Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Poster

8,850 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cool Cat 500
9 News

Quote:
(NEWSER) – An absolutely awful story out of Houston, where police say four children were left alone Monday night and their mother came home to find one of them dead.

The two 3-year-old siblings of the 19-month-old little girl who died, J'Zyra Thompson, told authorities that one of them put the baby in the oven and the other one turned it on and made it "hot," ABC 13 reports.

J'Zyra, they said, kicked the oven door while she was trapped inside. The oldest sibling, 5, was apparently asleep at the time, Click2Houston reports.

When Racquel Thompson, the children's mother, returned home from going out with her boyfriend to get takeout pizza and pick up a prescription, she attempted CPR, but it was too late.

J'Zyra died of multiple burns. Police say Racquel Thompson had left the children without informing a grandmother who also lived at the apartment complex. The three surviving children are in foster care, as CPS could not find suitable relatives to care for them. Criminal charges are expected, though none have yet been filed.

Swashbuckling Inquisitor

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Stories like this make a VERY strong argument for eugenics. emotion_facepalm

HOW THE ******** CAN PARENTS LEAVE FOUR TODDLERS ALONE BY THEMSELVES?!?!

Dedicated Firestarter

23,975 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Firestarter 200
Another story about parents leaving their kids alone and one of them getting killed. Wow.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Is it really possible for a three year old to carry and put a 19-month-old baby in an oven? I can maybe see them turning on the oven cause they can find ways to climb. But I having a hard time with the rest of it.

annnd repeating what Kaiser said

Lonely Poster

8,850 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cool Cat 500
Nyadriel
Is it really possible for a three year old to carry and put a 19-month-old baby in an oven? I can maybe see them turning on the oven cause they can find ways to climb. But I having a hard time with the rest of it.

There were two siblings, and it's possible they (ugh), dragged her and shoved her in.

The oven in my kitchen is on the floor, not elevated and the knob is only a few inches above the door. Their oven must've been of a similiar setup.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
I don't understand how this happened.

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Seriously, what the hell did the mom think would happen? Did she really think a 5 year old is old enough to look after their siblings? The kids grandma lived in the same damn apartment complex, you can't tell me she had a hard time finding someone to watch the ******** kids. I hope she never gets her kids back. They're young enough to imprint on someone who will take parenting them seriously. They deserve that much the minute they are popped out, so hopefully they'll get it the second time around.

Also what the ******** is wrong with those three year olds, "She was kicking at the door". Maybe you should let her the ******** out. Maybe you shouldn't put babies in the goddamn oven. I know the saying is 'you've got a bun in the oven' but it no longer applies when the baby is born. But then, they wouldn't have exactly had great parental guidance to teach them 'nothing living goes in the oven' so I don't know why I'm surprised. They are gonna need to be watched like hawks. ******** putting babies in ovens...they ain't a rack of baby back ribs! s**t. Probably were hungry and maybe saw momma put things the same size and general shape as a baby in there and presto chango they got food and just made a bad association.

Hopefully they'll have no memory, and people won't hold it over their heads. Hopefully whatever family they go to changes their names completely and never mention it to protect them. Hopefully that family will still watch them very closely and never, EVER leave them unattended. Hopefully they'll get therapy and never have to know why. But hope is a tricky thing, and with the cards these kids were dealt, s**t is stacked against 'em. I guess the best I can really hope for is that when they find out the truth of what they did, they are walked through it, and are able to cope.
Nyadriel

I have a three-year-old and can confirm that they can, indeed, carry a 19-month-old. Opening an oven is incredibly easy for children. They likely just plopped the baby in, not necessarily neatly on the rack.

Aged Noob

12,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
xXFurygeistXx
Also what the ******** is wrong with those three year olds,

Well, they're three years old. They likely do not have a full understanding of what is going on and what they did.
The nascent children's science show "But Will It Bake?" was cancelled by networks following outcries from social media.
I wonder how they'll feel about what they've done once they're old enough to understand what death means.

Powerhungry Genius

44,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
emotion_facepalm Talk about a parenting fail...

Adorable Fisher

I don't like how people in this thread are making jokes about it. React, yes. Joke? A baby was burned to death by her own siblings.
Malee
xXFurygeistXx
Also what the ******** is wrong with those three year olds,

Well, they're three years old. They likely do not have a full understanding of what is going on and what they did.

Actually, at that age, the children should definitely know that the oven means hot and hot means hurt. This is a fault on the parents for obviously not teaching the children properly. I have a three and four-year-old and they definitely have an understanding of what causes pain and that many actions can lead to death.

O.G. Firestarter

22,425 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
I'm guessing the mom just expected the pizza and meds to be a couple of quick stops. gonk

I just have so many more questions here and there doesn't seem to be a polite way to ask any of them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff