Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kittykatea
SuicideKing4077
Kittykatea
Assault on GSK 13
Kittykatea
http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/13/world/paris-shooting/

This is exactly why NSA surveillance doesn't bother me. If the programs could prevent one attack, saving multiple lives, I could care less about someone I'm never going to meet seeing a few of my personal information and pictures.

Don't EVER go that route, please. Nothing, not even this, is worth putting your liberty and privacy at a government's mercy so willingly.

I could careless if privacy is curtailed if it sames 100's of lives. It doesn't bother nor affect me if someone reads my personal information. I think it dumb people freak out about it when you are never going to meet these people in real life. I don't live in a magical utopia where I think everything is fine, and no one is inherently evil.

No one says that.
They say With Freedom Comes Risks.
”Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither.”

As much as I like that quote, I'm still going have to disagree on this one. Terrorist attack aren't just 15 dead in a school shooting. This was 150 people that are now gone, from a organized terrorist attack from brainwashed religious lunatics.

Yeah and all those people died because they gave up the right to self defense

~Kiri~Kunoichi~'s Significant Otter

Charming Glutton

54,375 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Valthier Twilight Shadow
you are not making accurate comparisons at all. in specific individual cases, the attacks by extremist islamic terrorists happen at the same magnitude as individual attacks by radical christian terroists in America and other countries. meanwhile, globally, christian terrorists are targeting and attacking groups and populations to the same magnitude as ISIS as well. the same can be said of radical buddhist terrorists, and radical hindu terrorists. proportionately, the level of violence, murder, terrorism, and torture is roughly equal.

you claim that christian terrorists are not a global threat, but they are. everywhere from kenyan executions of gays, to christian terrorists mass-murdering entire schools of children in norway based on the belief that they are being indoctrinated in liberal brainwashing schemes, to chinese christian radicals car-bombing chinese feminists. this is a global phenomenon, and when you compare global christian terrorism to global islamic terrorism it's at the same magnitude, just as when you compare individual christian terrorist attacks to individual islamic terrorist attacks it is at the same magnitude. yet here you are trying to compare individual christian terrorist attacks to global islamic terrorist attacks. you are not comparing them at the same scale.

also, you claim that christian terrorists are not beheading, crusifying, or kidnapping their targets. but they are. they are doing that all the time. they are doing that across the globe, including in europe and america.

ISIS is a global threat, and I by no means think that we should ignore them. but do not DARE claim that christian terrorism is not ALSO a global threat, or that it is not as dangerous a threat as ISIS.

and my point is that, regardless, the NSA's spying programs do nothing to protect us from terrorist attacks, whether by ISIS or by christian terrorists.

I will concede that there are current Christian terrorists I was previously unaware of. Thank you for enlightening me about that.
I can also agree that it is a global problem, but I disagree that it's as dangerous as ISIS/Muslim extremists on the basis that the Muslim extremists, from the articles I checked highlighting Christian terrorism, have still killed more and in a much shorter period of time than the Christian terrorist groups.
However, what's most important, I think for both to remember, is that the moderates on both sides don't want war, don't believe in torturing, raping or murdering, and just because they are of a certain faith doesn't make them inherently bad. Their actions and their actions alone make them bad or good, not their faith. It seems that people on both sides suck big donkey balls at remembering that, but I guess that's why they're extremists. They're ******** brainwashed imbeciles, the lot of them.
:/ I can't wait for the day when everyone realizes their religions are all ******** guesses and stop caring if people don't believe the same as them or not. It's seriously pathetic. A violent, traumatizing waste of ******** time and life.
I'm done throwing my thoughts and opinions of this now.
It's all senseless violence. The only thing that matters is reducing injustice as much as possible. Thank you for raising awareness of current ******** Christian terrorist worms, but it might be prudent of you to be sensitive to this most recent case of terrorism. It's all s**t, and you bringing up other issues right now comes across as.... you don't give a s**t about what happened in Paris - which I'm sure you do, but your actions of raising awareness might be more effective in a week or so, while right now, expressing sorrow and sympathy would be the best course of action. [Unless they're expressing hostility to ALL Muslims, or some other such drivel that would only lead to the spread of violence]
You currently just come across as rather callously confrontational, which is shitting on your cause. Timing is everything.
Valthier Twilight Shadow
Kittykatea
Valthier Twilight Shadow
Kittykatea
Valthier Twilight Shadow

BULLSHIT THEY DON'T! scream THEY DO THAT s**t ALL THE ******** TIME! THEY'RE DOING IT RIGHT NOW IN MISOU!

Planned attack to this magnitude? Or even close? Please send me the link. I know one school shooting where it was actually planned out. Also don't think the NSA was even running these security surveillance.

CBS News.

This isn't a methodical attack that takes weeks to plan, where someone is trying to smuggle AK 47, M 15 and build elaborate bombs to kill as many people as possible. The school shooting is small scale attacks when compared to actual put together methodical terrorist attacks. Also I asked for an incident student killed on mass scale, 30 plus people. Killing large amount people is planned operation that take a lot of resources and connections, not some kid with mental issues going on a rampage and killing 15 people before turning the gun on themselves.

the bombing in pars was 3 guys with explosive vests, one of which didn't even detonate.

and the threats at Missou could very well have actually been carried out if the kids threatening it were not caught. and yet, there was argument about whether or not it should even be taken seriously in the first place. even now, people are denying it should have been taken seriously (yourself included).

all it takes to shoot up a school is one kid with enough hatred and/or mental instability. hundreds could die. this has been a proven fact in America multiple times every year. and yet you are acting like it never happens.

meanwhile, all it takes to blow up a building full of people is... well, one kid with enough hate and/or mental instability. and that's exactly what these "jihadist" terrorists are -- angry, hateful, oftentimes deranged, young men. the only difference is that ISIS is an organization with funding.

and at any time, a movement at a school in America could go that way. white-supremist teenagers and 20-somethings can easily find neo-nazi organizations to supply them with weapons and ammuniton.

Just because I'm not taking the situation in Missouri as serious as 153+ people dead in Paris means I "don't take it seriously". Anyone who get caught making a death threat should be arrested and looked in to, period. You bring up White Supremacist but don't bring up Black Panthers, saying "kill white babies" or "kills all white people". That pretty serious situation, to call for the mass genocide of a race. And white guys could easily be supplied, but aren't and don't go on mass executions, at least not in America. Getting weaponry in America is definitely not that hard. And if you can send article of "white christians" ( sense race seems to matter to you a lot ) Killing thousands, please send me the link. If that a problem we sure need fix it, but is it on the scale of our current problem of mass killing of anyone who doesn't follow ISIS?

Benevolent Phantom

11,150 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Canny Agent 50
  • Mark Twain 100
Saffrons_Curse
Valthier Twilight Shadow
you are not making accurate comparisons at all. in specific individual cases, the attacks by extremist islamic terrorists happen at the same magnitude as individual attacks by radical christian terroists in America and other countries. meanwhile, globally, christian terrorists are targeting and attacking groups and populations to the same magnitude as ISIS as well. the same can be said of radical buddhist terrorists, and radical hindu terrorists. proportionately, the level of violence, murder, terrorism, and torture is roughly equal.

you claim that christian terrorists are not a global threat, but they are. everywhere from kenyan executions of gays, to christian terrorists mass-murdering entire schools of children in norway based on the belief that they are being indoctrinated in liberal brainwashing schemes, to chinese christian radicals car-bombing chinese feminists. this is a global phenomenon, and when you compare global christian terrorism to global islamic terrorism it's at the same magnitude, just as when you compare individual christian terrorist attacks to individual islamic terrorist attacks it is at the same magnitude. yet here you are trying to compare individual christian terrorist attacks to global islamic terrorist attacks. you are not comparing them at the same scale.

also, you claim that christian terrorists are not beheading, crusifying, or kidnapping their targets. but they are. they are doing that all the time. they are doing that across the globe, including in europe and america.

ISIS is a global threat, and I by no means think that we should ignore them. but do not DARE claim that christian terrorism is not ALSO a global threat, or that it is not as dangerous a threat as ISIS.

and my point is that, regardless, the NSA's spying programs do nothing to protect us from terrorist attacks, whether by ISIS or by christian terrorists.

I will concede that there are current Christian terrorists I was previously unaware of. Thank you for enlightening me about that.
I can also agree that it is a global problem, but I disagree that it's as dangerous as ISIS/Muslim extremists on the basis that the Muslim extremists, from the articles I checked highlighting Christian terrorism, have still killed more and in a much shorter period of time than the Christian terrorist groups.
However, what's most important, I think for both to remember, is that the moderates on both sides don't want war, don't believe in torturing, raping or murdering, and just because they are of a certain faith doesn't make them inherently bad. Their actions and their actions alone make them bad or good, not their faith. It seems that people on both sides suck big donkey balls at remembering that, but I guess that's why they're extremists. They're ******** brainwashed imbeciles, the lot of them.
:/ I can't wait for the day when everyone realizes their religions are all ******** guesses and stop caring if people don't believe the same as them or not. It's seriously pathetic. A violent, traumatizing waste of ******** time and life.
I'm done throwing my thoughts and opinions of this now.
It's all senseless violence. The only thing that matters is reducing injustice as much as possible. Thank you for raising awareness of current ******** Christian terrorist worms, but it might be prudent of you to be sensitive to this most recent case of terrorism. It's all s**t, and you bringing up other issues right now comes across as.... you don't give a s**t about what happened in Paris - which I'm sure you do, but your actions of raising awareness might be more effective in a week or so, while right now, expressing sorrow and sympathy would be the best course of action. [Unless they're expressing hostility to ALL Muslims, or some other such drivel that would only lead to the spread of violence]
You currently just come across as rather callously confrontational, which is shitting on your cause. Timing is everything.

to be clear, I don't go around willy-nilly shouting "christian extremists exist too!" whenever someone brings up ISIS. I was merely responding to claims that terrorism in the US doesn't happen with nearly as much urgency as ISIS.

but yes, the idea that the terrorism and violence is inherent to the religions is ******** gross. sad I also long for the day people recognize that moderates are not seeking bloodshed, and that we can stop displacing our hatred for terrorism onto hatred of religions.
SuicideKing4077
Kittykatea
SuicideKing4077
Kittykatea
Assault on GSK 13
Kittykatea
http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/13/world/paris-shooting/

This is exactly why NSA surveillance doesn't bother me. If the programs could prevent one attack, saving multiple lives, I could care less about someone I'm never going to meet seeing a few of my personal information and pictures.

Don't EVER go that route, please. Nothing, not even this, is worth putting your liberty and privacy at a government's mercy so willingly.

I could careless if privacy is curtailed if it sames 100's of lives. It doesn't bother nor affect me if someone reads my personal information. I think it dumb people freak out about it when you are never going to meet these people in real life. I don't live in a magical utopia where I think everything is fine, and no one is inherently evil.

No one says that.

As much as I like that quote, I'm still going have to disagree on this one. Terrorist attack aren't just 15 dead in a school shooting. This was 150 people that are now gone, from a organized terrorist attack from brainwashed religious lunatics.

..?
Kittykatea
SuicideKing4077
Kittykatea
SuicideKing4077
Kittykatea

No one says that.

..?

Compare the attacks that happened in France where there is strict Gun Control to the attack in Texas
Okay seriously, am I supposed to be outraged over 153 dead, tho? I look at numbers like that and think this turrist cell sucks a**. America killed like 4mil of them, making us better at blowing their s**t up than they are at blowing up ours
ln Hoc Signo Vinces
Okay seriously, am I supposed to be outraged over 153 dead, tho? I look at numbers like that and think this turrist cell sucks a**. America killed like 4mil of them, making us better at blowing their s**t up than they are at blowing up ours

What does France got to do with U.S?
SuicideKing4077
ln Hoc Signo Vinces

France is part of the supernational entity the world refers to as "The West." It's kind of like how there's "The Arab World," and "The Latin World," etc.

Angelic Ladykiller

9,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
SuicideKing4077
Kittykatea
SuicideKing4077
Kittykatea
SuicideKing4077
Kittykatea

No one says that.

..?

Compare the attacks that happened in France where there is strict Gun Control to the attack in Texas
How about instead we compare Apples to Apples?
Let's compare this organized, multiple target attack with another organized, multiple target terror attack.

150+ dead in France with 6-8 attack locations
3000+ dead in the USA with 4 attack locations

In France, the terrorists used bombs and guns
In America they used box cutters (at a time when some firearms, with proper paperwork, were still allowed on commercial flights) to take over planes.

All the same, these terrorists are ******** cowards

Writer

Kittykatea
Serenicus
It's nice to know that before the corpses have even cooled, we're already past mourning the pointless death of over a hundred innocent people and have moved on to the interesting and profitable phase of making political capital out of their deaths. Congrats on reacting in precisely the way the terrorists wanted.

I'd say you people should be ashamed of yourselves, but I think there is an inherent quality to the internet which turns off human shame once the internet connection is activated.

Excuse me, I'm reacting exactly how terrorist want use to act? Am I suppose just ignore the problem at hand, while more innocent people die and people are brainwashed everyday by terrorist organizations. If I wasn't upset about the situation I wouldn't be bringing up ways to prevent it the future.

I am reacting to the people in the thread and elsewhere who are trying to use the Paris bombing for political gain. For example, Al Jazeera is whining how poor Islam is going to get a bad rap, (al Jazeera is the terrorists' CNN, so big surprise,) while Newt Gingrich is trying to push pro-gun before the dead have even been buried. I am Republican, I am pro-gun, but I find his actions disgusting and I find him disgusting.

Terrorism is not insanity, that is what the terrorists want their victims to think. Terrorism proceeds by committing a "spectacular" act of violence where they kill as many as possible. Then, they start the victimization-style whining, telling everybody the terrorism happened because the evil French or the evil Brits or the evil Americans "drove the poor people crazy" to the point where they were desperate enough to do something this horrible, and this was because of American foreign policy or French foreign policy, or Brit foreign policy. So they make an act of violence, and then milk it for political gain. This doesn't necessarily mean the terrorists claim desperation over bombing of countries; they do it with things like evil Europe driving poor Islam insane by drawing the prophet Mohammed, even though Muslims constantly draw vile caricatures of Americans, Jews, French, or whoever.

By trying to make political gain out of terrorist acts, you're taking the bait that terrorism tries to ensnare you with. Terrorism happens for political gain. The proper response is to retaliate against the terrorists and defeat them so decisively that their leaders know it will be certain death to the leadership to continue. If you notice, it's always the terrorist imams or leaders inciting the terrorism, and the acts are committed by young people. The imams and leaders don't want to die, that's for the peons. When Osama bin Laden was taken out, his AK-47 wasn't even loaded. That was for HIS peons.

tl;dr : if you truly say you hate terrorism, don't participate in political terrorism by making political arguments about terrorism beyond solidarity with the victims and foreign and internal policy needed to quash further terrorism. If you do -- you're doing what terrorism wants. Agree with me, don't agree with me, I don't give a s**t. I've seen enough of these people in my life to know how they operate.
A Mythic Angel
SuicideKing4077
Kittykatea
SuicideKing4077
Kittykatea

..?

Let's compare this organized, multiple target attack with another organized, multiple target terror attack.

In America they used box cutters (at a time when some firearms, with proper paperwork, were still allowed on commercial flights) to take over planes.

I'm not talking about 9/11 I'm talking about the shootings they tried to pull off in Texas. How is that not the same as the s**t they just pulled off in France or the s**t they first did in France?
ln Hoc Signo Vinces
SuicideKing4077
ln Hoc Signo Vinces

France is part of the supernational entity the world refers to as "The West." It's kind of like how there's "The Arab World," and "The Latin World," etc.

How many countries would you call the West thats over there in Europe???

Angelic Ladykiller

9,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
SuicideKing4077
A Mythic Angel
SuicideKing4077
Kittykatea
SuicideKing4077
Kittykatea

..?

I'm not talking about 9/11 I'm talking about the shootings they tried to pull off in Texas. How is that not the same as the s**t they just pulled off in France or the s**t they first did in France?
In Texas, they were tipped off, and the police managed to take out the shooter before the attack.
The French had no warning.

Also, Texas was an isolated attack
France saw several attacks go off in a coordinated effort.

Like I said, compare like with like. This has more in common with September 11th than it does with the failed attempt in Texas.
Valthier Twilight Shadow

Sources?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces