Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Pal

Some of you probably know this game and I made this thread to discuss on the bases that make this game so great, but the friendly game I mean is:

Harvest Moon

It's a cute game that centers on growing and prospering your own farm that an old man/your grandpa/etc left for you depending on the game. You fall in love, make a family and do favors (depending on the game) for others.

During the game you grow your own crops in which you can ship for money, give them to a person that loves it (or hates it) or cook it. You also have animals you care for of all shapes and sizes, from just cows and chickens in the first games to alpacas, camels and bunnies in the last few games. And why is it vegetarian friendly? You never cook them or use them for good! The only thing you use is their products like milk, eggs and wool!

Theres hundreds of recipes from Western foods like pizza and fries to Eastern foods like Pho and 3-color Dumplings and absolutely NO recipe has meat, not one recipe carries meat unless its fish of course but you can choose not to because its only around 15 or so recipes that involve fish our of the hundreds.

This game is also a huge stress reliever, if you ever feel under pressure just play this for an hour and you will feel new again because of the over cute levels this game franchise has

Im not vegetarian but I always felt this game is friendly to those who are because its completely vegetarian (excluding fish), and very ethical because theres no suffering animals, the only suffering animals are based on your fault for not taking care of them correctly by not feeding them or giving them medicine so it also grows morals on you. Its a fun game for all group ages and no matter what you perfer to eat.

If you also want an lgbta+ friendly game, try Harvest Moon True Love Edition which is a rom hack a tumblr user made for that specific reason

I know this doesnt look like much to discuss but you can just write about your opinions on the game and other reasons why this game looks friendly for vegetarian or etc or why is it not friendly if you find something to let me know

Quotable Vampire

6,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Don't forget its "spin-off" Story of Seasons which is the most recent of the series.

But yeah. Harvest Moon is a pretty good series for something people don't usually go out and do. Its an interesting change of pace to say the least.

Dedicated Loiterer

To be honest HM games are usually pretty hit or miss because either they're under-budgeted and broken or they're under-budgeted and playable. I like the games but man do a lot of them suck.

Timid Pal

Ruff Rabbit
To be honest HM games are usually pretty hit or miss because either they're under-budgeted and broken or they're under-budgeted and playable. I like the games but man do a lot of them suck.

*cough* Island of Happiness *cough*

Timid Pal

Misery Meister
Why are you trying to sell us on this game? It's nothing new so most people who want to play it already are and nothing you've said is going to convert those who do not.

I wasnt trying to do anything, actually I wanted mostly to emphasize the vegetarian aspects of it and not only that but also the peaceful aspects

basically me being trash by trying to glorify my favourite franchise

Timid Pal

Misery Meister
Bunnillas
I wasnt trying to do anything, actually I wanted mostly to emphasize the vegetarian aspects of it and not only that but also the peaceful aspects

basically me being trash by trying to glorify my favourite franchise

Which you do not need to do and I explained why.

Sorry

Dedicated Loiterer

Bunnillas
Ruff Rabbit

*cough* Island of Happiness *cough*

IoH is probably the one I have the most time on that I still own. Grand Bazaar is also pretty okay though. And then I just look at Tale of Two Towns and get really disappointed.

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Vegetarian-friendly? Are vegetarians concerned with the suffering of fictional animals? Are games like Pokemon and Cooking Mama too visceral for some people? I literally cannot fathom this being a point of interest in video games...

That aside, Harvest Moon is great for people who love life sims. Sort of old news to the gaming community though, don't ya think?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff