- Final Fantasy 6
- Phantasy Star Online
- Legend of Legacy
- Star Ocean Second Evolution
- Legend of Mana
- Seiken Densetsu 3
- Fate/Extra
- Threads of Fate
Arguably any FF from 4 to 15 if you count Vaan as a main character, even though FF12 majority of the story was focused on Ashe, but they decided last minute to make Vaan the poster-girl.

Basically FF4's Cecil is a dude until he becomes a Paladin and you discover he is a she with pretty white locks of justice.

FF5 Bartz/Butz is basically a fairy.

FF6, Terra, nuff said

FF7, Cloud, poor girl, must be suffering from PTSD

FF8's Squall is basically on her period

FF9's Quina Quen, is a toss up, honestly don't know, surprised she or he was the main character, I'd thought Zidane, but they couldnt possibly make a furry a main character.

FF10's main character won't stop crying cause she has bad daddy issues.

FF11 you can just pick a girl

FF12 for reasons already described.

Honestly as bad a rep as 13's Lightning gets, she seems to have more balls than all the others I mentioned. I heard they made her pink last minute because they didn't think she seemed famine enough.

I think in FF Versus/15 you play as Sasuke from Naruto, so can't wait to she how she'll ******** things up as well. Apparantly Sasuke is daddy's little girl.

Menacing Smoker

-The Legend of Heroes: Trials in the Sky
-Tales of Berseria (even though it's not out yet)
-Most if not all of the PS3 Atelier games

Benevolent Lunatic

7,850 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Maltese_Falcon91
There's Septerra Core, though, it's a little on the old side.

Never heard of it. What's it about?

Winter Star

33,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Married 100
  • Tundra Brawler 100
Don't forget Okami. Despite many of the NPC's refering to the wolf as "He" (they just assume a big white wolf running around is male.) The wolf is actually Amaterasu, Sun GODDESS. In the second game however you play her son, an adorable puppy.

Another one no one mentioned, even though their all throwing around Final Fantasies: Parasite Eve. It's old, like.. Playstation 1 old. It came out between ff7 and 8 I do believe (I have to get my discs out and check the dates on them again..) You play as Police Officer Aya Brea, plus theres a sequel staring Aya as well.

If you can get your hands on it (good luck) there is Koudelka. The lead is a female, and it starts the Shadow Hearts series (however, for the rest of the series you DO play as a male. Yuri in the 'first' and 'second' shadow hearts games, and then Johnny in the 'third' [Really the second, third, and fourth. However Koudelka didn't have the title Shadow Hearts, but it was the first in the storyline as the others follow after it... loosely.]) Again, Koudelka was an old one. I've been searching to get it for my own collection.

Odinsphere has several storylines, three of which are females (otherwise I think only two are males?) A valkyrie, a fear, and a witch.

Castlevania for the 64, you can lay as Carrie. (Not Legacy of Darkness). She throws out balls fo magic, and slashes with oversize rings.

If you can find it, an old an really not so heard of game called "Ever Grace". you could chose between a male or female, and likewise with the sequel (if you can call it that) Forever Kingdom, you had three characters in your party that you could control, and one was a female.

Dark Cloud 2 for ps2, you start as Max, but after you get Monica you can chose to play as her through the dungeoons instead.

I was going to mention Star Ocean: Second Story, but it's been mentioned already. Same thing for Neptunia, and FF13.

Newbie Gaian

Sexy Beach Premium Resort
The Seasick Sailor
Never heard of it. What's it about?

Well, the basic premise is that it takes place on a bunch of floating islands, and you're trying to stop an evil general from prematurely fulfilling a prophecy.

It's has a really creative setting and pretty decent writing. Really, the only reason it isn't more popular is that it was let down by kind of a lousy battle system.
Aya Mishido
MooMooJuice
YunaSama

I've bin playing through the 1st FFXIII game for the past 10 days or so (haven't finished it yet), and I'm kinda really enjoying this game... So far it's bin one heck of an emotional sci-fi roller coaster and I'm actually enjoying the battle system... But seeing how everyone else thinks about the game, there must be something wrong with me... cat_sweatdrop

There are dozens of us!
Nah, just kidding. Through the game has a lot of haters, there are a lot of people who love it. Same goes for every FF game past 7, really. Once 15 comes out we'll probably see a lot of people hating on that game, too, and the people who were vocal about hating 13 will die down. Rinse and repeat until the FF franchise dies.

Me personally I really liked the FF XIII series but i loved pretty much every Final Fantasy that came out but im currently playing Final Fantasy type zero kinda confused about that one still trying to understand it lol.. sweatdrop

My friend bought Typo-0 and I played a little bit of the middle. Wasn't a fan, but I was mostly grinding the whole time 'cause I didn't really know what was happening, and was just doing what my friend wanted since it was her save file.
I think I just didn't care for the mixed bunch of playable characters. For the most part I either tolerated or hated them.

Angelic Healer

Any of the Hyperdimension Neptunia's and Atelier games.

Gracious Phantom

6,700 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
MooMooJuice
Aya Mishido
MooMooJuice
YunaSama

I've bin playing through the 1st FFXIII game for the past 10 days or so (haven't finished it yet), and I'm kinda really enjoying this game... So far it's bin one heck of an emotional sci-fi roller coaster and I'm actually enjoying the battle system... But seeing how everyone else thinks about the game, there must be something wrong with me... cat_sweatdrop

There are dozens of us!
Nah, just kidding. Through the game has a lot of haters, there are a lot of people who love it. Same goes for every FF game past 7, really. Once 15 comes out we'll probably see a lot of people hating on that game, too, and the people who were vocal about hating 13 will die down. Rinse and repeat until the FF franchise dies.

Me personally I really liked the FF XIII series but i loved pretty much every Final Fantasy that came out but im currently playing Final Fantasy type zero kinda confused about that one still trying to understand it lol.. sweatdrop

My friend bought Typo-0 and I played a little bit of the middle. Wasn't a fan, but I was mostly grinding the whole time 'cause I didn't really know what was happening, and was just doing what my friend wanted since it was her save file.
I think I just didn't care for the mixed bunch of playable characters. For the most part I either tolerated or hated them.

yeah well i only played about maybe alittle over 10 hrs and still trying to understand what the meaning to this game is i wanna know if theres a real story behined it.. stare
YunaSama
MooMooJuice
YunaSama

There are dozens of us!

Ppl just really love to hate on stuff, huh... cat_neutral
FFXIII is legit the worst RPG I have ever played, and I have played a crapton of RPGs. I hate that game with a passion.?

However, Final Fantasy VI has a female lead, and it is the best game in the series and the best RPG ever made.

The first PArasite Eve is amazing, as well. It is a truly unique game in how it blends survival horror with RPG. There really is nothing else quite like it.

Of course, in a lot of western RPGs, you can choose to make the main character female. Fallout. Diablo. The Elder Scrolls. Mass Effect.

The first Phantasy Sar has a female lead, as well.

Handsome Ace

21,200 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Kuro Gang 250
Some of these have inevitably been mentioned already, but here's a list of every game I can think of offhand:

- Trails in the Sky, Trails in the Sky SC
- Suikoden III
- Persona 2 Eternal Punishment (...although it's recommended you play P2 Innocent Sin first, as that's the order they were meant to be played in)
- Persona 3 Portable
- Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones
- Fire Emblem: Awakening
- Fire Emblem: Fates
- Drakengard 3
- Tales of Xillia
- Yo-Kai Watch
- GrimGrimmoire
- Xenosaga
- Almost every Atelier game (I believe there's only one game in the Atelier Iris trilogy that gives you the option of playing a girl)
- Mana Khemia 2 (Pretty sure it's not necessary to play these in order)
- Avalon Code
- Star Ocean 2
- Folklore
- Every (?) Summon Night game gives you the ability to choose your protagonist's gender

Also the inevitable dating sim/otome games, Pokemon, etc. If I had to pick my three personal favorites: Suikoden, Persona, and Mana Khemia 2.
Maltese_Falcon91
There's Septerra Core, though, it's a little on the old side.

This is a seriously underrated gem. I adore this game, even with some of the annoying bugs that come with it. <3
Vornwrath
YunaSama
MooMooJuice
YunaSama

There are dozens of us!

Ppl just really love to hate on stuff, huh... cat_neutral
FFXIII is legit the worst RPG I have ever played, and I have played a crapton of RPGs. I hate that game with a passion.?

However, Final Fantasy VI has a female lead, and it is the best game in the series and the best RPG ever made.

The first PArasite Eve is amazing, as well. It is a truly unique game in how it blends survival horror with RPG. There really is nothing else quite like it.

Of course, in a lot of western RPGs, you can choose to make the main character female. Fallout. Diablo. The Elder Scrolls. Mass Effect.

The first Phantasy Sar has a female lead, as well.

FF XIII is bad, but there is far worse. I wouldn't even call it the worst FF with titles like VIII out there.

VI, however, is fantastic.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces