Welcome to Gaia! ::

MercurialRapscallion's Significant Otter

Anxious Cultist

37,525 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Bookworm 100
PrincessKitteh
Also of note, not all protest avvies will necessarily use the sign, since we've been following our own little themes. Ex: Pretty in Pink, Sit Down to Stand up, Back to Nature, zOMG! Tribute... As a result, not all are constantly incorporating the sign as they're still pretty easy to spot for those who know about the day's theme.

But honestly, I don't mind the ones that are off theme? It's easy to just skip over them and ignore them and it's not like Gaia usually obsessively shoves them in your face given that at this point there's more on-theme entries than misses.
How do you pick out of those that win? O.O that's a bit confusing but interesting then/

Smitten Kitten

28,775 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
dark priestess kikyou
PrincessKitteh
Also of note, not all protest avvies will necessarily use the sign, since we've been following our own little themes. Ex: Pretty in Pink, Sit Down to Stand up, Back to Nature, zOMG! Tribute... As a result, not all are constantly incorporating the sign as they're still pretty easy to spot for those who know about the day's theme.

But honestly, I don't mind the ones that are off theme? It's easy to just skip over them and ignore them and it's not like Gaia usually obsessively shoves them in your face given that at this point there's more on-theme entries than misses.
How do you pick out of those that win? O.O that's a bit confusing but interesting then/

I'm afraid I don't understand the question? It's easy to spot a protest avvie following the protest theme through just basic voting(if you're aware of the theme). For instance, if you see a zOMG-themed avvie today, it's more than likely a protester(or someone who picked the strangest day to submit a zOMG-themed avvie but I digress).

Anxious Cultist

37,525 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Bookworm 100
PrincessKitteh
dark priestess kikyou
PrincessKitteh

I'm afraid I don't understand the question? It's easy to spot a protest avvie following the protest theme through just basic voting(if you're aware of the theme). For instance, if you see a zOMG-themed avvie today, it's more than likely a protester(or someone who picked the strangest day to submit a zOMG-themed avvie but I digress).
Ok but you don't pick a ZOMG person to win the contest of sorts.. alright, I think I was a bit confused too but that'd be interesting to have a contest in a contest, that's just me however. Well that's still pretty interesting I guess.

Adored Kitten

I have to admit, I tend to get irritated when I see non-protest avis in the mix. I feel like people who put the effort into matching the theme are being slapped in the face. I've seen a fair few of them in the Cash comps too which doesn't make sense to me. I mean you're paying money to have nothing to do with the theme. And then some of them actually get votes above others that were following the theme. I can understand some people won't vote for the protest avis - honestly I didn't understand why there were SOS posters in half of the avis I'd come across until I read the thread.

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
Eruden Ki
I was so excited. I saved it, and it saved using what inventory I had. XD I almost submitted my half completed avatar.

I imagine some people even do it with their current avatar, meaning to submit a different avatar. It's so easy to forget if you're excited about a design.
I've nearly always presumed this is what happened when I see an avatar that totally misses the theme. At least for the cash and gold contests. The free one...eh, half this and half 'joke' entries would be my guess. You see the same thing (half-assed entries) in the regular Avatar Arena so it must happen here as well. Probably a 2/3 excited mistake to 1/3 'joke' explanation for the gold fee contest.

This is just my guess, but it's the presumption I mentally make when I see them come up.

Shady Specter

dark priestess kikyou
PrincessKitteh
dark priestess kikyou
PrincessKitteh

Ok but you don't pick a ZOMG person to win the contest of sorts.. alright, I think I was a bit confused too but that'd be interesting to have a contest in a contest, that's just me however. Well that's still pretty interesting I guess.

I like that the protesters are trying to do stuff to make runway fun for them, but I honestly think that if they are going to try and make a "contest in a contest" they could just make their own avatar contest in the forums.

I saw that some of them prefer voting for protesters over people who actually fit the runway theme. It's a little upsetting for people who try to fit the theme, but get voted under a protester. It probably doesn't affect the top five or people who get a lot of votes for fitting the theme, but it isn't fair for people who do fit the theme miss out on votes compared to those who don't fit the theme.

Anxious Cultist

37,525 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Bookworm 100
polarbeargal
dark priestess kikyou
PrincessKitteh
dark priestess kikyou
PrincessKitteh

I like that the protesters are trying to do stuff to make runway fun for them, but I honestly think that if they are going to try and make a "contest in a contest" they could just make their own avatar contest in the forums.

I saw that some of them prefer voting for protesters over people who actually fit the runway theme. It's a little upsetting for people who try to fit the theme, but get voted under a protester. It probably doesn't affect the top five or people who get a lot of votes for fitting the theme, but it isn't fair for people who do fit the theme miss out on votes compared to those who don't fit the theme.
Yeah, and that's part of what upsets me honestly. But yeah, I have to agree it is nice they are at least making it fun for themselves while doing it. ^_^ Now that I know what's going on I'm not nearly as annoyed as I was so even if my thread is getting downvoted every time anyone votes I'm glad I put it up cause I did learn a lot.

Edit: Oh wow, I got upvoted to 0 that's cool!

Mind-boggling Bookworm

I usually skip over them when I see is off theme.

That and I had no idea a protest was going on.><;

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces