Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pure-hearted Light

13,650 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Wall Street 200
since my mother passed away. And I still get absorbed on thoughts about her and my mood just randomly goes down. I've been told I need to get over it and that I'm "clinging to the past" but really, I think when it's your mom I don't know. I would be having fun with friends then my mood just gets all messed up, and I end up leaving. I feel rude for doing so, but I don't want to worry them with my issues or annoying them.

I don't know. I have so many emotions at once I don't know what to do sometimes.

Dapper Ladykiller

It takes time to mourn. And you are meant to remember your mother, too.

People who tell you to "snap out of it" just don't care about the pain you're going through. neutral

Magnetic Lover

21,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
Firstly, you don't need to "get over it" at all. Your mother passed away, you need to take however much time you need to grieve, and grieve. She was your mother, you were closer with her, so the strain on your heart and emotions is going to be ten times stronger.

My great grandmother passes away a couple of months ago, and I still have nightmares. Healing takes time.
You need to heal.

Alien Cosmonaut

People don't know what a loss like that is like until they experience it themselves. One of my bosses lost her mom a little over a year ago and she's still grieving. You don't have to ever "get over it" if you can't or don't want to. Give yourself plenty of time to process things, and find support from someone you can trust, or even grief counseling if need be.

User Image

Pliskin MD's Wife

Spoopy Bear

17,525 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500

I feel like seven months is a short time to fully mourn someone. It's hard for your friends to understand what you're going through unless they've been through it themselves. I dated a guy in high school who lost his mother two years prior to us dating, and he still would randomly have down moods about it. I'm assuming it's normal, because parents are a big part of your life. If you two were close, it makes it even harder.

Explain to your friends that you're still mourning the loss of her, and they should be at least understanding of that part. If they tell you to "get over it," just slap them (whether figuratively or literally, your choice) and walk away. You don't need friends/people like that in your life.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Take all the time you need to mourn. Cry. Feel sad. emotion_hug

✘✘✘

Pure-hearted Light

13,650 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Wall Street 200
Tsubahi

People who tell you to "snap out of it" just don't care about the pain you're going through. neutral

Yeah...

They don't. Some of them were friends who as soon as I told them my mother died, they just walked away never to be heard of from again.

Pure-hearted Light

13,650 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Wall Street 200
Anyel Sparkx
Firstly, you don't need to "get over it" at all. Your mother passed away, you need to take however much time you need to grieve, and grieve. She was your mother, you were closer with her, so the strain on your heart and emotions is going to be ten times stronger.

My great grandmother passes away a couple of months ago, and I still have nightmares. Healing takes time.
You need to heal.

Yeah, it really hurts. She was honestly the only person I was closest with, my dad was never really around and such.

I'm sorry to hear that. Yeah, healing takes time.
Hang in there, it will be okay u nu
emotion_hug

Pure-hearted Light

13,650 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Wall Street 200
!d!ot Amer!ca

I feel like seven months is a short time to fully mourn someone. It's hard for your friends to understand what you're going through unless they've been through it themselves. I dated a guy in high school who lost his mother two years prior to us dating, and he still would randomly have down moods about it. I'm assuming it's normal, because parents are a big part of your life. If you two were close, it makes it even harder.

Explain to your friends that you're still mourning the loss of her, and they should be at least understanding of that part. If they tell you to "get over it," just slap them (whether figuratively or literally, your choice) and walk away. You don't need friends/people like that in your life.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Take all the time you need to mourn. Cry. Feel sad. emotion_hug

✘✘✘

Yes, that's true enough.
Ohh, I see. Yeah, It's pretty normal I guess. It is hard, especially when she was like the only one to be around you, father was never really around and most of the family never really cared much either. I'm a bit of a hermit so she was the only one that I was truly open with.

Thank you. ; n; emotion_hug

Pliskin MD's Wife

Spoopy Bear

17,525 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
Bishonen Prince
!d!ot Amer!ca

✘✘✘

Yes, that's true enough.
Ohh, I see. Yeah, It's pretty normal I guess. It is hard, especially when she was like the only one to be around you, father was never really around and most of the family never really cared much either. I'm a bit of a hermit so she was the only one that I was truly open with.

Thank you. ; n; emotion_hug

God, I'm so sorry. ): That's so hard. I've never been close to my mother, so I couldn't even begin to imagine how you feel. Just know that she's still with you in spirit. Mourn her, but don't forget to celebrate her life, either.

Please know that we're all here for you if you ever need anything!

✘✘✘
My mother died 6 years ago, but it still bothers me when I think about it. What you feel is normal.

Dapper Ladykiller

Bishonen Prince
Tsubahi

Yeah...

They don't. Some of them were friends who as soon as I told them my mother died, they just walked away never to be heard of from again.

They obviously don't deserve to be your friends. neutral So let them go and continue to think about your mother for as long as you need and want to.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff