Welcome to Gaia! ::

Heart Tamer

Yep, this happens to me frequently. It's why I proposed on multiple occasions in the past a "header sized" avatar option in the dressing room.

Wild Glitch

29,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
  • Magical Gems 500
I'm OCD when it comes to avis (and a few other things) so if both dress up and header image must look amazing otherwise a twitch shows up and eventually I end up having to change. I have had a few flops in my life and every time I felt complete rage and didn't come online for a bit because I was angry with either colors not matching up or the avi shrinking making it look like a clown. XD

Alcopops's Pardner

Bloodthirsty Bunny

33,440 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
  • Miasmal Researcher 200

User Image

yes ;-;

sometimes the small details really make the avatar look uneven in the header view, which drives me crazy. but other times that can kinda work in your favor, since items that look a bit crappy in the dressup can end up looking pretty awesome in the header. it's a luck of the draw i suppose.

Dangerous Lover

SPACESPACESPACE
      This thread gives me life. xD I have felt that way towards several of my avis. Some times I change it but other times, I keep it how I made it and let it "grow" on me.

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
" A Houngan is wandering, away from its swarm. "

||| I find that my biggest issue is the fact that dressup flips my avatar, and while I like how things look when the avatar is facing THAT direction, somehow it just looks different in the header and somehow looks off. And it annoys me. xD

" The wandering Houngan logged out "

Predestined Prophet

Yes, all the time. Most of the time I go back in and tweak until I feel satisfied. Other times I'm like, ******** it, its not the end of the world. sweatdrop

Tipsy Lunatic

I have the problem that I think an avatar looks good facing one way, but the other way it looks strange and messed up.

Aizen Kami's Waifu

Princess Healer

50,700 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Cosmic Healer 200
I had this issue back when I actively participated in Runway. A lot of my make-up and face mods looked terrible when shrunk. I also had difficulty trying to match specific colors without the colors blending into each other and in consequence, the outfit looks blobish. There are so many beautifully detailed items that loose their detail when shrunk too. Necklaces and lace for example.

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Happens to me sometimes, especially items that look good in the MP but useless when I dress up. I still keep those items though. They might be useful in the future.
I make really simplistic avatars so I haven't run into that as an issue yet. The only thing is that theres sometimes that an avatar looks weird flipped around if I post too late and its facing backwards. Or I'll look at it and before saving I won't like one aspect about it (like the legs in this one) and i'll wait like hours or come back days later to save it or edit it.

Beginner Sex Symbol

19,090 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Clambake 200
  • Medalist 100
I honestly never had this problem......and I have no idea why.

IRL Glitch

24,725 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
This is actually a big reason why I still use the Avatar Arenas to compete (but really mostly to showcase and archive my favorite avis). It is also why I frequently save throughout my avatar making process so that I can see how things look on both scales.

Basically...yes to all of the above. It has happened to me enough I have utilized it or otherwise found ways to mitigate it depending on how much I like an avi.

Aya Cash's Boyfriend

Last question: I kept Last Year's Lookbook for over 2 weeks because the leg looks so good.
I sold it today, never used. It's impossible to match (well based on my aesthetics)

Hygge Agenda

44,725 Points
  • My Feminist Agenda 500
  • Cozy Life 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
YES to them all. I still have some items in my inventory that I never wear, but I stubbornly believe that the right items will come along and make them wearable for me.

I am always lamenting that the dress up size avatar can not be the header/forum one. So many things looks amazing in there and just terrible out here.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff