Welcome to Gaia! ::

Romantic Lover

And what did you say to them?
Just asking because I get to meet my favourite band Marianas Trench in a few months.

ALSO: IF you bought VIP tickets when did you get them? just cause I bought mine in november, and still havent got them.

Garbage Consumer

I met Kelen Capener of The Story So Far when they played here in Toledo, Ohio and I just kinda nodded at him and he said "Sup?" and we had a conversation about Toledo and its weather and smoked. they're really close friends with a local band here from Toledo called Citizen, so we talked about them too.

Band members get weirded out if you treat them like a celebrity, they really just want you to be friends with them and not make the situation really weird, however because you're doing a meet and greet, just tell them you really appreciate everything they do for their fans and let them know that youre a continuous supporter.

I recently saw and met The Ghost Inside, and the other day they got into a really bad accident; the last thing I said to them that their support and love for their bands and for what they do keeps people going- and I hope theyd remember that in a hard time like this.

Romantic Lover

Nouveaux Romantics
I met Kelen Capener of The Story So Far when they played here in Toledo, Ohio and I just kinda nodded at him and he said "Sup?" and we had a conversation about Toledo and its weather and smoked. they're really close friends with a local band here from Toledo called Citizen, so we talked about them too.

Band members get weirded out if you treat them like a celebrity, they really just want you to be friends with them and not make the situation really weird, however because you're doing a meet and greet, just tell them you really appreciate everything they do for their fans and let them know that youre a continuous supporter.

I recently saw and met The Ghost Inside, and the other day they got into a really bad accident; the last thing I said to them that their support and love for their bands and for what they do keeps people going- and I hope theyd remember that in a hard time like this.
yeah I know lol I just don't wanna say anything they hear all the time, you know? And I've never heard of any of those bands but that sounds cool.

And dang, hope that Band is okay.

sidplusnancy's Partner In Crime

Transcendent Apparition

I got to meet the members of Rush back in May (just Alex and Geddy, though). Rush is and always has been one of my favorite bands. My dad won a pair of meet-n-greet passes as well as tickets to the show. I have a hard time talking to people anyway, so when I was in the presence of the great Alex Lifeson, I was unable to say a word. He is really sweet, though. So is Geddy.

Romantic Lover

pikagirl678
I got to meet the members of Rush back in May (just Alex and Geddy, though). Rush is and always has been one of my favorite bands. My dad won a pair of meet-n-greet passes as well as tickets to the show. I have a hard time talking to people anyway, so when I was in the presence of the great Alex Lifeson, I was unable to say a word. He is really sweet, though. So is Geddy.
oh dang that stinks, but sounds like it was awesome anyway!
I'm actually really nervous and I haven't even bought my ticket package yet lol the concert isn't till April too lol I've never met anyone, and I don't wanna freeze up and not say anything, or say the wrong thing...or emberass myself. Plus i get a personal photo with them too.....
I've never met in person but I've spoken with some of my favorite musicians/bands on social media.

It's always just been casual stuff i was so happy when I saw that they responded I was like OMG

Romantic Lover

XStr8EdgeX
I've never met in person but I've spoken with some of my favorite musicians/bands on social media.

It's always just been casual stuff i was so happy when I saw that they responded I was like OMG
ah well thats exciting too
yeah i was meeting dead muscians before the day the music died
RoseColouredPetal
Just asking because I get to meet my favourite band Marianas Trench in a few months (Just have to get the VIP package this week when I get payed lols.)

I've met so many bands, which include my fav,
What to say? ask to take a selfish, thank them for their time, what's their song to preform, or fave drink..,or fangirl out saying how much you love them, because they've never heard that ever...

My sister met miyavy and he did not disappoint. Hope everything works out

Romantic Lover

emoboykills
RoseColouredPetal
Just asking because I get to meet my favourite band Marianas Trench in a few months (Just have to get the VIP package this week when I get payed lols.)

I've met so many bands, which include my fav,
What to say? ask to take a selfish, thank them for their time, what's their song to preform, or fave drink..,or fangirl out saying how much you love them, because they've never heard that ever...

My sister met miyavy and he did not disappoint. Hope everything works out

thanks. I just don't wanna say the same thing that they always hear you know. xD
i think i might go into star struck mode if i ever had to do a face to face with someone like aaron dilloway.

he's quiet, im quiet, i wouldn't be able to make much eye contact especially if it was a situation like after a show.
I met Cameron Clarke once. He was very handsome and nice and signed an autograph for me and i bought all his albums

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
I met John Doe which was cool. I told him that my mom took me to see X years ago and he said I had a pretty cool mom.

I also got to meet the members of Faust which was really cool. Just talked to them about art and their music.

My mom and my aunt aparently met a lot of punk bands during the 80's. My mom told me that they got to hang out with the damned back stage at the whiskey and drank the whole band under the table. Like these hard drinking English punks were being put to shame by these short American girls and then they invited them to go on stage with them. My aunt aparently tried to do a stage dive and no one caught her.

Devoted Explorer

Only through email, Skype, and Facebook, have I talked to a musician I am very good friends with. This may sound kind of silly, but his music really saved me from a lot of dark weight I was carrying at the time.

When I first emailed him I was so scared that I wouldn't get a reply back and/ or if I did get a reply I would get a generic/ "disappointing" response. A week or so passed and I received the most thoughtful reply! Since about 2008, we've been great friends.
Met members from both Cage the Elephant and The Growlers.
Didn't talk about anything special really. Just talked s**t.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff