Welcome to Gaia! ::

CrackedJewel's Fangirl

Naughty Nerd

`Hydro
Freckles was 149 GC and didn't even have a hidden pose, though.
It does have a hidden pose, left arm raise. It's a very subtle blush. ninja

on topic: as many have said, the price was probably hiked because they know people will buy them... <u< I was disappointed my item wasn't 99gc as well, but alas. We don't get to pick the prices :c
Otherwise there woulda been 2000+ freckles for 99gc to let more people have them and drive the prices of them down down down!

Obsessive Hoarder

39,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Wry Dealer 500
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
To be fair, on the halo front, I'm guessing that the infinity halo would sell a lot better than the "Star of David" halo if for no other reason than the sort of audience it would appeal to. The infinity halo has no denomination, and would be useful to many people... while the "Star of David" halo speaks to a specific audience.

Like, I'd have no problem wearing the infinity halo... while I'd feel a little weird wearing the other for... reasons.

Y'know? Not besmirching it or anything, it looks cool and all... but... yeah.

Also, you're BRAIN, the sheer number of followers you have insures they'll sell a bunch regardless. Master Jew's fans are fewer in number.

I figure they just price things on how cool they think they are. Not all Gaian created items will appeal to a large audience, so they price accordingly.

Attila The Chad's Widower

Bad Boy

they know everybody gonna pay top dollar for that booty surprised

LadyShi's Husband

Handsome Noob

Meromictic

B R A I N
Meromictic
There have been other user items that have sold at a higher value. iirc Razumi's hair was sold at a higher price for the recolor. While not the single pose item, The Legend of Castle Town was priced higher than Wayward Son. 999GC vs 499GC.

Those pricing the items probably felt that users would find more value in your item and priced accordingly. If anything, they see how other Brain items are doing in the MP and then assume that this item will do just as well. If users are going to continue to sell your items at a higher price, then chances are they will have to buy them at a higher price.

I just dont really understand, maybe if there was more work on certain poses (more complex, higher the value)

but this isn't the case because infinity halo isn't as complex and likely same level as Master Halo (tbh i think Master Halo is more complex than infinity), but being both baby golden ticket halos, it make sense for them to be valued at same gc -- but how come infinity is 199gc and Master Halo is 99gc ?

The market values are affected by their GC, since the item is higher gc value, the supply wont be as abundant, so naturally it be priced higher in gold value (unless i wait several months later when demand is at lowest).

it's like pricing decisions are made based on what may or may not do well (which is guessing), i think this method is borderline discriminatory - i somewhat feel oppressed emo

Isn't that the same for anything that has a name brand? If you didn't want the skin have a higher price tag, then you probably needed it to not have your image plastered all over it. Brain items are popular with users. Other brain items have sold out in the past. There was an event with your name on it and they continue to sell the bundles that you made with the obsidian ticket.

You're popular, your stuff is popular, it's going to cost users to buy it a la iphone style. If being that popular makes you feel oppressed, I suggest taking a step back from the lime light and possibly redeeming tickets with other themes in mind. Plenty of users have the purchasing power to afford the current price tag and I do not feel the item was overpriced. If you feel that way, I can guarantee it wasn't done to spite or "oppress" anyone but done as marketing thought process.

Thank you for thinking highly of me .. and even consider me to be a hot commodity redface but I humbly insist that I consider myself like any other gaian, who just wish to be creative and have fun with the project custom tickets. I think most anyone who have a load of ideas would not hesitate to use the tickets if given the opportunity to do so - and I've been lucky in this department. And actually since my I am less active here, my ticket-related presence is pretty toned down imho.

And don't take my "oppressive" stance literally, that's just me being satirical (I do this often, since my BRAIN character is a satire itself, purpose is harmless comedy). But my actual point is, though flattering that gaia thinks my item should be valued more, it's kinda a disadvantage - since after all, I wish nothing more but to have the item more available to everyone. I myself been distributing it without pre-condition, but since the standard is set higher, its more difficult for me to do so. I have 3 individuals who helped me get extra supplies, but their budget is limited - example if they could only spend $8, most they get is 5 copies (if gcash is on sale) -- it could be 10 copies if it wasn't priced twice the amount, and I can gift 10 people instead of 5. And since I am not as active on this site, my pure-budget is extremely limited making it more difficult for me to find decent suppliers (who are willing to sell me at what I consider to be fair market value instead of inflated value).

I just want CS custom items to be treated the same standard - value the same in gcash, giving creators equal chances to get supplies or even sell out. Since selling out will give us opportunity to recolor for free and have more supplies of that recolor ( recoloring with rainbow do cost a lot, plus the amount is extra limited, unlike being in the cash shop).

I think most gaians who invested in these tickets (that allows 1000 units or more to be sold in CS or Gold Shops), invested for the purpose of sharing their creation with more users. Setting the gcash value higher, (which may be flattering) is actually a disadvantage for such users and goes against their goals.

LadyShi's Husband

Handsome Noob

.~[Misty.Muffin]~.
`Hydro

on topic: as many have said, the price was probably hiked because they know people will buy them... <u< I was disappointed my item wasn't 99gc as well, but alas. We don't get to pick the prices :c
Otherwise there woulda been 2000+ freckles for 99gc to let more people have them and drive the prices of them down down down!

oh i missed this item, i was away - I just look it up and it even layers on my new skin

yeah this is my exact sentiment, more supplies.. the more affordable it is in the market

naturally if it's priced higher in GC, the supplies wont be as abundant

LadyShi's Husband

Handsome Noob

.~[Misty.Muffin]~.
`Hydro

oh i missed this item, i was away - I just look it up and it even layers on my new skin

yeah this is my exact sentiment, more supplies.. the more affordable it is in the market - naturally if it's priced higher in GC, the supplies would likely be not as abundant

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
lol Well it would be nice if Gaia released items at the same price they were originally released at. I'm kicking myself for buying something at a Black Friday for 30$ and then two years later it's rereleased for 3$. Makes me not want to buy things in the CS anymore, knowing the price is just going to plummet.

Except the opposite with the same result in your case...

CrackedJewel's Fangirl

Naughty Nerd

B R A I N
.~[Misty.Muffin]~.
`Hydro

yeah this is my exact sentiment, more supplies.. the more affordable it is in the market - naturally if it's priced higher in GC, the supplies would likely be not as abundant

That's good! I'm glad it layers over skins well * u* I doubt they'd look very nice layered over the gold tho.

Yeah. emo Freckles did sell out, but it's still too highly priced for my tastes. >:c But the creators only get to create, not decide it's worth.
(depending on the ticket used, anyways <__<
agree, doesnt make sense... favoring people with their tickets is unfair
braindashian is too fab though xD
I definitely think it's unfair that items made using the same ticket type can be sold for different prices. Especially considering that several tickets give you a bonus prize if your item sells out. It's putting some people at an arbitrary disadvantage.

Angelic Guardian

I think part of the issue falls on the consumer side.
Many consumers (myself included on occasion) purchase these LE items in hopes of selling them for a profit. Meaning the less there are and the higher their purchase price, the more g they can be sold for.

I myself did this for the Freckles item. I have one for myself and one to sell. There are a great many of high priced Items from the rigs that I would like to purchase from the MP. And this is the best way I can come up with the g to do so.

Ruthless Vampire

40,500 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
You could say this proves Gaia's marketing department has no BRAINs? blaugh

Sparkly Kitten

53,900 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Cat Fancier 100
I thought the original infinity halo did sell for 99gc while the Astherienity one sold for 199gc. Either way the current halo even with hidden pose is a lot less pixeling work than a full on modified skin. It makes sense to sell for more... Kind of. :/

LadyShi's Husband

Handsome Noob

Tenshichan~dream
I thought the original infinity halo did sell for 99gc while the Astherienity one sold for 199gc. Either way the current halo even with hidden pose is a lot less pixeling work than a full on modified skin. It makes sense to sell for more... Kind of. :/

infinity did sell for 199gc
i wont forget because i have a supplier, willing to supply me 100 but can only do 50 since the item is valued twice more than most baby golden ticket items

if the reason was more pixeling or work affects the value would be a valid point, but this is debunked by using infinity halo as example, same with my brainagotchi (paw skin)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff