Welcome to Gaia! ::

IdkSagie's Husband

Advanced Kin

12,000 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Popular Thread 100
Beauty of Grace

That makes sense, I was wondering when I posted it whether they would use the account name or the IP address. I'm constantly logged into two accounts (this one on chrome, and another on incognito mode) but it certainly isn't for gold gaining. The only gold the other account gains is for navigating the site and the odd post (maybe like, one a week XD ). It's strictly for organization purposes because I'm a little bit of a. . . perfectionist? That's not the right word, but I can't think of what the right one would be.

I'm totes fine with how quickly my lv 43 Sakura makes gold anyway XD

It's a very accurate name for you! These guides are superb <3 I keep referring to your Cereus guide as I level up my new baby.

Happy to hear! And don't worry about it, as long as they don't see you making tons of trades every day funneling gold etc. from your mule to your account, you're all good. c:

And I'm happy to hear you got some use from my guides! >w<

Unholy Prophet

23,600 Points
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Abomination 100
Willebus
Beauty of Grace
Willebus
BloodyLovely
Willebus

Oh, yeah. I get you now. That would be categorised as an exploit. You're right. That would be bannable. 3nodding

Yas yas, now I'm not sure of how much Gaia checks the packet traffic, but if they do and your name is on that list in the interval of 10 seconds, registered as killing a Sycamorte twice, I'm pretty certain your butt gets banned. '-'

I mean sure, risk it if you wanna, but I wouldn't.

One possible way to get around that (I've never tried and I never will, but I would guess this would work) would be to use two browsers (or the incognito browser of Chrome) to be logged into two accounts at the same time and put them next to each other. You'd need two sycamorte killing kins though, but logically it should work? I've never tried and never will, but yeah.

Also, thanks for this guide!
I saw someone call you Kindred's Professor Oak, and I think that's a very good way to put it XD

Depends really, look at it like this.

If they send a packet to your computer, that means they send it to your IP aswell, correct?

That means your IP is visible and they could then check if the MAC address is the same (MAC address is the same thing as your device's serial number). Sure, I suppose you could bypass the MAC address by using a tablet or a phone simultaneously with your computer, but yes you would need two accounts, but that's ALSO traceable.

They stated in the ToS aswell that having mules strictly to accumulate gold and funnel it to one account is also a bannable offence.

Now I'm certain I'm being a bit over-dramatic because Gaia probably wouldn't take such measures to counter-act it until they see visible changes on the MP, but I personally still wouldn't risk it, because it's easy as pie to track.

And thank you, yes! Someone did call me Kindred's Professor Oak and it absolutely made my day! x'D

I hope you get some use out of the guide~

Two things:

Gaia can't see your Mac address and using a VPN would hide your IP.

You could even go as far as to use a virtual machine.

It sounds like way too much work for me but it's definitely possible.

IdkSagie's Husband

Advanced Kin

12,000 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Popular Thread 100
tiamat the ticklish

Two things:

Gaia can't see your Mac address and using a VPN would hide your IP.

You could even go as far as to use a virtual machine.

It sounds like way too much work for me but it's definitely possible.

If their staff security have any clue on what they're doing, they can track your MAC address. Using VPNs would hide your IP but they'd still be able to see that someone's trading an awful lot of gold from one account to the other over and over and suspect you for it.

And as I said, I'm probably being overdramatic, because Gaia probably won't be taking such measures until they see big changes on the Marketplace, but still.

Better safe than sorry eh?

Princess Snack

31,650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Abomination 100
Another guide, nice! I always enjoy reading these.

I have a few suggestions based on readability, since you seem to be making guides regularly now.

• You really want to crop those screenshots. They're huge images, and force people to scroll right to see what's going on. Even better if you could re-size them to fit within a 600px size. There's not much detail and the images don't need to be large for us to tell what's going on.
  • Bullet points and left-align would make it easier to read your points. The center-align makes a zigzagging line as we read through the page, which makes it harder to read quickly.
  • Bolding important points, especially for skills in your pets guides would be great. You could also color your headers so they'd stand out more. Most people break up their guides into a few pieces and use more than one post so the parts are differentiated. It all helps readability, since otherwise it's a big block of text.

I'm kind of surprised you list Barkhest as one of the OP kins. Are you going to do a guide about that? It might also be worthwhile to link to your other guides for a bit of self-promotion, and so we can find these more easily. We get a ton of spam posts every day and since you have so many guides, at least a few of them are going to fall off the front page regularly.

IdkSagie's Husband

Advanced Kin

12,000 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Popular Thread 100
hexsy

I have a few suggestions based on readability, since you seem to be making guides regularly now.

• You really want to crop those screenshots. They're huge images, and force people to scroll right to see what's going on. Even better if you could re-size them to fit within a 600px size. There's not much detail and the images don't need to be large for us to tell what's going on.
  • Bullet points and left-align would make it easier to read your points. The center-align makes a zigzagging line as we read through the page, which makes it harder to read quickly.
  • Bolding important points, especially for skills in your pets guides would be great. You could also color your headers so they'd stand out more. Most people break up their guides into a few pieces and use more than one post so the parts are differentiated. It all helps readability, since otherwise it's a big block of text.

I'm kind of surprised you list Barkhest as one of the OP kins. Are you going to do a guide about that? It might also be worthwhile to link to your other guides for a bit of self-promotion, and so we can find these more easily. We get a ton of spam posts every day and since you have so many guides, at least a few of them are going to fall off the front page regularly.

Thanks Hexsy, and I would very much like to upgrade myself a bit on the graphical side, I'm not too good at it, but I'll try my best and start making progress on the other guides I have for now, then I'll try to make other guides better.

I listed Barkhest as one of the OP kins because it packs a heavy punch and with confuse it can make or break a Sycamorte kill.

I might be doing a guide on Barkhest yes, for now I'm just going to try and manage school and make sure that I don't actually have things to do again, then I'll start thinking out what a good kin to make a guide on could be, especially since the Ember the Spirited one I made people weren't too happy about.

Once more, thanks again for providing points I can upgrade the visual part of the guides on and I will try to use this as guidelines.

Princess Snack

31,650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Abomination 100
Willebus
hexsy

Thanks Hexsy, and I would very much like to upgrade myself a bit on the graphical side, I'm not too good at it, but I'll try my best and start making progress on the other guides I have for now, then I'll try to make other guides better.

I listed Barkhest as one of the OP kins because it packs a heavy punch and with confuse it can make or break a Sycamorte kill.

I might be doing a guide on Barkhest yes, for now I'm just going to try and manage school and make sure that I don't actually have things to do again, then I'll start thinking out what a good kin to make a guide on could be, especially since the Ember the Spirited one I made people weren't too happy about.

Once more, thanks again for providing points I can upgrade the visual part of the guides on and I will try to use this as guidelines.
No problem, thanks for making these guides. I refer to them pretty often.

Rich Teenager

15,265 Points
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
  • Alien Invasion 50
  • Brilliant Light 450
sorry to comment again, but which one of the OP Kin hit hardest? (take away the most HP from a Sycamorte)

Anti Hero

Lovely guide as usual, I can't wait till I start killing trees quite often ><

(Off-topic: Willie, do you know about anyone who would be interested on trading a lvl 1 sakura for my new lvl 1 ember that I won? I really want a sakura x-x I ask you since you seem to know alot of people here! I'm willing to add a lil gold if needed of course.)

IdkSagie's Husband

Advanced Kin

12,000 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Popular Thread 100
Ebola Potato
sorry to comment again, but which one of the OP Kin hit hardest? (take away the most HP from a Sycamorte)

Either Cereus or Pumperilla! c:

IdkSagie's Husband

Advanced Kin

12,000 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Popular Thread 100
Vyrelost

(Off-topic: Willie, do you know about anyone who would be interested on trading a lvl 1 sakura for my new lvl 1 ember that I won? I really want a sakura x-x I ask you since you seem to know alot of people here! I'm willing to add a lil gold if needed of course.)

Thank you. And I'm afraid I don't know anyone who would!

Although I wish you the best of luck with it!

Rich Teenager

15,265 Points
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
  • Alien Invasion 50
  • Brilliant Light 450
Willebus
Ebola Potato

Either Cereus or Pumperilla! c:

tyvm!

Anti Hero

Willebus
Vyrelost

Thank you. And I'm afraid I don't know anyone who would!

Although I wish you the best of luck with it!

Well that's ok, thank you! smile

KindofLame's Princess

Familiar Conventioneer

I just got 1b from a sycamorte
Should I be worried

Friendly Bibliophile

Quote:
All the Sycamorte of Lake Kindred are growing in power! Is it to rise to the challenge your partner Kin present? Is it to defend the forest? Who knows!! Starting now, Sycamorte will have increased stats! Also, it seems like they're spoils have changed!

From the Official Update thread.

Undead Enchantress

14Mushrooms
I just got 1b from a sycamorte
Should I be worried
Drops have been nerfed.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers