Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shameless Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Wondering if anyone out there has one. I'm a really effeminate guy who wants to change my avatar to a girl for cute items to look right, but I don't know if that's considered weird if I still prefer to call my avatar or myself male.

Celestial Spirit

You wouldn't be the first. If you're worried about people being confused, you can always put a note in your signature to clarify, as some others do. ^_^

Aged Hoarder

Some of our "most famous" users are gender switched. Just add something to your sig that says, like "Girl avi, boy IRL" or something. I don't know why I'm expected to keep it straight, but anyway, yeah, it's not weird. Just don't get offended if your gender is switched sometimes.

minghii's Compadre

Sexy Bun

Heyo! I'm one of those folks with avatars that don't match their gender.
It's not weird at all. Just do what you like.
It's just silly pixels in the end, you don't have to make a big deal out of it.

Hairy Fairy

37,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Over Easy 100
plenty of users dress up their avatar as another gender than the one they identify irl! i do it sometimes, it's fun
you make your own rules, friend, so have a blasty blast. there's tons of items to play with c:

Let Me Live's Significant Otter

Laureled Peacemaker

45,925 Points
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Peacekeeper 500
  • Shopkeep's Apprentice 500

I'me a female that usually has male avatars. Even the female ones are on a male base.

Shameless Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Thanks, guys. I'm not worried about being called she pr anything, I just don't want people's perception to be skewered when I tell them I'm a boy <:

Dedicated Treasure-Seeker

It doesn't matter, just tell people if or when it's relevant. Mostly it isn't, unless you're being hit on by a gender you would prefer not to be or if you want friends to know. Something in your profile would be fine, generally people don't care. There's no way of knowing what real life gender anyone is here, no matter what they say.

Aizen Kami's Waifu

Princess Healer

50,700 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Cosmic Healer 200
It's pretty normal here to have an avatar of the opposite gender of yourself. A lot of guys have female avatars. biggrin As other users have already said, many of the popular users/regulars on Gaia use avatars of the opposite gender.

Four of my mules were male until just yesterday. (Now I have 3 male mules.) One of my mules was supposed to female but I was too lazy to use a gender potion and buy new skin/hair/eyes. I simply threw female clothing and a wig on top of the male base.You couldn't even tell they weren't female.

In a relationship with a fleshlight

Ladykiller

Symphony Tundra
Thanks, guys. I'm not worried about being called she pr anything, I just don't want people's perception to be skewered when I tell them I'm a boy <:

You're always gonna have an a*****e every once in awhile give you s**t for it, but most Gaians don't care.

Tipsy Genius

I used to switch between avatar genders a few times a month, but crossdressing is easier when you have the right arm/leg mods. I usually assume people match their avatar's gender unless they specify otherwise in their signature or profile. I don't really think there's any difference in perception or interactions though, at least not on my end.
I can just agree with everyone in here.
Just do what you like. And don't worry too much. : D

Tiny Wildcat

My avatar represents my OC, not me. So... it's a guy biggrin (veeeeeryyyyyy androgynous guy though xD)

Trash Vampire

I can't match my avatar base with my gender anyhow (wheee being nonbinary) so. I am an enigma? I guess? But seriously people have been making avatars different from their gender since the dawn of the website. It doesn't have to represent you irl; if it did we wouldn't have this giant-a** hellhound on my shoulder. Yes, yes, I know, I don't actually have one, sorry if I disappointed anyone. sad

`Russell Ace's Fangirl

Russell Superfan

57,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Russell Ace: Super Handsome Cards Dealer 500
I am the embodiment of fear and evil

Hi there, another girl IRL guy avatar. I've always had a male main avatar and I've never had any problem from people when they find out my IRL gender. So I say, dress your avatar in whichever gender and style you want to. It's your avatar, not anyone else's.

of the House of Demonic Dreams

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces