Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Georgia state trooper who went to the home of a mother and father killed in a car crash on Halloween night found only their four children there alone, dressed in their costumes and waiting for their parents to return.

Wanting to preserve their Halloween, he took the kids trick-or-treating before breaking the sad news.

Nathan Bradley, 25, said he was "lost for words" when he arrived at the house in Morgan County.

"The door hesitantly opened and there behind the locked screen door stood four children in full costume -- a 13-year-old Freddy Krueger, 10-year-old daughter of a Dracula, eight-year-old wizard and a six-year-old that appeared to be a firefighting ninja turtle," Bradley wrote on a crowdfunding page he's since launched to help the orphans out.

Asking if an adult was home, the eldest boy said the kids were waiting for their parents to return -- they'd gone out to get more face paint.

Knowing their closest family -- a grandmother -- was a seven-hour drive away, Bradley took them out for burgers and then trick-or-treating.

He and the children's grandmother broke the news to the kids the next day.

"We hoped that they would then relate the tragedy to November 1st, rather than Halloween," he wrote on his fundraising page.

It's since reached its goal of $275,000.

sad

Firebreathing Comrade

Usually I'm wary of cops, but this is actually very heart-warming. It's sad that the children lost their parents, but it was nice of the cop to do that.

Ice-Cold Bloodsucker

19,890 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Very kind of him to help out.

Undead Enchantress

Sparkly Spark

That's so sweet and sad. Maybe there is hope for this world.

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Awww, sweet

Roasai's Fangirl

Colorful Cottontail

19,000 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image

Love can accomplish many a great thing

Actually teared up at this.

If cultivated by the two that share it.

Kawaii Shoujo

That's so sweet of him to do that for those children emotion_kirakira emotion_kirakira emotion_kirakira emotion_kirakira emotion_kirakira

Magical Seeker

3,850 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
My heart goes very much out to those children. I hope that these next few months will be as easy as they can be on them, especially with the holidays coming up.

Very kind of the police officer to do that.

JamesWN's Secret Admirer

Spoopy Bibliophile

II O P A L II
User Image

Love can accomplish many a great thing

Actually teared up at this.

If cultivated by the two that share it.

Me too....T-T

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Part of me went "daaaawww!"

Part of me wonders if the kids will develop some sort of weird mental connection between the characters they dressed up as on that night and/or candy in general - and the horrible tragedy associated with the night. I'm thinking losing both parents while they went out to get more stuff to help you celebrate that holiday would attach a pretty negative memory to the holiday for me.

Or maybe this is where you get those folks who go super over the top decorating for whatever holiday they are into.

Anyway... sad thing for the kids. Stating the obvious but yeah - sad.
It would not be surprising if a person became offended.

Punny Skeleton

First off, I got misty-eyed reading this.

Second, It's nice to read a story about a cop that doesn't involve them shooting someone.

User Image

lastborntripletmack's Significant Otter

Popular Seeker

37,665 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Doting Romantic 100
  • Simple Romantic 50
Linka Skyloft
First off, I got misty-eyed reading this.

Second, It's nice to read a story about a cop that doesn't involve them shooting someone.

User Image
the majority of cops are good people I believe. You only hear about cops shooting people because shooting people is more intersting than helping people.
My dad and mum dying in a car crash is my worst nightmare. That is so tragic sad

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff