Welcome to Gaia! ::

Alien Cosmonaut

I feel kind of bad posting this considering most people that post here in LI have it way worse than I do. But I'm not looking for advice, I just need someone to listen to me because a couple (not all) of my closer friends do a terrible job of it. Some time on Friday, an individual I really looked up to passed away and it essentially ruined my whole weekend.

I've felt depressed over it since finding out, to the point of almost considering cancelling my weekend plans of meeting friends at the weekend's local convention. I did have a good time and I got to see a lot of my friends but there were several instances where I did cry in front of one of my friends or came close to it, which is a huge thing for me because I absolutely never cry in public.

I don't know, this just feels really weird to be experiencing this. I honestly wish I'd sent him a letter or something while he was still alive considering he was one of the only surviving people in his profession that I really admired. I know obviously I didn't know him personally or anything but he was very important to me. I've already accepted what happened and I know the feeling will pass over time but it just makes me so sad.

User Image

cxnceited's Senpai

Omnipresent Spirit

17,900 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cheercrusher 50

Life is not a competition to see who has the most problems. We all die in the end, anyway wink

Death is hard, whether you knew the person personally or not. I can tell you though, that with time, the sadness starts to fade, but you get to remember the happy moments all the more and can take solace in the fact that they impacted your life in such a positive way. 3nodding

Alien Cosmonaut

A Random Act of Terror

Life is not a competition to see who has the most problems. We all die in the end, anyway wink

Death is hard, whether you knew the person personally or not. I can tell you though, that with time, the sadness starts to fade, but you get to remember the happy moments all the more and can take solace in the fact that they impacted your life in such a positive way. 3nodding

Haha, you're right. And thank you, I really needed to hear this tonight. It's been rough the past few days.

User Image

Magical Girl

You can walk through life knowing of people and have them touch your lives without them even having been in the same room as you or being aware of your existence, and people with the ability to do that are special. If they've inspired you then of course you're going to feel miserable when that life is snuffed out. I spent a while feeling crummy when Robin Williams passed and still struggle when certain films are on because he was one of those figures around when I was a child and a part of something that made me happy then, and in turn made me happy when I looked back on it when I grew up. Kinda like a wacky uncle you've never met but is still able to make you smile.

I'm glad you decided to go out still, some people wont quite understand what you're feeling, but that's probably because they've never experienced this.

Stay strong though, LI is always here if you need us smile

Alien Cosmonaut

Angeltear1716
You can walk through life knowing of people and have them touch your lives without them even having been in the same room as you or being aware of your existence, and people with the ability to do that are special. If they've inspired you then of course you're going to feel miserable when that life is snuffed out. I spent a while feeling crummy when Robin Williams passed and still struggle when certain films are on because he was one of those figures around when I was a child and a part of something that made me happy then, and in turn made me happy when I looked back on it when I grew up. Kinda like a wacky uncle you've never met but is still able to make you smile.

I'm glad you decided to go out still, some people wont quite understand what you're feeling, but that's probably because they've never experienced this.

Stay strong though, LI is always here if you need us smile

Thank you, this makes me feel so much better. I grew up around game shows and the person that passed was the host of a few, and I don't even think I can watch them for a while. He hasn't been in my life for more than a couple years at best so I didn't know of him as a kid, but as a teenager I really looked up to him, so it hurts. I don't even know what I'm going to do when another of my favourite game show hosts passes, especially because he's in his 90s now...

One of my close friends that I was hanging out with has experienced this so she was very supportive, and I'm super thankful for that. I don't think I could've made it being out as long as I did if not for her. And I'm thankful I have LI as well. heart

User Image

Pliskin MD's Wife

Spoopy Bear

17,525 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500

I'm very sorry to hear about the loss. That's hard. emotion_hug

You can always write this person a letter still, and send it to where they used to work as a reminder to their coworkers, or if you know where this person is buried/memorialized, you can leave it at the gravestone. It would be a nice way of closure.

Cry if you need to. Feel your emotions. They're healthy and you'll probably feel better after a nice, big, ugly cry. wink

You totally know that all of us here in the LI are here for you. PM me if you need to vent or anything!

✘✘✘

Alien Cosmonaut

!d!ot Amer!ca

I'm very sorry to hear about the loss. That's hard. emotion_hug

You can always write this person a letter still, and send it to where they used to work as a reminder to their coworkers, or if you know where this person is buried/memorialized, you can leave it at the gravestone. It would be a nice way of closure.

Cry if you need to. Feel your emotions. They're healthy and you'll probably feel better after a nice, big, ugly cry. wink

You totally know that all of us here in the LI are here for you. PM me if you need to vent or anything!

✘✘✘

Thank you, dear. I've been considering writing Bert Convy a letter and leaving it for him some day because he's my absolute biggest inspiration, so I may do it for Jim as well somewhere along the line. Though I still regret not sending him one when he was still alive, I know he was sick so I think he might have appreciated it.

I've been trying to let my emotions out as they come, and I definitely did last night, it's just... hard. I don't even know what's so hard about crying exactly, it just feels that way. It only seems to come out in few-minute spurts rather than anything big.

Thank you so much again. heart I'll PM you if I ever need to talk about it more.

User Image
Bitway
I feel kind of bad posting this considering most people that post here in LI have it way worse than I do. But I'm not looking for advice, I just need someone to listen to me because a couple (not all) of my closer friends do a terrible job of it. Some time on Friday, an individual I really looked up to passed away and it essentially ruined my whole weekend.

I've felt depressed over it since finding out, to the point of almost considering cancelling my weekend plans of meeting friends at the weekend's local convention. I did have a good time and I got to see a lot of my friends but there were several instances where I did cry in front of one of my friends or came close to it, which is a huge thing for me because I absolutely never cry in public.

I don't know, this just feels really weird to be experiencing this. I honestly wish I'd sent him a letter or something while he was still alive considering he was one of the only surviving people in his profession that I really admired. I know obviously I didn't know him personally or anything but he was very important to me. I've already accepted what happened and I know the feeling will pass over time but it just makes me so sad.

User Image

I know it's painful when you lose someone in your life but over time pain goes what should never go is your memory of them that way they lived a life where people was touched by them

Irregular Gatekeeper

22,965 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Headstrong Believer 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
You can write the letter and send it off to a balloon or the Asian method of burning letters/gifts to those who have left us (it's sort of like transferring energy of a physical form into smoke as its closest form of ethereal, I'm sure you've seen in Anime of the Japanese culture in a more superstitious nature).

Sometimes art, popularity, love, existence, awareness, and stories (including letters) do not start until something is lost. As of the time before there was something to gain and had hindsight of being able to write anything. Now with no judgment you can write earnestly and the words can still be given to him. After all, it's words given to who you cared about, not to be remembered by them.

I'm sorry of the loss you still feel. I'm glad you're doing slightly better and getting good support.

Alien Cosmonaut

Trainer Aurora Rain
You can write the letter and send it off to a balloon or the Asian method of burning letters/gifts to those who have left us (it's sort of like transferring energy of a physical form into smoke as its closest form of ethereal, I'm sure you've seen in Anime of the Japanese culture in a more superstitious nature).

Sometimes art, popularity, love, existence, awareness, and stories (including letters) do not start until something is lost. As of the time before there was something to gain and had hindsight of being able to write anything. Now with no judgment you can write earnestly and the words can still be given to him. After all, it's words given to who you cared about, not to be remembered by them.

I'm sorry of the loss you still feel. I'm glad you're doing slightly better and getting good support.

I love the idea of sending a letter off attached to a balloon. It makes me think of the video game Animal Crossing and how you sometimes find presents tied to balloons... I think that would be a nice thing to do, I'm going to try writing a letter when I have a clearer conscience and can think of things to say easier.

Thank you for the advice and kind words. emotion_hug
I'm still feeling overwhelmed by everything, but I'm glad so many people have supported my feelings.

User Image

Irregular Gatekeeper

22,965 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Headstrong Believer 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
Bitway
I love the idea of sending a letter off attached to a balloon. It makes me think of the video game Animal Crossing and how you sometimes find presents tied to balloons... I think that would be a nice thing to do, I'm going to try writing a letter when I have a clearer conscience and can think of things to say easier.

I'm still feeling overwhelmed by everything, but I'm glad so many people have supported my feelings.

User Image

HA HA HA I hate those balloons, well I love them but I'm just so terrible at games where it has precision with speed. I may be good with precision but I panic so badly so I mess up my shots. Accuracy is nothing without speed since most targets aren't going to be still in anything. I once remember I sacrificed a big rare fish while running to get the balloon, I lost both... Bittersweet memories. I actually have a tab opened on debating to buy Animal Crossing Home Designer, I only played about 5 addictive days on the pre-order of Animal Crossing New Leaf. It must have been those balloons, man. Broke my spirit.

You're welcome~ I'm a friend that's habitually solitary, but I throw footprints at people once in awhile.

Alien Cosmonaut

Trainer Aurora Rain
Bitway

User Image

HA HA HA I hate those balloons, well I love them but I'm just so terrible at games where it has precision with speed. I may be good with precision but I panic so badly so I mess up my shots. Accuracy is nothing without speed since most targets aren't going to be still in anything. I once remember I sacrificed a big rare fish while running to get the balloon, I lost both... Bittersweet memories. I actually have a tab opened on debating to buy Animal Crossing Home Designer, I only played about 5 addictive days on the pre-order of Animal Crossing New Leaf. It must have been those balloons, man. Broke my spirit.

You're welcome~ I'm a friend that's habitually solitary, but I throw footprints at people once in awhile.

They're the absolute worst in the Gamecube game, and they're SO fast in the DS game I can rarely even catch them. Luckily in New Leaf the balloons are much slower than they used to be, but they're always only full of that crappy balloon furniture that doesn't even sell for much. lol I played my friend's copy of HHD and it's actually really fun if you're like me and like decorating your house super often. And as far as I know, there's no balloon chasing!

User Image

Bashful Browser

6,975 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
Losing someone you looked up to and cared about is not an easy or minor thing. Loss hurts, deep, the pain your feeling is valid. It's okay to cry, be upset or even angry. One thing I have learned is don't stuff your feelings. Grieving is natural and everyone grieves differently. Like many other people have said, writing a letter can be helpful, saying it out loud or sometimes crying out in ways words cannot express. Everyone is different. I know I have to talk through things with others to process stuff. I'm am truly sorry for your loss.

Fashionable Trader

7,690 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I felt this way for Monty Oum. He was the only artist, celebrity, anything that got me to cry. RWBY was the thing that helped me breakthrough my art wall and move into motion and color. It was the thing that helped me keep moving on when my life was at its lowest. Even now, I can watch those fights and feel the goosebumps, the fighting spirit, the struggle to fight against an ever-present pressure to just /continue/ living, the desire to put all your heart and soul into something because you BELIEVE hard enough in it, even if it's just survival...

And then the guy dies from an allergic reaction from a medical procedure.

His vision, cut short from the world on the rise to its peak.

Season 3 does not fill the gap, whoever has taken over has learned /nothing/ from Monty's sense of pacing and action. Even holding on to a person for /one/ frame too long can immediately smash the momentum of the entire fight, and don't even get me started on the fact that when Monty was running the show, there was no instance /ever/ where a character completely froze in place while actually moving. Maybe I'm looking at them with rose goggles, but like.... I see why Monty was a master of his craft.... if it didn't look good, he didn't compromise, he would work until it's done

sorry for rambling. I guess... you know... I just wanted to show you just /how much/ I understand how you feel, and that you shouldn't feel bad. Continue your passion carry on what they taught you, because you are the only one with YOUR experiences of that person

Alien Cosmonaut

DarlingAsh
Losing someone you looked up to and cared about is not an easy or minor thing. Loss hurts, deep, the pain your feeling is valid. It's okay to cry, be upset or even angry. One thing I have learned is don't stuff your feelings. Grieving is natural and everyone grieves differently. Like many other people have said, writing a letter can be helpful, saying it out loud or sometimes crying out in ways words cannot express. Everyone is different. I know I have to talk through things with others to process stuff. I'm am truly sorry for your loss.

Thank you, dear. heart I've felt better after letting my feelings out as they come, and talking through things with some of my closer friends has helped immensely. I can't say I've even ever really been faced with a lot of loss in my life so this, coupled with the fact a lot of the people I look up to (Monty Hall, Pat Sajak, Michael J. Fox, etc...) are now pretty old and probably going to pass in my lifetime, hits me pretty hard.

ahopefuldreamer
I felt this way for Monty Oum. He was the only artist, celebrity, anything that got me to cry. RWBY was the thing that helped me breakthrough my art wall and move into motion and color. It was the thing that helped me keep moving on when my life was at its lowest. Even now, I can watch those fights and feel the goosebumps, the fighting spirit, the struggle to fight against an ever-present pressure to just /continue/ living, the desire to put all your heart and soul into something because you BELIEVE hard enough in it, even if it's just survival...

And then the guy dies from an allergic reaction from a medical procedure.

His vision, cut short from the world on the rise to its peak.

Season 3 does not fill the gap, whoever has taken over has learned /nothing/ from Monty's sense of pacing and action. Even holding on to a person for /one/ frame too long can immediately smash the momentum of the entire fight, and don't even get me started on the fact that when Monty was running the show, there was no instance /ever/ where a character completely froze in place while actually moving. Maybe I'm looking at them with rose goggles, but like.... I see why Monty was a master of his craft.... if it didn't look good, he didn't compromise, he would work until it's done

sorry for rambling. I guess... you know... I just wanted to show you just /how much/ I understand how you feel, and that you shouldn't feel bad. Continue your passion carry on what they taught you, because you are the only one with YOUR experiences of that person

I can't say I could ever really get into RWBY but I know how important Monty Oum was to a lot of people, and what happened to him saddens me as well. A similar thing happened with Bert Convy, he was going to be the host of the 1990s version of Match Game and did a fantastic job of it in the few episodes he taped, but then he got too sick to keep doing it, and the Match Game revival that did come long after the fact was actually pretty horrible. When someone excels at something, they can never truly be replaced.

Thank you for your kind words, I'm happy to have someone to relate to.

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces