Welcome to Gaia! ::

Feral Diedrich

I actually recently bought the Agape's Cut item, and I use it sometimes.

Sure, we also have the Sketchbook items that give us hairpins that modify some hairstyles. But it's different from Agape.

Ethereal Trickster

21,240 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I still use it, but it may be because I lack other items to use as well. I've found other tricks in layering to compensate for issues Agape may have anyway.

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
I definitely still use Agape, and a variety of other hair (and clothing) cuts on a regular basis. Sometimes you even need to combine a few to get the look you like. I like the rainbow bob which I can get from Rainbow Assassin's Rose locks, but I need both Agape to cut the hair short & Sketchbook pins to remove the roses (otherwise they float there).

Easter Eggs are great, but sometimes you just want to trim a little off, and Agape or Sketchbook pins still see plenty of love from me when I want a short cut instead of a long one for a particular avi. I do think that there's less use being made of creating unique styles utilising modifying items with more recent item releases, but sometimes I'll use older hairstyles too, where the scissors do something special. I don't think of Agape as dead, though I'd always like to see more cutting items. The one trim that I'd like to see is the reverse of the Alleycat's Allure which would turn a long top or a dress into a skirt.

Stubborn Gifter

I say it's half and half. It is true that lately we only see agape either does shorten the hair, remove accessories, and remove color or streaks. However, isn't that what Agape started in the first place? I remembered when we discovered the combination, people like how it will shorten the hair and such before artists started to get more creative. So who knows if the artists has other creative ideas to test it out or haven't broaden their artistic yet.

For Jonron's Compadre

Hopeless Trash

21,650 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
I still use mine a lot! We just have more mod options now to split "secret poses" between

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

I am boring and use the same hair 95% of the time, but when I do wear other hair, I find the various hair modding items fun to play with.

I always have to remind myself when trying on hairs in the marketplace that the Altair bun I wear with my usual hairstyle tends to affect hairstyles like the Sketchbook pins.

Mikey's Rizzler

Egg

User Image

I still use it a lot for most hair styles

Angelic Blob

I mainly use it because it crops hair so nicely.

Although I am aware of the 'secret' poses, they were never my main interest in the item. However, if newer artists become of the agape, that would be nice.

I am personally up for more scissor based items.

Garbage

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I use mine every chance I get! I'm actually using Agape on my current hairstyle.
I tend to like the shorter version of hairstyles since most long hair styles tend to be obnoxiously long or they have some odd accessory/color accent that I love to cut off.

Sexy Punk

40,340 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Fearsome 200
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Friend of the Goat 100
I only got my scissors last year and I love using them! The only ones I had no use for were the hime bangs so I sold those.

Snowy Fairy

23,440 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Distrustul Officer 50
This thread made me go buy Agape's Cut (after spending a couple hours doing offers to earn the GC), I had no idea it did anything other than chop hairstyles!

Retro Punk

Question : when people use the Agape's cut , do you take in consideration how it looks from the back ?

Cuz on some wigs/hairs it does not cut the hair properly. And that goes for a lot of hats too.

Questing Alchemist

39,425 Points
  • Exciting Experiment 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Master Converter 500
I will grant that as of this writing, I don't have it equipped, but I use Agape and Hime Cut a lot. Part of the fun of getting new wigs is to see how they look with the different cuts equipped.

Hungry Immortal

38,775 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Cookie Collector 400
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
Don't quite know what you're talking about, I'm using agape all the time. Bless, it's been on my wishlist for so long before someone suddenly donated to me. (thanks again :> wink

Aged Hoarder

I use agape, but not as much since I don't remember what each hair does and I don't need to devote my memory to that. =/ Same wiht hairpins.

What I actually use every time is hime bangs, since I don't like hair coloring my face. Gotta show off my scars.

I think the excitement is gone. I usually count on it to remove bows, but there's no secret club since it's relatively easy to get.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff