Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Smoker

Did anyone else watch the premiere episode tonight? I thought it was very good, what about the rest of you?

Dangerous Genius

I watched it 5 times, the 1 times it was on when they sneak previewed it, the 2 times it premiered back to back, and the repeat back to back.

I can't wait for the next episode.

Lonely Smoker

Chaos Dirge
I watched it 5 times, the 1 times it was on when they sneak previewed it, the 2 times it premiered back to back, and the repeat back to back.

Me either my friend. After watching the first episode, I'm excited to see what's coming next week!

Dangerous Genius

ComradeCommissar1945
Chaos Dirge

Me either my friend. After watching the first episode, I'm excited to see what's coming next week!
That ending with the chainsaw "Hey granny! I hope you took your Geritol!" priceless. But I really wish that the series had been a continuation of the Army of Darkness movie instead of the first Evil Dead. At the same time though it makes sense considering the First Evil Dead is the only one that I can think of that doesn't have a direct continuation already.

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
Lol. I just watched it, it was quite funny. However Ive never seen any of the Evil Dead films, but now Im goin to have to check them out cuz I was a little confused on what was going on at first.

Dangerous Genius

Little Dead Soldier
Lol. I just watched it, it was quite funny. However Ive never seen any of the Evil Dead films, but now Im goin to have to check them out cuz I was a little confused on what was going on at first.
As I said, the series itself is a sequel to Evil Dead. Evil Dead 2 is more of a alternate universe and a reboot of Evil Dead, and then army of Darkness is a sequel to Evil Dead 2. Army of darkness also has its own comic series which is on sale on Humble bundle right now if you want to read them.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/morebooks

So you really only need to see Evil Dead to understand what is going on, but if you want to see where this series got its comedic routes you'll want to see Army of Darkness and Evil Dead 2, the much better films of the series.

You can also watch the reboot of Evil Dead that was recently made but it is completely different from its source material. Bruce Campbell actually said he wants to kind of do a crossover with the new Evil Dead he thinks it would be interesting to have Ash and Mia fighting the undead side by side, but that would get pretty meta and have one of them traveling to the other's universe since they are both sole survivors of pretty much the same exact event.

Aged Gawker

Just saw it last night. It was good, the only problem I got with it is the fact they totally IGNORE the events of what happened in Army Of Darkness(Evil Dead 3) Which makes absolutely no sense what so ever since the end of the second one is proof that the third film mattered since he was pulled into a goddamn portal. How do you mess that up?? Unless they plan on showing scenes and talking about it but from what I saw in this first episode they are acting like he never went into the portal at all....other than that...the episode wasn't bad. It wasn't really funny though which is fine, I'm sure it will only get better by the episode. And it was already renewed for a second season which is good news.

Dangerous Genius

1Sunder
Just saw it last night. It was good, the only problem I got with it is the fact they totally IGNORE the events of what happened in Army Of Darkness(Evil Dead 3) Which makes absolutely no sense what so ever since the end of the second one is proof that the third film mattered since he was pulled into a goddamn portal. How do you mess that up?? Unless they plan on showing scenes and talking about it but from what I saw in this first episode they are acting like he never went into the portal at all....other than that...the episode wasn't bad. It wasn't really funny though which is fine, I'm sure it will only get better by the episode. And it was already renewed for a second season which is good news.
Once again I repeat myself, its not a continuation of Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness, its a Continuation of the first Evil Dead, which isn't a part of that continuity. He acts like he never went through the portal because he never did.

Aged Gawker

Chaos Dirge
1Sunder
Once again I repeat myself, its not a continuation of Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness, its a Continuation of the first Evil Dead, which isn't a part of that continuity.

Then I guess there is no point in watching it then if its not going to take place after the events of what happened last.

Dangerous Genius

1Sunder
Chaos Dirge
1Sunder
Once again I repeat myself, its not a continuation of Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness, its a Continuation of the first Evil Dead, which isn't a part of that continuity.

Then I guess there is no point in watching it then if its not going to take place after the events of what happened last.
No You're not understanding. Evil dead 2 was a reboot of the original evil dead, They couldn't get the rights to calling it Evil Dead so they called it Evil dead 2, yeah how that works I don't know, copyright law is weird.

Evil dead and Evil Dead 2 are literally different universes. Ash from Evil Dead is not the same ash from Evil Dead 2. Ash from Evil Dead never went into the portal to the past, never ran into the archaeologists daughter for her to open it and ran away from the cabin.

Spoopy Bun

8,600 Points
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Bold Glow 150
I love this A LOT.

The Evil Dead movies and AoD were/are my favorite horror movies growing up.

It was hilarious and I really dug it. Anyone complaining that it should have been placed after ED 2 or AoD needs to realize that they weren't made like that.

Dangerous Genius

Dovahkiinkling
I love this A LOT.

It was hilarious and I really dug it. Anyone complaining that it should have been placed after ED 2 or AoD needs to realize that they weren't made like that.
I actually have a theory I've only seen the first episode but I think that this series might actually be an attempt to connect all 3 movies.

Think about it this way, we already know that time travel is possible in the other movies, the book of the dead also has alot of spells that are unknown. One of them could easily be a spell that doesn't just send people back in time, but completely restarts the events of their life. But its a little to early to jump to that conclusion, I mean its only the first episode, but it would be a bit of a cool concept for Ash to have aged 30 years and then have to repeat what happened in the events in the cabin all over again.

The movies might not have been made to be connected but it can be tied together, plus if this is right Bruce can get his wish and do a crossover with Mia from the new movie.

Spoopy Bun

8,600 Points
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Bold Glow 150
Chaos Dirge
Dovahkiinkling
I love this A LOT.

I actually have a theory I've only seen the first episode but I think that this series might actually be an attempt to connect all 3 movies.

Think about it this way, we already know that time travel is possible in the other movies, the book of the dead also has alot of spells that are unknown. One of them could easily be a spell that doesn't just send people back in time, but completely restarts the events of their life. But its a little to early to jump to that conclusion, I mean its only the first episode, but it would be a bit of a cool concept for Ash to have aged 30 years and then have to repeat what happened in the events in the cabin all over again.

The movies might not have been made to be connected but it can be tied together, plus if this is right Bruce can get his wish and do a crossover with Mia from the new movie.

You know what? I like this theory. It would be the perfect fan-service to actually connect all of the movies. I'm sure it's doable too with a whole series.

I'd love to at least see some mentions of the other films, at the very least. But yeah. I guess we have to wait and see what they have in mind. The thought never never really crossed my mind, but it'd certainly be cool.

11,025 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
Is it just me or does Bruce Campbell kinda look like Mitt Romney?

Spoopy Bun

8,600 Points
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Bold Glow 150
thesupremekaidbz
Is it just me or does Bruce Campbell kinda look like Mitt Romney?

He does now...
Can't unsee.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas