function and if one forgot to prop the door open, one could become locked inside. Due to her exhaustion, Jayde became locked in the room. Suffering from claustrophobia ever since childhood, Jayde could not calm herself enough to use her ability to push the lock mechanism aside to open the door. Instead, her emotions took control and blasted the door from off of its hinges, sending everything within the café flying away from her. Jayde’s abilities also pushed the glass on the windows away from her until the windows themselves shattered. The authorities found Jayde sitting in the stock room floor, shuddering under the weight of her fear and the memory of her family. The shift-manager had seen the entire scene occur and had called the hotline number. Jayde was taken away.

Ever since she came to live at the Enclave, Jayde has been restless. She has not taken to the living conditions—specifically, her inability to leave. Jayde’s transient nature is at odds with the rules of the establishment. Due to this, Jayde attempted to escape after six months in Haven. Her attempt obviously failed for a number of reasons. First, she became exhausted by the extensive use of her abilities. Second, one of the guards caught her. Her punishment was swift and fitting for the crime.

x M E D I C A L x H I S T O R Y x x
                                          Jayde was diagnosed with Attention-deficit/hyperactive disorder (ADHD) by her high school counselor upon her admittance exam. Jayde was never put on any psychotropic medications for this. Other than this, Jayde has had one Emergency Room visit when she was a child for stitches due to a fall.

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image
                                      . P S Y C H O L O G Y x x x x

xP E R S O N A L I T Y x x
                                          • Playful
                                          • Avoidant
                                          • Friendly
                                          • Unpredictable
                                          • Light

Jayde is first and foremost broken inside. But, you would never be able to tell from the outside. Hell, you might not even be able to tell if you were to look inside. It is hidden under layers and layers of repression. Jayde maintains a light and airy personality. While not distinctly “smart” or “clever”, she is not without intelligence. Jayde likes to be playful and to tease. There is nothing she enjoys more than a good laugh. However, it is an expert front that even she has herself believing. Jayde is very disconnected to her emotions. She keeps the ones she considers “large” at bay. This means that if she even starts to feel some emotion that feels larger than herself, she will want to escape it. To run away—to ignore the problem.

Jayde is an avoidant person. As stated previously, she runs from her serious problems. This is not to say she runs from every disagreement or argument. If she feels she has herself under control, she will remain and address the issue. The problem arises when she begins to feel angry. This is the point where she leaves. Since she settled in at the Enclave, Jayde’s anxiety has more than doubled due to her inability to run. This contributes to her dissatisfaction with the Enclave.

Jayde seems to be very mentally/emotionally connected to her power—which is both a good thing and a bad thing. It means that the matter manipulator herself is in a constant state of unpredictability. On the one hand, she is an extrovert and tends to “pull” others in; on the other hand, she has a tendency to keep others at a distance. It is not as if Jay does this intentionally; if anything, she loves being with other people. No, she does it unconsciously to “protect” herself.

xE F F E C T x A B I L I T Y x H A S x O N x M E N T A Lx S T A T E x x
                                          Jayde's ability goes hand-in-hand with her mental illness. Jayde was diagnosed with Attention-Deficit/hyperactive Disorder (ADHD) when she was in high school. During her time in the outside world, the symptoms were manageable. When her abilities began to show themselves, her symptoms worsened.

xA T T I T U D E x T O W A R D x E N C L A V E x x
                                          Jayde does not know how to feel about it. On the one hand, she feels it keeps "normies" safe from her power. On the other hand, she loathes the captivity. Of the two, the latter is stronger in her as Jayde enjoys her freedom and often feels the need to run from her issues. While she is here, she is not able to run. This causes her anxiety.

xL I K E S x x

• Traveling
                                          • The outdoors
                                          • Sandwiches
                                          • Freedom
                                          • Teasing
                                          • Pineapple
                                          • Multicultural food
                                          • Sleeping
                                          • Most genres of music
                                          • Sunsets
                                          • Bagels
                                          • Waffles
                                          • Coloring books
                                          • Movies
                                          • Split Peak

xD I S L I K E S x x

• small spaces
                                          • Talking about her family
                                          • Experiencing strong emotions
                                          • Children becoming hurt
                                          • Shell fish
                                          • Crying babies
                                          • Yelling
                                          • Sobbing/crying
                                          • Early mornings
                                          • Restrictive shoes/gloves
                                          • Pepsi
                                          • Sad movies

xF E A R S x x

• Small spaces (Claustrophobia)
                                          • Losing control
                                          • Dying alone

xS T R E N G T H S x x

• Communicative
                                          • Emotionally controlled
                                          • Realistically Optimistic
                                          • Adaptable
                                          • Quick
                                          • Determined
                                          • Friendly

xW E A K N E S S E S x x

• Evasive
                                          • Limited coping skills (I.e. not allowing herself to deal with her past)
                                          • Flighty
                                          • (Occasionally) Irresponsible
                                          • Impulsive
                                          • Durability (as in, not durable)
                                          • Distracted easily
                                          • (A little) Childish

xH O B B I E S / H A B I T S x x

• Travelling (back home)
                                          • Meeting people
                                          • Playing the guitar
                                          • Hiking
                                          • Going up to Split Peak

xM I S C E L L A N E O U S x D E T A I L S x x

• Jayde obtained her GED while living in the Enclave.

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image

x x x S O U N D T R A C K x x x

KINGDOM COME
The Civil Wars

THE PLACES YOU HAVE COME TO FEAR THE MOST
Dashboard Confessional

SAVING MY FACE
KT Tunstall

HERE WITH ME
Dido

SPOTLIGHT
Mutemath

DON'T WAIT
Dashboard Confessional

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image

x x x R E L A T I O N S H I P S x x x

User ImagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSam x X x THE PEACEKEEPER

wordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswords
        wordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswords

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxFRIEND

User ImagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxPriyah x X x THE PREGNANT

User ImagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSilmex X x THE LONER

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUh...UNKNOWN?

User ImagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxTavix X x THE CRIMINAL

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxFRIEND!!

User ImagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAylinx X x THE NEWBIE

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUNKNOWN

User ImagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxArix X x THE ATHLETE

User ImagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxMattyx X x THE MUTE

User ImagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxNataly x X x THE SHRINK

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxRELATIONSHIP

User ImagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxVincent x X x THE RUDE GUARD

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. . . UGH.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces