Welcome to Gaia! ::

animals?

I would say the difference is that we can create systems, or have creative power, that allow us to do things easier. Aside from that we are the same as animals.

All humans and animals are desire driven beings. What psychiatry takes when they use antipsychotics on you is the desire system inside you. It takes years to destroy it, but eventually it is truly destroyed. And since all human goals are desire based, the antipsychotics eliminate the ability to feel emotions, think and basically all consciousness that revolves around desire.

If I had a kid (which I never would, because I'd need to be mentally healthier and have more money), I would teach him, as soon as he could understand, that happiness comes from within and that everything you feel is a gift. I would teach him that regarding everything you actually have control over, being innocent is the only important thing. I'll never be a father but I will be an uncle someday (as my sister will probably have kids), so maybe I'll tell them that.

Anyway, ya, I think that is the only difference between humans and animals, that we can create systems that allow us to achieve our goals with less effort.

charlz's Husband

Lonely Loiterer

11,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Loiterer 100
brains, that's about it
We were dumb enough to create Religion. I don't think animals have gone back in evolution with that ridiculous creation. They were smarter than that.
Wilson-Kun
brains, that's about it
But what are brains specifically? Animals have brains too. They just don't create value systems and labels (language), or technical systems that allow them to achieve their goals easier. I think that's the only difference between them and us.

Universal Champion

14,475 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Humans have the best looking bewbs. 3nodding

Possibly p***s too, but I can't confirm. ninja

Rainbow Lover

Sentience. Otherwise I see no difference.
HomebrewFox
Sentience. Otherwise I see no difference.
Nope. Animals are sentient. In fact it would surprise you how much of human behavior is just based on animal instinct that we have classified with lofty sectioning because we are insecure about it.
Tahquamenon
We were dumb enough to create Religion. I don't think animals have gone back in evolution with that ridiculous creation. They were smarter than that.
Religion is retarded I agree.
I've always said self awareness. Where humans are judgemental over everything including themselves, animals don't care about anything more then survival. They don't question if they are pretty enough, they don't cry over rejection, they dont have anything they feel they need to prove to the world. They just are, and for them that is enough. I envy that.
saturnflair2009
I've always said self awareness. Where humans are judgemental over everything including themselves, animals don't care about anything more then survival. They don't question if they are pretty enough, they don't cry over rejection, they dont have anything they feel they need to prove to the world. They just are, and for them that is enough. I envy that.
You know a person on neuroleptics is more like an animal in a human body than an actual human right?

Codger

ants has the ability to create elaborate systems.
apes have the power to be creative.

only difference is, we know how to exploit one anothers weaknesses.

Seeker

do you think anti depressants do the same thing?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff